What's new

Tata Nano... Whats thew news in Pakistan about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the POINT....Lets hope that Ratan Tata quickly sells a few pieces to at least get his investment safe before the Japs bring in something similar but more reliable and relatively cheaper!! However, I do not see any future of NANO outside of India just as PROTON remains inside Malaysia!

And try scrolling up this thread to see what Adam Motors did in Pakistan! Indian car industry has been hostage to the ''Ambassador'' mentality for very long and that is the reason that Indian made cars are just popular in India and nowhere else in the world!

I don't think you know the fact that Tata was never looking for a monopoly in this space. He has welcomed the entry of others and is willing to license the production to other manufacturers so that the choice for the consumers increases.

I salute the guy for making untiring efforts in such a venture and the kind of risks that he took to make his dream of an affordable car for an average Indian come true.

If the Japs also follow him, its good. More the merrier.

And yes, India has a long way to go before building cars that can hold their own against the best in the world (the Indian automakers that is, the Japanese and Koreans are exporting cars in large numbers form India all over the world).

I don't think you know the fact that Tata was never looking for a monopoly in this space. He has welcomed the entry of others and is willing to license the production to other manufacturers so that the choice for the consumers increases.

I salute the guy for making untiring efforts in such a venture and the kind of risks that he took to make his dream of an affordable car for an average Indian come true.

If the Japs also follow him, its good. More the merrier.

And yes, India has a long way to go before building cars that can hold their own against the best in the world (the Indian automakers that is, the Japanese and Koreans are exporting cars in large numbers form India all over the world).
He is truly a remarkable person like A.K he fills every Indian with pride hats off to him

Where is the NANO factory being set-up in India?

Plant(s) and proposed manufacturing facilities

Nano will be produced at the Mother Plant in Sanand, Gujarat and the Satellite plant at Pantnagar where assemply lines of Ace Truck have been modified to produce Nanos[112].

Singur was envisioned as the mother plant supplying to various satellite plants in various regions all over India but now that Tata has made a soft exit from West Bengal it is believed that they will have a mother plant in state which will provide maximum incentives and also has least potential for controversy in land acquisition.[citation needed] Availability of cheap labour will also play a major role in this decision.[citation needed] At the same time the PantNagar plant is manufacturing Tata Nanos in small batches of 25-50 and it is expected that this number will be increased to 500 per day[113]. After meeting West Bengal chief minister Buddhadev Bhattacharya Ratan Tata announced Tata Motors decision to pull out from Singur due the lack of security of their employees in the region[citation needed].

After pullout from Singur Tata Motors decided to setup mother plant in the state of Gujarat due to proximity to major ports like Mundra and cities like Rajkot where 30% of Nano's components are manufactured and the the proposed plant site is fully owned by the Government therefore there will be no issue in land transfer. Gujarat state is also known for Gujarati's positive attitude towards businesses.

It is not yet known when the first batch will be produced at the Sanand plant, meanwhile Tata Motors is producing Nano at its plant in Pant Nagar and Pune to meet its deadline for the launch.

Tata Nano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Singur-Classic example of politics in India.
And the worst part is no one is going to get their land back.

The 'Nano' project was nothing about indigenous effort ****.
It is a low-cost technology demonstrator aimed at bringing down prices of cars for common man. I am sure this is going to improve standard of living indices all over the world.
The global recession is going to help its sales. The delay taking away its advantage.

According to one report, India as well as other nations, such as European nations[36], have great expectations from the Nano and are keenly and eagerly awaiting it, especially the electric version of the Nano[37], which is expected to be released in 2008[26], making it in all probability the "world's cheapest electric car" officially on record[38][39]. The car itself is expected to boost the Indian Economy as well as expand the Indian car market by 65%, according to rating agency CRISIL.

Tata Nano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you serious!!!!!!!

How many Pakistanis can afford the cars you mention here? What is the per capita income of Pakistan? Can even 0.1 % of Pakistanis afford the cars you mention here?

At least think for a while before writing such stuff.

BMW's, Mercs and Range Rovers are quite common in the elite areas of Pakistan. If it weren't so than there wouldn't have been any offices/showrooms of such cars here.

Contrary to that all there companies have official showrooms in Karachi.

Apart from that, we have limited expensive imported cars too. Such as Ferrari Rolls Royce etc.

and our vinod sir forget in hypocrisy that Pakistan have assembling plant of BMW hereworking from 2006.

BMW to be assembled in Pakistan after 2006

By Arshad Hussain

KARACHI: Dewan Motors (Pvt) Ltd (DMPL), which began importing various models of BMW cars from Munich, Germany earlier this month and will formally launch in a few days time plans to begin local assembly of BMWs after 2006, a company source has said.

“At present we are importing all the models of BMW cars and are also providing all servicing facilities, including spare parts,” the source said. The launching will take place simultaneously in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

He said that although the cars have not been officially launched yet, a demand for them has been seen in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.

“We are taking orders for all the latest models from the customers, and a number of vehicles have already been booked,” said the official. However, he refused to give the exact number of the vehicles booked so far.

He also said that the company is hiring well-experienced staff to look after the BMW vehicles in Pakistan, but refused to give the exact investment figure. An advertisement in the weekend newspapers from the group called for applications for ten positions.

Earlier, Redco group imported BMW cars till 1999, but after that there was no legal importer of BMW in the country.

The Dewan group entered the automobile area in December 1998. “Based on the experienced gained by managing assembling, marketing, selling and after-sales support of automobiles operations, the management of Dewan group set out to capture the luxurious BMW car segments, said the source.

According to unofficial figures, at present 600 to 700 BMW vehicles are plying on the country’s roads, as the vehicle is one of the expensive cars in the world.

“The main objective of the Dewan group is to bring all the latest models of BMW including 5-series, 7-series and others,” said the company official. “The group is also importing whole diagnostic equipments and software to diagnose the on-board problems on computers in the vehicles and other servicing facilities including fixing and others.”

Dewan Motors will open two showrooms for BMW in Karachi and Lahore, while it already has a showroom in Islamabad, the source said. He added that no dealer of any showroom would be involved in the selling of these vehicles in the country, as the country has decided to market the vehicles itself.

According to him, the prices of the different BMW models would range between Rs 4 million and Rs 15 million. “Of course the Pakistani people have the purchasing power to buy such luxury cars, and there is a demand of such vehicles here,” he said.

He said the company’s main focus is on the BMW models, adding that according to the survey done by the company, the demand of MINI is very low. “Some 20 to 30 year old MINI vehicles are plying on the roads of the country, but the people are not interested in importing new models of this vehicle,” he said. However, he added that the company would still import the latest models of MINI to market them here.

According to BMW, electrical and electronic systems are the key driving force behind some 90 percent of all the BMW groups’ innovations, and these technologies represent something of a “digital revolution” within the automotive industry and vehicle development.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

true is if you see with hate its mean you blind

Last edited:
Hey All,
When I came to know about TATA Nano and intention of making it, i.e just super The Peoples Car since then I fee very much respect towards Ratan Tata because He has dream that to make car for which will be in reach common people of India. He has archived it by just handful profit of Indian Rs of 4000 per car, I dot think so any Auto-company in the world can even think about it.
Most Imp Tata nano has become bench mark India corporate that they can achieve any think by R&D, previous to Nano India is lacing in approach towards research and development

One thing that i dont like is that they build cars for poor people, but the quality is no way near what it should be,
And what do you mean by that? Care to elaborate what safety regulations the Tata Nano fails to comply with

Though it is quite expected coming from a person belonging to a country with a long history of autombile un-development. You are very much expected to issue such statements of ignorance and self-debasement

What Pakistan is unable to achieve in 60 years of its independance, is often a matter of a final year projects of Indian Engineering students

IIT engineers all set to race their Formula 1

Delhi students' car to race on British GP track

Punjab students make all-terrain vehicle

Racing on life's highway: Students build race car from scratch

Let us look at Pakistan's tryst with the development of a 1 lakh car - the proud Sitara

185cde9ff8531ede02ccc40f7ca67943.jpg

d00d:rofl::rofl:. did the manufacturer run out of money after trying to put together the joke of a chasis - Sitara sounding very much like the Grand Vitara :rofl:
Infact the sitara is indeed very popular in India. we call it a Golf Cart

Compare that with India's 1 lakh car

971e1f72bc7811ba6ca90efd32d51589.jpg

In case you are wondering who this gentleman is - his name is Mr. Ratan Tata, the very same person whose hotel you tried to destroy on 26/11 2008

But his name should not be very unknown to you. Afterall it is in Pakistan itself where this Indian builds his trucks for Pakistan

As for exporting of Indian cars and SUVs are concerned [not counting Tata-Daewoo and Land Rover Jaguar venture or for that matter 2 wheeler exports]

Mahindra Scorpio SUV, Pik-Up range launched in Brazil

Scorpio set to burn rubber on US highways

Tata Indica a hit in South Africa

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mahindra200581qh8.jpghttp://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tataindicafob3.jpg

At all those Pakistanis who gloat over that fact that Beemers and Mercs have opened their showrooms in Pakistan would be highly disspointed to know that their beloved beauties are partly manufactured and wholly assembled in India and shipped over to Pakistan

Mercedez Benz India

As for your Land Rovers and Range Rovers that millions of Pakistanis drive around in, the company is also owned by an Indian - the very India who also owned the hotel mentioned above
As for your beloved KIA Motors, it too will be shipped to Pakistan from India
Kia Motors starts plant location hunt

@Imran Khan
you continued lack of awareness about Pakistan is a great source of hilarity for me. how ignorant can you be?!!

It gives me great pleasure to announce to you that

BMW has not set up any assembly plant in Pakistan

India took away your BMW plant

The Beemers that you so proudly move around in are assembled in India and shipped to Pakistan

BMW unveils India assembly plant

As for somebody saying, we are still living in the age of Ambassadors, well it only reflects the time warp Pakistanis are living in

Admission: India has a long way to go before achieving recognition as an Automobile Industry leader

but it is making rapid progress in that direction and India has all the factors needed to be a leader in the field of Automobile Industry

But I agree with Pakistanis who don't want the Nano to be launched in Pakistan
Because the Nano runs on Petrol

Very consdierate of Pakistanis to forewarn Indians about the perils of conducting business in Pakistan

P.S: Out of curiosity I Googled pakistan students car

Last edited:
Any manufacturer that's named "Tatta" wouldn't exactly be welcomed in Pakistan.

:whistle:

:tup:Response on expected lines :tup: - can't expect anything better

But Tata Daewoo has alredy entered Pakistan welcoming notwithstanding

Plant commissioned in Pakistan to assemble Tata Daewoo trucks

So much for your not welcoming :whistle:

C'mon! Take a sarcastic pill and relax! It's a funny name for a Manufacturing company! Gives me the right to make fun of it REGARDLESS of it's operational activities. But being a citizen of Pakistan, i can ASSURE you, they would be made fun of for a VERY long time :D

But being a citizen of Pakistan, i can ASSURE you, they would be made fun of for a VERY long time :D
People who take offence to such petty things dont go on to head Conglomerates who generated a revenue of $62.5 billion USD in 2007

As for me, I have a ball reading the posts of the likes of Imran Khans where he tries to claim the superiority of Pakistan's Enginerring industry over India's :D

Very de-stressing:enjoy:

Very disappointing to see such rubbish from you Vinod.

Driving through Lahore, the Mercs, land cruisers and other large SUV's, even with the exorbitant taxes on top of list price (a few hundred percent I believe), are a fairly common sight.

Not to forget the Porsche's and tons of other SPORT cars. And since i was a biker myself in Lahore, Superbikes from Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and Kawaski are a normal sight now. And i'm talking about the 600, 750, 1000 and 1300 C.C categories.

Slugger:

How is BMW India and Mercedes India exporting cars to pakistan when their installed capacity barely covers their sales in India?

AFAIK, the Pakistani BMW's are manufactured in South Africa.

Also Gulfnews: BMW Group Middle East sold record number of cars last year

On the subject of the Habib Sitara, it seems to have been designed as a 'city cart' style vehicle, and I do not believe a comparison between the two was made here.

Habib Maritime, a subsidiary of the Habib Group of Pakistan, will soon unveil its 'Sitara,' a Rs 1.26 lakh (about 100,000 Indian rupees) four-seater, 170 cc car that can attain a top speed of 60 km per hour.

Sitara is likely to be introduced into the Pakistan auto market by Habib Maritime within the next two to three months, according to Asif Rasheed, mechanical engineer at Habib Maritime and a member of the team which designed the car, said the Daily Times report.

"It will be a replacement of motorbikes with a higher level of safety," Rasheed was quoted by Daily Times as saying. He said the car would be launched simultaneously in all major cities across Pakistan.

The Sitara has no roof or doors and looks like a golf cart-jeep hybrid. But looks apart, the low cost of the car is likely to make most two-wheeler drivers graduate to a four-wheeler and might spark off a boom in Pakistan's auto market.

A source at the ministry of science and technology confirmed that the Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority has approved standard specifications for four-wheelers that will be known as City Carts. The authority has given permission for the engine size to range from 170cc to 300 cc so the manufacturers may introduce further designs with bigger engines in time to come, said Daily Times.

He said the company was still working on how the car would be marketed and advertised and did not say when it was to be introduced, reported the Daily Times.

Giving details of the car, Daily Times said Sitara is to include parts almost entirely designed and manufactured locally. The engine is being manufactured in Lahore. The car, which, once fitted with equipment will not exceed 400 kilograms in weight, will have a load-bearing capacity of 250 kilograms. The capacity of the fuel tank will be 10 liters and consumption will be 18 kilometers per liter. The maximum speed allowed will be 60 km/hour.

The ministry of science and technology has approved the design with standard requirements in vehicle designing for road safety.

Daily Times said that the project was initiated and financed by a businessman of a prominent local group who floated the idea of a light-weight four-seater with a motorbike engine after observing an accident of a family on a motorbike.

Last edited:
Slugger:

How is BMW India and Mercedes India exporting cars to pakistan
A look at their press conferences during plant inaugaration would have answered the question.

Their decision to set up a plant in India was to tap into the promising potential of market of the Indian-subcontitnent

when their installed capacity barely covers their sales in India?

AFAIK, the Pakistani BMW's are manufactured in South Africa.
It is very possible that shipment of the cars form India into Pakistan has been halted and re-routed through a different country. Considering that their potential is being realised in India itself

On the subject of the Habib Sitara, it seems to have been designed as a 'city cart' style vehicle,
What on Earth is a "City Cart" that seats 4

* Families moving around in this Car"t" need not take a bath during the rainy season

* Works very well as a mobile Sun Tan vehicle

* Vehicle gives a tremendous boost to Pakistan's woolen Garment industry

The fact of the matter is that Pakistani Engineers did not posses the competency to develop a vehicle whose assemblies and sub-assemblies could be miniaturised to be accomodated with the constraints of the space provided

Nor were they proficient enough to make use of FEA and CAD-CAM methods to design a car [the implementation of FEA methods resulted in the Nano needing just 1/4th the crash testing to come up with an optimised design] - a massive cost saver

Nor is the knowledge of advanced, light weight, high strength polymer materials that has been used in the Nano as prevalant in your country

The classification of the Sitara as a "City Cart" is simply an effort to put up a brave face

and I do not believe a comparison between the two was made here.
Oh yeah, the comparision was indeed made here. When the post had been started to inquire about the presence of an Indian made, Indian designed car in your country, your countrymen threw pictures of Adam Motors assembled cars and proclaiming superiorty

Pity, the company that Pakistan is so proud of is History
Pakistan pioneer passenger car bites the dust

Since I am still under of the hangover of gloat, yet another Indian company mfg vehicles

We still have a long long way to go, but we are surely reaching that destination in a manner our Western neighbors can only dream of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom