What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia says, will not take any step detrimental to India's security | Business Standard News

The above statement actually implies the other way around..

We need to note that the news doing rounds does not quote anonymous sources but rather Russian Deputy Foreign Minister (FM) Sergei Ryabkov.

Now this clarification from the Russian Embassy in India implies the following

1) Russia has taken note and is aware of news doing rounds on the SU-35 sale to Pakistan

2) Russia would not explicitly deny that the news is false

3) Russia does not explicitly confirm that it would not sell SU-35 to Pakistan

4) Releases a vague statement which could be interpreted per their convenience at a later date

The reason for the statement is to wait for what India would offer to Russia for them to confirm that the news is false. Now the ball is India's court. Hence, we see the news in the last day that India would be upgrading SU30MKI, procuring PAK-FA, finalize contract on FGFA and may buy few squadrons of SU-35...

It is to be seen what amount of Business from India would satisfy Russia to issue a confirmation that there would not be any sale of SU-35 to Pakistan.

Okay, so how about this
China can reverse engineer flankers for themselves, that is what we know. However, they cannot re-export it, since Russia is already mad at them for reverse engineering. If Pakistan wants a heavy, flanker class aircraft, it would have to come from Russia directly, otherwise we might upset the Russians if we buy J-15/j-16 from China. The last this we want is Russians stopping the supply and support for RD93 engines.

Usually when Pakistan buys big equipment from China, it is either paid in full or via Ex-Imp banks of China at really low interest rates. But since Gwader and CPEC is an important strategy for China, we need something heavy to safeguard it. Meaning, China might be willing to finance the Su35 purchase. That way, Russia gets the export orders, China gets to make sure that Pakistan is equipped to provide security and support in the Arabia Sea/Persian Gulf and Pakistan gets to have it's maritime boundaries secured at a nominal but justifiable cost.

Since this news was un-expected, PAF might shoot down any rumors or discussions ( i am sure they are already pissed at the news leak). Su35 will be the ultimate game changer. It will literally put India's Naval plan in Arabian Sea in a limbo....and think of this...Su35s operating out of Gwader will have Iran's Chahbhar under their wings...and Su35s operating out of Karachi will put Mumbai at un-ease. What more can you ask for?

Which makes it even more interesting.....
Super post !

We need to note that the news doing rounds does not quote anonymous sources but rather Russian Deputy Foreign Minister (FM) Sergei Ryabkov.

1) Russia has taken note and is aware of news doing rounds on the SU-35 sale to Pakistan

4) Releases a vague statement which could be interpreted per their convenience at a later date

The reason for the statement is to wait for what India would offer to Russia for them to confirm that the news is false. Now the ball is India's court. Hence, we see the news in the last day that India would be upgrading SU30MKI, procuring PAK-FA, finalize contract on FGFA and may buy few squadrons of SU-35...

It is to be seen what amount of Business from India would satisfy Russia to issue a confirmation that there would not be any sale of SU-35 to Pakistan.
All you mean is that Russia has put INDIA in a preasure cooker ?lolzz

Putin wrapped up a 100 billion in deals when he was here last, and the joint statement read there would be more military co-operation. He also bought Sergey Aksyonov, Prime Minister of Crimea along with him.

Wait for Modi's upcoming December visit to Moscow, there should be some more big announcements regarding military procurement and a bit more clarity regarding Russian military sales to Pakistan.

I'm still calling bs on this whole flanker thing for now.

Aren't you overreacting a bit?? Are you saying that diplomatic world is hostage to such bs news/statements?? Such statements are for public consumption's. I can still understand why China would want Su35 to be given to Pakistan however i can't fathom a single reason of what would Russia get from it?? Let me ask you a few questions...

How many such planes can PAF consume?? Do your maths then and thereafter please tell me why on this earth would Russia do anything which will jeopardize its relations with India and have the punch to push us in western camp for good?? What is Russia getting from all this??

Putin wrapped up a 100 billion in deals when he was here last, and the joint statement read there would be more military co-operation. He also bought Sergey Aksyonov, Prime Minister of Crimea along with him.

Wait for Modi's upcoming December visit to Moscow, there should be some more big announcements regarding military procurement and a bit more clarity regarding Russian military sales to Pakistan.

I'm still calling bs on this whole flanker thing for now.

Hope is a key element which always keep things moving..

Aren't you overreacting a bit?? Are you saying that diplomatic world is hostage to such bs news/statements?? Such statements are for public consumption's. I can still understand why China would want Su35 to be given to Pakistan however i can't fathom a single reason of what would Russia get from it?? Let me ask you a few questions...

How many such planes can PAF consume?? Do your maths then and thereafter please tell me why on this earth would Russia do anything which will jeopardize its relations with India and have the punch to push us in western camp for good?? What is Russia getting from all this??

I never stated that Russia is dumping India.

Outside a handful of ex-soviet nations, India is probably the most trusted partner for Russia. Unfortunately for Russia, India is not as strong as China economically forcing it to have tactical relationship with China to counter the west.

There was a time couple of years ago when Russia was still deliberating if the Siberian pipe line should reach China or Japan. It was Japan's decision (under western pressure) which forced Russia towards china and to close the 30 year energy deal.

What Russia is doing is analogous to a man flirting with two girl friends in front his wife to test and reconfirm the relationship and at the same time validating current tolerance limits of the wife....

This may turnout to be a blessing in disguise for the Indian military as many pending procurements may now be pushed with greater vigor and urgency.

Came across this tweet of may be a PAF pilot can any knowledgeable member confirm authenticity of it?

wp_ss_20150914_0001.png

I never stated that Russia is dumping India.

Outside a handful of ex-soviet nations, India is probably the most trusted partner for Russia. Unfortunately for Russia, India is not as strong as China economically forcing it to have tactical relationship with China to counter the west.

There was a time couple of years ago when Russia was still deliberating if the Siberian pipe line should reach China or Japan. It was Japan's decision (under western pressure) which forced Russia towards china and to close the 30 year energy deal.

What Russia is doing is analogous to a man flirting with two girl friends in front his wife to test and reconfirm the relationship and at the same time validating current tolerance limits of the wife....

This may turnout to be a blessing in disguise for the Indian military as many pending procurements may now be pushed with greater vigor and urgency.

If they seal su35 deal then it is nothing but equivalent of dumping India...I guess both of us are saying that this may be more of pressure tactics than anything else...regarding China i beg to differ. They have always given them all the weapons that China wanted irrespective of what New Delhi thinks....Pakistan being a small market is bulldozed easily by India....China is a different ball game...

Do you even knew why Former Russia (USSR) split into pieces? isn't it the same port GAWADER Port. So what India can offer Russia when they are getting the access to same port with no war ?
btw can you tell me the list of new procurement from Russia (in last five years) none other then these transport helicopters?
the deals that you Indians are whining about are all more then 5 years OLD, isn't it?

Tell him to tweet the name of official ?:omghaha:
Or I let it open for you ?ramoo tea boy ?:omghaha:

that depend on who is the aggressor , what are they using ,
Pakistan Cant Afford Any Current Western Jets In Big Numbers , Cant Keep Hopes On Turkish bird as it will take minimum of 10 to 15 years , Going For Su 35 Will Be The Biggest Thing Pak Can do to piss off america but They can try to give some goodies which can stop pak from jumping on the other side ,
Possible is way is Make Thunder a capable Bird with Aesa and other EW , some changes in airframe and its material so it can hold its end against modern capable Birds , Add Few Squads of Viper and Valla It PAF can be a real decent potent force which will give Paf capability to go deep in enemy area on whole new level , j 31 Can be customised to our Need As same is being done With Thunder platform , We wont See thunder block 10 or 15 to The Natural process is Pakistan after Filling the Gap Will look at a new platform in to invest further for future
We have enough of American goodies (F-16 abcd efgh ink)
& Americans can't offer us more then that ,even if they wanted to ?
So.its SU -35 time now ,& hell we want to see ,what america does ,when it gets pi$$ed off ?

pakistan is not getting any sukhois, keep posting smileys, even I can

:chilli::azn::bounce::victory::lol::dance3:

images

This is your MMRCA which your RAMU JEE will get for you ?lol
It shows how much pain is in your stomach & that's enough for me ?
No more smilieys but fact remains there , Russian FM don't live in India ?lol

Last edited:

Did you jump like this when Pakistan tested their first cruise missile? Or did you jump like this when the first JFT rolled out? Or did you jump like this when you saw the first image of the JFT with BVRs? or did you jump like this when you heard they are building air-launched and sub-launched cruise missiles, etc, etc?

This is the standard Indian response, which is silly. You are jumping up and down with joy on a tweet. I can write a tweet that I confirm that there are talks between the US and Pakistan for the -35....do I have to prove it to anyone? Hell no, its my tweet and I can do free speech (even though its bullshiiit like this one here). You give more credit to a stupid journalist than the Russian defense minister? :yahoo: :omghaha: :dance3::angel: :tdown: (enough said through images)!

• F-16 is the LAST American fighter PAF has bought.
  • The journo called some PAF source, he told him what he wanted him to hear.

You'll see -35 in PAF too. Just wait a decade :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom