What's new

Team LCA gears up for increased orders

No it can't theoretically it able to carry BVR but this capability is never.
Tested .And I fully confident on this As my source is a air force Engineer deployed on Srinagar AFS and operates mig-21bison under his command .For principal I can only tell you this much.

Even I was disappointed like you reality seems different what we have on grounds mate
Your information is not accurate. That is all I will point at. I will recommend, you to chat with your source again.

No it can't theoretically it able to carry BVR but this capability is never.
Tested .And I fully confident on this As my source is a air force Engineer deployed on Srinagar AFS and operates mig-21bison under his command .For principal I can only tell you this much.

Even I was disappointed like you reality seems different what we have on grounds mate

Check out whether its Mig-21 Bison or Mig -21 BIS

Russia, did their first test flight on October 6th, 1998. Trials of the medium-range Vympel R-73RDM2 and the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Vympel R-77/RVV-AEE air-to-air missiles were conducted in February 1999. The formidable combination of the Phazatron Kopyo (Spear) light weight multi-mode radar with that of the Missiles proved a success, the subsonic target drone aircraft being destroyed by a R-77 fired from 6km away. In all the two prototypes were believed to have done nearly 200 test flights.

CO, Wg Cdr Dhir emphasized the ‘new’ features of the aircraft, including its ability to use BVR missiles like the R-77 and the usage of Standoff Weapons like the KAB 500, incidentally both of which were displayed on the Bison’s Weapon stations to the filming team (or for any media team) for the first time. The CO was all praise for the improved visibility of the new aircraft and the much simpler workload on the pilot due to the improved avionics.

Another significant upgrade to the aircraft is the new Helmet Mounted Sighting System, which enables the pilot to launch an Air to Air Missile at off bore angles, simply by turning his head towards the target.

Your information is not accurate. That is all I will point at. I will recommend, you to chat with your source again.
My information accurate sir
Eventually I meet my friend class fellow last week of November itself he was on its way to Srinagar AFS where he was posted there he is Air force Engineer and has Mig-21 bison in his command Squadron number 51

We often discuss these things what he said to me is very shocking and disappointing

The things we read in articles and forums eventually not show correct narrative on the ground. Also told me internal politics inside armed forces.

He also told me that it will take more than decade to completely phase out mig-21

Last edited:
but after getting EL/m-23-2032 radar and python5& Derby+IderbyER upgrade they can :azn:

The inlet from nose, and space limitation does not permits EM/m-2032 Radar to fit inside the nose of the MIG-21 bison, however, MIG-21-bison could be equiped with EL/L-2032 Radar on its one of the PYLON, but that will reduce its one pylon weapon station.

So then SU 30 will provide the Target illumination with Bison maintaining Radar silence

Even better ; The whole point of Bison upgrades was to provide more BVR Targetting options

The targetting of BVRAAM is done with the Weapon control FCR of the MMR, and achieving the capability to fire, from the other's aircraft MMR, fist a high speed Tactical DATA Link is needed, which is not present in MKI and MIG-21 bison

Check out whether its Mig-21 Bison or Mig -21 BIS

Russia, did their first test flight on October 6th, 1998. Trials of the medium-range Vympel R-73RDM2 and the Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Vympel R-77/RVV-AEE air-to-air missiles were conducted in February 1999. The formidable combination of the Phazatron Kopyo (Spear) light weight multi-mode radar with that of the Missiles proved a success, the subsonic target drone aircraft being destroyed by a R-77 fired from 6km away. In all the two prototypes were believed to have done nearly 200 test flights.

CO, Wg Cdr Dhir emphasized the ‘new’ features of the aircraft, including its ability to use BVR missiles like the R-77 and the usage of Standoff Weapons like the KAB 500, incidentally both of which were displayed on the Bison’s Weapon stations to the filming team (or for any media team) for the first time. The CO was all praise for the improved visibility of the new aircraft and the much simpler workload on the pilot due to the improved avionics.

Another significant upgrade to the aircraft is the new Helmet Mounted Sighting System, which enables the pilot to launch an Air to Air Missile at off bore angles, simply by turning his head towards the target.
Srinagar AFS operated by Squadron no 51

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._51_Squadron_IAF

Well, try me.. I need a technical advisor.. What's your rate??
Are you Indian? It ain't showing your flags.:unsure:
He must be in LOVE with you ; Love makes you Blind you see :-)

Sirji AAP na DRDO walon ko Heart Attack dilaoge

DRDO wale sab BHAAG jayenge aapki baat sun kar
Not a chance. He's married with children.

I know it well, I have been in Srinagar even, but could you asked your friend whether his statement is based on the lack of training on the bvr tactics, and practice and lack of Simulator. Because the Upgradation program's aim includes to provide BVR capability, and the OEM have certified the Koppu MMR and integration have been done.

I know it well, I have been in Srinagar even, but could you asked your friend whether his statement is based on the lack of training on the bvr tactics, and practice and lack of Simulator. Because the Upgradation program's aim includes to provide BVR capability, and the OEM have certified the Koppu MMR and integration have been done.
I will Confirm it Once again.I Cannot Share Full details on PDF you know why
As Engineer I Believe his version better than other Sources Basically Defense forum's

Pictures Like Below Confuse you even More
Rumored Picture of Mig-21 Bison with R-77
Bison18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom