What's new

Tata truck plant near Dhaka

Here you go.... Ingenious. Tata could hire some of those engineers for their plant i suppose. :rofl::rofl:

2009-06-15__letter2.jpg

Yeah, heard that the US Army also wants to buy them for troop transportation in Afghanistan.;)
:p:P:p:

Yeah, heard that the US Army also wants to buy them for troop transportation in Afghanistan.;)
:p:P:p:

But, you have to understand that the poor quality India-made vehicles as seen in the picture may be good for a poor India and Afghanistan. But, our people detastes these things and also anything made in India. It is all because of Indian people's mean-mindedness.

But, you have to understand that the poor quality India-made vehicles as seen in the picture may be good for a poor India and Afghanistan. But, our people detastes these things and also anything made in India. It is all because of Indian people's mean-mindedness.

firstly try to arrange money to purchase money 4 indian made trucks,then ask ur ppl to taste it .india made the cheapest car in the world.which was driven even into the leh ladakh successfully.u shud be thankful to tata that they invested 4 ur ppl.

firstly try to arrange money to purchase money 4 indian made trucks,then ask ur ppl to taste it .india made the cheapest car in the world.which was driven even into the leh ladakh successfully.u shud be thankful to tata that they invested 4 ur ppl.

At more than 6% growth per year, Gross National Income at more than US$111 billion and savings rate at about 29% (it may be more now) BD is a lucrative market no doubt. But, most of India-made machines are not up to standard, weighs too heavy, and the shock absorbers and springs are very bad.

So, BD people may not like TATA goods any more if only an alternative manufacturer builds its plant in BD. However, the way our economy is expanding, it wii soon be capable to absorb goods of another two or three manufacturers. Whatever may be the quality, TATA will certainly have its own market share here. All that gilletrs is not gold.

Also, I do not see any prospect of reducing our trade deficit with India. But, no one's objection will deter the two private companies from building a plant in Dhaka.

New Delhi, June 30: The Tatas are planning to join hands with its car distributor in Bangladesh — Nitol Motors — for a truck plant at Kishoregunj near Dhaka. The facility will manufacture 30,000-40,000 Ace pick-ups a year.

Matlub Ahmed, chairman of Nitol Niloy Group, that owns Nitol Motors, said, “What we are looking at is a core plant at Kishoregunj near Dhaka around which an ancillary industry will grow up.”

“Only those (motor) parts which are too complicated to be manufactured in Bangladesh at this point will be imported,” he said.

Analysts said such a manufacturing plant would cost about Rs 1,000 crore.

Ahmed told The Telegraph the company was looking to sell about 12,000 trucks in Bangladesh.

The rest will be exported to India, Myanmar and countries where engineering goods from Bangladesh have duty-free access such as Turkey and other European nations.

Nitol has a joint venture with the Tatas that assembles vehicles of the Indian company at Jessore.

The proposed Kishoregunj plant will be a large set-up with a supporting auto ancillary hub capable of exporting vehicles to India.

Ahmed, who is now in India, will be visiting Pune, where Tata Motors has a plant. Nitol Motors sells about 700-800 Ace trucks a month in Bangladesh.

The details of the joint venture are not yet clear. Sources indicated that the Tatas would possibly settle for a 50:50 joint venture with Nitol.

Ahmed said the Bangladesh government was keen on this project as it would be able to export trucks and spares to India, “Helping to reduce the trade deficit between the two neighbours”.

Nitol and Tata Motors are also studying the possibility of assembling Nanos in Bangladesh, but this “is not on the immediate radar”.

Earlier, Tata International had signed a deal with Nitol in April to make cycles for the global market.

Four years back, the Tata group had pulled out of a proposed Rs 10,000-crore venture in Bangladesh to set up a steel mill, a fertiliser factory and a power plant.

Since then the Tatas along with other corporate entities have shown interest in the small but fast growing market of Bangladesh.

Bangladesh, which grew at a 6.2 per cent rate last year, has a per capita income of $750 and exports goods worth $15.91 billion annually, mostly to the US, European Union and Japan.

India’s annual exports to Bangladesh are valued at $3.375 billion, while it imports goods worth a mere $358 million.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Business | Tata truck plant near Dhaka

Always welcome investment and trade. But lets see what is the real deal here. A lot of foreign investments came to Bangladesh for the garments tariff advantages.

india made the cheapest car in the world.which was driven even into the leh ladakh successfully.u shud be thankful to tata that they invested 4 ur ppl.

If you buy Tata Nano junk

2010_Tata_Nano_Award.jpg

You will end up killing yourself

If you buy Tata Nano junk

2010_Tata_Nano_Award.jpg

You will end up killing yourself

I think you try really hard but except this not find any thing ....how many time same pic you want to post ??????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Poor quality cabs drive owners into huge debt
Of 11,000 cabs only 3,000 in operation

Star Business Report

The importation of poor quality vehicles has left taxicab owners facing huge debts while travelers are being forced to endure high fares and a disastrous level of service.

Of the 11,000 cabs with permits, mainly in Dhaka, only 3,000 are currently in operation, according to the Bangladesh Association of Taxicab Operators (Batco).

The remaining vehicles are off the road due to a lack of adequate spare parts and fundamental weaknesses in a large number of the 7,000 Indian produced cabs that were imported to the country in 2003, the Batco said yesterday.

The failure to keep their vehicles on the road and the mounting cost of repairs has meant many taxicab owners are struggling to pay back the huge debts they incurred in importing the cabs. Their bad financial status also makes it very difficult to finance any new investment in the sector.

Batco President Abdul Mannan Chowdhury (Khoshru) said, "A section of car importers in collaboration with the then government in 2003 dumped low quality Indian cabs in the local market."

"These were cabs that the Indian government had banned from plying in their own country," he said.

He said the situation was made worse when the cabs were converted to run on CNG, because they were not strong enough to carry the CNG kits that include a heavy gas storage canister.

Added to this, the local market has been flooded with low quality spare parts making it increasingly difficult to keep the cabs in good service.

Hijacking and police seizure of vehicles were also serious problems, Khoshru said.

Engineer Habib Ahsan, managing director of Satarupa Taxicab, said, "I was an engineer with reputation of a good industrialist, when several bank lenders advised me to buy taxicabs. I bought 20 Indian cabs, financing the purchase on bank loans," he said.

"After working for about six months the cabs started to develop problems and I could no longer continue to make regular repayments on my loan

My good reputation has been ruined as the bank is now treating me as a thief due to my failure to pay back my loans on time," he added.

Taxicab operators also attacked what they described as poor policy guidelines in the sector, especially restrictions on the use of reconditioned cars as taxis.

At the Batco press conference held in the capital, operators demanded that banks write off parts of the original loans taken to finance the imported cabs, and that fresh loans be made available to operators.

:The Daily Star: Internet Edition

Poor quality cabs drive owners into huge debt
Of 11,000 cabs only 3,000 in operation

Star Business Report

The importation of poor quality vehicles has left taxicab owners facing huge debts while travelers are being forced to endure high fares and a disastrous level of service.

Of the 11,000 cabs with permits, mainly in Dhaka, only 3,000 are currently in operation, according to the Bangladesh Association of Taxicab Operators (Batco).

The remaining vehicles are off the road due to a lack of adequate spare parts and fundamental weaknesses in a large number of the 7,000 Indian produced cabs that were imported to the country in 2003, the Batco said yesterday.

The failure to keep their vehicles on the road and the mounting cost of repairs has meant many taxicab owners are struggling to pay back the huge debts they incurred in importing the cabs. Their bad financial status also makes it very difficult to finance any new investment in the sector.

Batco President Abdul Mannan Chowdhury (Khoshru) said, "A section of car importers in collaboration with the then government in 2003 dumped low quality Indian cabs in the local market."

"These were cabs that the Indian government had banned from plying in their own country," he said.

He said the situation was made worse when the cabs were converted to run on CNG, because they were not strong enough to carry the CNG kits that include a heavy gas storage canister.

Added to this, the local market has been flooded with low quality spare parts making it increasingly difficult to keep the cabs in good service.

Hijacking and police seizure of vehicles were also serious problems, Khoshru said.

Engineer Habib Ahsan, managing director of Satarupa Taxicab, said, "I was an engineer with reputation of a good industrialist, when several bank lenders advised me to buy taxicabs. I bought 20 Indian cabs, financing the purchase on bank loans," he said.

"After working for about six months the cabs started to develop problems and I could no longer continue to make regular repayments on my loan.

My good reputation has been ruined as the bank is now treating me as a thief due to my failure to pay back my loans on time," he added.

Taxicab operators also attacked what they described as poor policy guidelines in the sector, especially restrictions on the use of reconditioned cars as taxis.

At the Batco press conference held in the capital, operators demanded that banks write off parts of the original loans taken to finance the imported cabs, and that fresh loans be made available to operators.

:The Daily Star: Internet Edition

Read bolder part in your artical ........... you will find-out answer
If these are banned in India they by BD gov allow them in your country .....

Dude in 2003 which gov in power in your country ??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ohh my God .... Bangladesh Nationalist Party but i think they are not Indian stooges .... or they are also
Now what ????

maay be thats the reason u people like to wash the clothes of poor indians and rinse the dishes,clean the homes,wasshing cars,,,these r ll high profile professions in bangladesh while poor indians can only do MBBS,engineering,professionals at IT,MBA ,CA etc,i have full sympathy for indians

Yes thts the reason you and your county man always ready to cross border to come in India to work as servant in poor Indian home ?????:cheesy:

maay be thats the reason u people like to wash the clothes of poor indians and rinse the dishes,clean the homes,wasshing cars,,,these r ll high profile professions in bangladesh while poor indians can only do MBBS,engineering,professionals at IT,MBA ,CA etc,i have full sympathy for indians

poor_indian1.jpg

Seems like bunch of Indian IT,MBA,CA in this picture..
In which institute did they graduate from? I need some in my company too.. Ask them to send the resume to bullshiit@indiacrappy.com

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom