What's new

Talks on with Russia for second nuclear submarine on lease

As reported, the first 3 or even 4 won't have AIP, while it is an option for the latter and for the once in P75I. I hope we got something useful, otherwise we made a very bad choice in the first competition, but the French are known to provide the most ToT, although that has it's costs.

From what I read only the last 2 among the six scorpenes are going to get AIP.Both DRDO and DCNS have offered AIP. DCNS have a proven design while DRDO one is in developement .

In report it was quoted that if the DRDO AIP developement is completed by the time work on last 2 subs starts , then AIP will be integrated.But if DRDO doesnot succeed then whether the DCNS AIP will be selected or not remains unanswered.

there are more than what meets our eye.I think India will use it just like it is using Arihant.They will be used for patrolling as well as in War."Not using war" is just the BS it needs to shut some voice in the International arena.tell me,how you'll know from which Submarine,torpedo was fired(though I know subs can be identified by their Acoustic signature...but still,if torpedo is fired,they will be dead by then.

If it was not meant to be used in war then why would the sub be delivered with 32 Torpedoes and 24 Klub N Cruise missiles with a range of 300 Km
Dats more firepower than the 3 Talwar class Frigates we acquired from russia

Both DRDO and DCNS have offered AIP. DCNS have a proven design while DRDO one is in developement

DRDO has not offered AIP for Scorpenes but for a possible future indigenous SSK, the usual overestimations and PR talk of them. My guess is, that IN will combine the addition of AIP for the last P75s with the new procurment of AIP Scorpense under P75I to reduce the costs and possibly add some other advantages too, like naval Scalp, or ToT.

No I mean indigenous SSNs

and I don't think GOI will lease more than 2 Akulas

India has planned for 9 SSNs (indigenous) till now. 2 Arihant class and next two follow on Arihant class(almost double in capability some even say size wise) SSBN. 2 Akulas are well known in defense circle. In the end India will convert its Arihant class subs into SSGN which can fire long range cruise missiles leaving only two SSBN in its kitty but they will be able to fire more than dozens of bigger SLBMs in one go each.

nearly $1bn for 10 years lease, that´s lot of $$$.
for the money you can get 3 diesel subs.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom