What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a shopping list.

as for KSA, they do not like Russians! will never help us get Russian tech lol.
Really KSA has decided to invest 10 billion dollars in KSA and KSA is also going to buy some weapons from Russia including some short range ballistic missiles mate

We ll be competing current indian airforce if got SU-35
WOW! I am surprised we getting SU-35
JF-17 and F-16 are behind SU-30

I admit, I got owned.

But seriously, we haven't gotten a real statement yet, seems Dawn is just reiterating the original source, Sputnik.

NIZHNY TAGIL (Russia), September 9 (Sputnik) — Moscow and Islamabad are currently in talks on the delivery of Russian multirole Mi-35M attack helicopters and the latest Su-35 fighter jets.
"I do not think that the contacts under discussion will cause jealousy on the part of any of the two sides," Ryabkov told journalists.

Pakistan is Russia's closest partner, Ryabkov said, adding that the two countries’ ties are evolving not only militarily but in other sectors, including energy.
Russia-Pakistan Military Cooperation Not Threatening Relations With India

"The Russian Deputy FM Ryabkov referred to Pakistan as Russia's closest partner " Do you believe this line ?
your wasting your time here dont bother let them make cloud castels how does it matters to us :azn:

india has bought colse to 200+ helicopters and some 300+ jets from russia in last two decades alone and yet pakistanies love to dream like russia will ditch india cause pakistan is buying 4 attack helies and just might buy 3 full squads of Su-35 :haha:

News coming constantly from Russian sourcies and high ranking Russian officials talking about the sale of Su-35. There cant be smoke without the fire.

But to me, buying such a huge platform with totally new expertise and maintenance infrastructure does not make sense.

your wasting your time here dont bother let them make cloud castels how does it matters to us :azn:

india has bought colse to 200+ helicopters and some 300+ jets from russia in last two decades alone and yet pakistanies love to dream like russia will ditch india cause pakistan is buying 4 attack helies and just might buy 3 full squads of Su-35 :haha:
That old decade is over , come out of it ?lolzz

Der main samajh aaya .. lekin aa gaya .. I actually quit the discussion with bellow note.8-)

OK then you are getting big tranche of Su 35 soon . Enjoy your Su 35.

News coming constantly from Russian sourcies and high ranking Russian officials talking about the sale of Su-35. There cant be smoke without the fire.

But to me, buying such a huge platform with totally new expertise and maintenance infrastructure does not make sense.
Its over due , past 3 decades we live under one super powers influence , we need yo break the cycle & to open up our selves for new horizons at some point , with SU 35 we will bring a bond with no expiry date with Russia ?

but still FGFA & MKI is very much on just to say the least but no harm in dreaming keep dreaming .... cheers mate :sarcastic:
Ohh my god , how many of those FGFA are flown by Indian pilots ?lolzz

no one said Russia is going to ditch India. The thing that has changed is this "You guys went to US & Russians came to us with offers". No hard feelings, buddy.

The thing which is annoying India is the fact that Pakistan is now getting closer to Russia.

As for numbers, India has always been superior at that front, & funny thing is that a small country like Pakistan (190 million) has been a pain in the a55 for a country with 1.25 Billion people, since 1947.

I'm also quite happy to see China invest money in India, they're getting their returns & we'd be getting new defence toys with the $ you send to China. win win for a small country like Pakistan. ;)

IF PAF can part with $5 billion to buy 50 SU35 then why not.

BUT you wont get soft loans from Russia LIKE you did on the Thunders

OR grant AID LIKE DID ON F16

NO FREEBIE from Russia JUST HARD CASH

Already done , that was past not the future ?
Russians are cold heart peoples ?
Once you forget them they forget you forever ?Lil
China is the new financial super power so RUSSIA is more on China ,s side ?
& china,s interest in Pakistan right now economic corridor ?
Man they will make Pakistan so strong , that India would even forgets to think about COLD OR UNCOLD of its starts ?
Its up to India now to accept its stupid fake economical blackmailing of Russia in its past & be a good boy ?
Leave them. Now he will repeat this thing 1000 times.

99% chance is PAF wont buy Su 35.

Reasons-

1. PAF Docrine-

PAF doctrine operate single engine, meduim/ light weight fighter only.
Now J 6 was twin engined but was a lightweight fighter.

SU 35 is a heavy multirole fighter.

2. Cost- It will be very costly, judging that in recent MKI order, each MKI costed India 102 Million Dollars.

Even with discounts, the SU 35 will cost no less than 90 Million dollars (lifecycle cost+ weapons).

3. Its Flanker- Su 35 belongs to flanker familiy. There are similraities between both SU 35 and Su 30 MKI and after Super MKI upgrade the difference will be very less.

Plus IAF has operated flankers more than 10 years which means it knows weaknesses and stengths thoroughly, a fact PAF cant overlook.

I disagree on several aspects.
  1. PAF is going for another single engine platform J-31 in some 10 years time frame. When adding a new platform between now and J-31, opting for yet another single engine platform like J-10B wouldn't make sense. Twin-Engine platform is missing from its spectrum and it is a need which Su-35 fills the best.
  2. Cost: Su-35 for India was at 40 millions when negotiations were going on. Now it may be 45 but not 90 millions. Life cycle cost is understood but it wouldn't prevent us from buying something which is a need.
  3. India has 10 years of Su-30 flying experience, agree - but through China, Pakistan has been preparing in it and against it. There will be difference of experience for sure but that will be covered over time.
Personally, I believe Su-35 is the way to go and PAF should opt for it over J-10s or J-11Ds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom