What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
With due respect your concern about RCS is not valid anymore, no?? With AWACs on both sides do you think low RCS by few notches will be a game changer?
Agree with you....you can't say its a game changer but it does give an edge....if you ignore the RCS part the radar will definitely play a role in the selection of an aircraft.....how do you compare the BARS PESA radar on board the Su-35 with an AESA radar that has 1200 modules?????

Pakistan and Russia are in talks about the delivery of Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets and previously agreed upon delivery of Mi-35M helicopters, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister (FM) Sergei Ryabkov said,Sputnik reported.

Earlier this year, a draft contract for the delivery of four Mi-35M 'Hind E' combat helicopters was sent to Pakistan from Russia, a source in the Russian military and technical cooperation was quoted by the Russian news agency TASS.

Increasing military cooperation between Islamabad and Moscow would not negatively impact Russia's ties with India, Ryabkov said, adding that Pak-Russia ties were improving in other sectors as well ─ including energy.

The Russian Deputy FM Ryabkov referred to Pakistan as Russia's closest partner and said, "I do not think that the contacts under discussion will cause jealousy on the part of any of the two sides."

The twin-engine Su-35 is a fourth generation multi-role combat aircraft which also incorporates technology from fifth generation jets, according to details available on the Sukhoi company's website. It is also said to be more agile as compared to previous models.

Pakistan and Russia had signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement aimed at strengthening military-to-military relations in November last year. The deal had to be followed by another ‘technical cooperation agreement’ to pave the way for sale of defence equipment to Pakistan.

Pak-Russia talks on delivery of Su-35, Mi-35s underway: Russian Deputy FM - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
@GURU DUTT @Abingdonboy
we all know that very well but whats the point you intend to make and tagged me :azn: lets be short/brief & precise :coffee:

India cannot ditch Russia, even if it sells us SU35, you can't just go out, take your shopping cart & buy 100-200 Rafales or F35, the next day lol you got a HUGE inventory of Russian equipment! You need Russia, no matter what happens between Pakistan & Russia lol all you can do is whine, just the way some Indian members are doing here right now, oh, & when you're in bed with the US, your Govt can hardly complain much with the Russians. Its all about business. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic...but think about it...how can we be pain in a$$ without having our presence here?? :taz::taz:

On Topic
This talk of pain or no pain is rubbish. IMHO - The odds of this deal going through is remote because Russia has still occupied a very decent piece of pie in our defense budget. Logically speaking giving a strategic weapon to Pakistan thereby undermining our security will certainly not go well here. If we leave jingoism and look it from pure economics perspective this deal might not be good for Russia's interest, no

As i said, we may get it or we may not and from what i gather is that the media may have got it's Apples and Oranges mixed.
In any case, regardless of the outcome, as Russia did say, if India can buy from America, what can stop Russia from selling to any potential buyer..... specially after the MRCCA fiasco, would Russia or for that matter any other country place all eggs vin one basket.

I think
OK the since a lot of members over here seem to favor the induction of Su-35 in the PAF let me offer my two cents too....see the first thing that goes against the Su series is its HUGE RCS....this point I think has been discussed in this forum with reference to the MKI....secondly the radar on board the Su-35 is a PESA...while PAF I think now a days is on the look out for aircraft that has an AESA...compare these stats with the J-10B...lower RCS because of the use of DSI bump....AESA radar on board as well as IRST which incidentally is present in the Su-35 as well...so concluding my argument I say if we had to go for another fighter J-10B would be a saner choice than the Su-35
SU 35 has lower RCS than SU 30. They have done improvements to it to lower RCS. AESA is being developed for SU 35 . So by the time Pakistan gets the delivery, it could already be armed with AESA.

SU 35 has lower RCS than SU 30. They have done improvements to it to lower RCS. AESA is being developed for SU 35 . So by the time Pakistan gets the delivery, it could already be armed with AESA.
Didn't know that...thanks for updating me mate...cheers:tup:

Indians think india is the best country.But look at them always buying weapons from america,russia and china
Still dare to say india is a super power

40 Sukhoi 35 , would be great addition to Pakistani airforce , moderate increase and allows us to retire some old inventory

In That case will cancel our deals with Russia as simple as that . Than we would watch from shores how much the sinking economy of Russia going to get help from Pakistan .
yes ditch Russian.. and we will see how 230+ Su-30, 80+ Mig-29, 150+ Mig-21, il-78,il-76 are falling from sky.. and we will see how Akulla, sindhogosh are touching the sea bed, and we will see how T-90 is going to be a metal block..

I respect my chinese bros but to be honest J11 are clones of Su family . I saw a short take off vid of Su 35 oh man !! This is amazing machine .
People who are advocating Sola let me tell them we need teeth for eating not for showing . US of A is unreliable. Keeping a mix of USA Chinese and Russia hardware will keep the competition ON . Like we saw when Mi 35 were offered Uncle Sam was so quick to agree on Zulu .
Su 35 is only second to F 22
One day PAF have to change the mentility of single engine so why not Today ?
Second thing is our fragile economy today our economy is in good shape so we should utilize the funds other wise noora and co will loot it and tomorrow when we will be low on cash Hindustan will purchase some 4.5 gen jets to put further pressure on us

For those of you who say that PAF can't operate multiengined aircraft they just have to look at examples like A5 F6 T37 C130 and SAAB among others

PAF does maintain and fly multiengined aircraft

But if all else fails then PIA's technicians can always lend a helping hand

How many times we have to the same kind of news .
IF PAF can part with $5 billion to buy 50 SU35 then why not.

BUT you wont get soft loans from Russia LIKE you did on the Thunders

OR grant AID LIKE DID ON F16

NO FREEBIE from Russia JUST HARD CASH

China or amreki give money not to buy others military stuff but to buy. Military hardware from donor country and in fact most of the donation goes back to donor. If Russia wish to sell their military hardware to Pakistan they can offer credit like they did offer to Bangladesh. We bought yak160 and mi-171 helicopter from Russia with Russian credit. Offering 2/3 billion dollar credit to buy su-35 won't be very difficult for Russia.

The only thing that worries me about this deal is that if it somehow materializes . . . if . . . . . . a couple of Indian members on this forum might very well die out of heart attack (i meant butt hurt). :fie:

IF PAF can part with $5 billion to buy 50 SU35 then why not.

BUT you wont get soft loans from Russia LIKE you did on the Thunders

OR grant AID LIKE DID ON F16

NO FREEBIE from Russia JUST HARD CASH

China can be the banker in deals between Russia and Pakistan if required. Because its in China's strategic interest to make Pakistan strong economically and militarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom