What's new

Tank Designs

I would say in most cases this upgraded M-60 would be just as good as a M1A2 Abrams that costs 3 times more.

M-60 is based on M-48 Patton and represents 1950’s technology. No matter how much you upgrade a 65 year old tank design, it cannot compete with the 30 years later designed tanks such as M1-Abrams because there is a limit beyond which up-gradation does not work and neither remains cost effective.

In my humble opinion, an upgraded M-60 would be in the class of Al-Zarar, good for secondry roles & infantry support but sadly no match for state of the art M1A2 SEP

The Raytheon SLEP, its doesn't seem to compare favourably with e.g Sabra.

M-60 is based on M-48 Patton and represents 1950’s technology. No matter how much you upgrade a 65 year old tank design, it cannot compete with the 30 years later designed tanks such as M1-Abrams because there is a limit beyond which up-gradation does not work and neither remains cost effective.

In my humble opinion, an upgraded M-60 would be in the class of Al-Zarar, good for secondry roles & infantry support but sadly no match for state of the art M1A2 SEP

I mean for use against terrorists rats that have no tanks and limited anti-tank weapons. the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan you don't need a M1 Abram to do this job. It's not what it was designed for!! it was designed to kill lots lots soviet T-55,T-62,T-64,-T-72, and T-80s.

M-60 is a lot easier to maintain and cheaper to operate than the M1A2. wouldn't you agree?

this would be a perfect tank/upgrade for poorer countries that can't afford a $6 million+ modern tank

The Raytheon SLEP, its doesn't seem to compare favourably with e.g Sabra.

it's probably a lot cheaper than Sabra though. no doubt Sabra wins in protection compared to just the SLAT armor on the M-60 SLEP :cheesy:

9b92af0771e9b44d0ad1937d3d417cb2.jpg

Last edited:
Assembly of British «Churchill» tank,Vauxhall Motors factory in Luton;1942.
0_183c8c_40f7e215_XL.jpg

0_183c8d_71c1f02d_XL.jpg

0_183c8e_72108a5_XL.jpg

0_183c8f_563de3f5_XL.jpg

0_183c90_f8c83d96_XL.bmp

I mean for use against terrorists rats that have no tanks and limited anti-tank weapons. the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan you don't need a M1 Abram to do this job. It's not what it was designed for!! it was designed to kill lots lots soviet T-55,T-62,T-64,-T-72, and T-80s.

M-60 is a lot easier to maintain and cheaper to operate than the M1A2. wouldn't you agree?

this would be a perfect tank/upgrade for poorer countries that can't afford a $6 million+ modern tank

it's probably a lot cheaper than Sabra though. no doubt Sabra wins in protection compared to just the SLAT armor on the M-60 SLEP :cheesy:

9b92af0771e9b44d0ad1937d3d417cb2.jpg

Just an upgrade ..

AZ Upgrade;

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

125mm smoothbore (developed for AK).. Thetis system,new imagery systems,ERA,NERA,NBC,Laser detection & jamming system,fire & explosion suppression system,Add on armour,RCWS,etc etc...
Weight : 43 tons.
17.1hp/ton
Etc

Merkava Mk.IV's turret is gigantic.I knew it was huge but that is really very very big.

Are there any future plans for implementation of the L55 gun on the Merkava or is the IDF Armoured Corps happy with the L44?

There are plans to change the cannon completely to the 140mm made by Swiss Ordinance Enterprise and IMI, with APFSDS rounds that manage to penetrate 1 meter of RHA and have a muzzle velocity of 1800m/s.

Back
Top Bottom