What's new

Tata Takes On Corus $10billion Deal

• Tata Tea acquires 30 per cent in US' Glaceau (Energy Brands) in August 2006 for $677 million.
  • Tata Tea buys 33 per cent in South African tea company Joekels through its subsidiary Tetley Group
  • Tata Tea acquires US-based Eight'O clock coffee company for $220 million in June 2006.
  • Tata Chemicals picks 63.5 per cent in UK's Brunner Mond Group for Rs 508 crore in December 2005.
  • Tata Steel acquires Millennium Steel of Thailand in December 2005 for $404 million.
  • TCS buys out Chilean BPO firm Comicorn for $23 million in November 2005.
  • TCS acquires Sydney-based FNS in October 2005.
  • Tata Technologies purchases INCAT International, UK in October 2005 for $91 million.
  • Tata Tea acquires Good Earth Corp in October 2005 for around $32 million.
  • Tata Auto Comp (TACO) takes over German auto components maker Wundsch Weidinger.
  • Tata Steel buys Singapore's NatSteel in August 2004 for over Rs 1,300 crore.

i would say this is one of the biggest blunders indians have ever made thus far ( assuming they close the deal and take corus ) in their international forays.

Not long ago Corus was valued at around 180 million pounds ( same thing now being sold for £4.5 billion pounds )...and was running loss of 500 million pounds annual....before its fortunes were turned by factors outside its control. That is the rapid development of china...sucked in excess iron from the world markets....increasing price of steal many times.......corus further improved its situation by shutting plants and cutting jobs ( by raising funds from sale of aluminum plant --now the indians wouldnot be getting aluminium plant ).

But china has turned net exporter of steal last year.....hence the prospects for iron prices doesnot look good and bad days for corus are only round the corner.

What is TATA doing? TATA is loaning 2-3 billion pounds to buy Corus.....which simply means the indians would be paying good money ( in interest payments ) back to the westerners who loaned them the money to buy corus...and they donot even have to worry about the headache of corus slipping back into loss-making....as is expected.

of the 4.5 billion price of corus.....2 billion is added purely due to market speculation in the last 6 months itself ( when the russian rumors were abound..these rumours added about 1.5 billion dollars as bid was expected..which never came....then the indian rumour started which made the share price jump further adding another 500 million pounds or so....before the indians actually came out with a price)......from this one doesnot have difficulty in concluding that corus is being sold...way over its worth. From the British and Holand shareholder's point of view this is truely win win situation...they should take the money and run!.

We are all being scammed.

i have from indian sources that there are various companies of TATA which are are by trust and not under tata name...i cannot believe my source he confirmed that if all those companies are combined together under the tata flagship brand the figured will be whopping...it will be bigger than many other fortune 50 company in the world...but i am not sure yet about the correctness of the source news

its only because of this a 56 th steel producing company can take over CORUS giant...if u say to somebody in europe that an indian company has taken over the CORUS....it means big buisenss guys

TATA as conglamorate may fit into Fortune 50. Revenue $72 Billion (source: Wiki)

Back
Top Bottom