What's new

Talibanisation in karachi

I have a question can even 10% of the Muhajir populous distinguish between a Pushtoon brother or an Afghan one I have seen both and I must sincerely apologixe I am unable to find the difference coupled with that I also wish to know that why do the Pashtoon welcome Migrant Afghans who take their jobs their welfare use their hospitals whatever kind of condition they may be in shouldn't their be a stern no and then FC will completely close down the border and things will get better.

You have asked some tough questions
Well i cannot distinguish between pashtoon and afghani because they are same ethnicity In afghanistan most of the area has pashtoon population and some areas also have hazara's (harazay walay)

Well i cannot distinguish between pashtoon and afghani because they are same ethnicity In afghanistan most of the area has pashtoon population and some areas also have hazara's (harazay walay)

Pakistani Pakhtuns are PAKISTANIS. They have been living side by side in peace with all ethnic groups of Pakistan even before the independence of Pakistan in 1947.

Afghan refugees are refugees who fled Afghanistan during the Soviet war and during War on Terror, they are not Pakistanis but a lot of them tell others they are Pakistani Pakhtuns and some even carry fake ID cards to tell others they are Pakistanis so they can get every benefit a Pakistani citizen gets.

I have a proposal.

There are a lot of Pashtun refugees in Pakistan, I was thinking we enlist these men into the FC and perhaps create a regiment for them in the PA...

They should give Pakistan at least Military service, to pay us back for the shelter and AID we have given them, or else they are like dead weight to us, an economic burden that is difficult for the economy to sustain.

I have a proposal.

There are a lot of Pashtun refugees in Pakistan, I was thinking we enlist these men into the FC and perhaps create a regiment for them in the PA...

They should give Pakistan at least Military service, to pay us back for the shelter and AID we have given them, or else they are like dead weight to us, an economic burden that is difficult for the economy to sustain.

if we give them the right and the position can we sustain a massive number of people who will then claim benefits yet evade any tax own property claim, over jobs that should be Pakistani use our aid that is for our developement and Omar1984 man we still need a way to Identify our people and the illegal immigrants and stop this charade of more immigrants. I think we should start by stopping the flow first that is from people entering from FATA and then slowly try to get them all out by a systematic method this way we can then secure FATA later and push our lines to the Afghan border so that Pakistani jobs remain in the hands of Pakistani people.

I have a proposal.

Please dont use the term "Pashtun refugee" because Pashtuns are also one of the major ethnic groups of Pakistan. Refer the refugees who come from Afghanistan as Afghan refugees and I dont think most of them can be trusted to be in our military.

if we give them the right and the position can we sustain a massive number of people who will then claim benefits yet evade any tax own property claim, over jobs that should be Pakistani use our aid that is for our developement and Omar1984 man we still need a way to Identify our people and the illegal immigrants and stop this charade of more immigrants. I think we should start by stopping the flow first that is from people entering from FATA and then slowly try to get them all out by a systematic method this way we can then secure FATA later and push our lines to the Afghan border so that Pakistani jobs remain in the hands of Pakistani people.

I agree but its hard because most Afghani refugees in Pakistan now speak fluent Urdu and most of their language is Pashto, the same language that belongs to Pakhtuns of Pakistan...and there is not a single Pakistani look, Pakistanis come in all different sizes, shapes, and colors so its hard to differentiate an Afghani refugee from a Pakistani especially today because a lot of them have fake ID cards and try to pose as Pakistani citizens.

I agree that there needs to be more security on the Pak-Afghan border because we need to pay attention to the needs of Pakistanis first and give priority to our 172 million Pakistanis.

well if u can't distinguish b/w afghan pashtuns nd pakistani pashtuns thn u r not pakistani..
have u ever study Pakistan studies? if not thn repeat ur studies from prep

well if u can't distinguish b/w afghan pashtuns nd pakistani pashtuns thn u r not pakistani..

Good then teach us how to do so professor. I have read a few articles on the topic but nothing much has come my way I am sure that their will be ways of distinguishing them I am missing something key because I feel that Afghan immigrants are the cause of Talebenisation.

IF ANYONE HAS READ THE FOLLOWING BOOK PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS WORTH IT.

Karachi: A Terror Capital in the Making by Wilson John

Asia Times Online - The best news coverage from South Asia

No i did O/Alevels there was pakistan studies included in the syllabus but i dont know how to distinguish between afghani pashtun and pakistani pashtun its too difficult

Good then teach us how to do so professor. I have read a few articles on the topic but nothing much has come my way I am sure that their will be ways of distinguishing them I am missing something key because I feel that Afghan immigrants are the cause of Talebenisation.

thankx for giving me the honour of Prof.
however i cant change ur brainwashed mind..those who r not familiar with their country's history have no identity.thanku

I have a question can even 10% of the Muhajir populous distinguish between a Pushtoon brother or an Afghan one I have seen both and I must sincerely apologixe I am unable to find the difference coupled with that I also wish to know that why do the Pashtoon welcome Migrant Afghans who take their jobs their welfare use their hospitals whatever kind of condition they may be in shouldn't their be a stern no and then FC will completely close down the border and things will get better.

bane blade .
You may be right my friend. What is needed is a clear and no nonsense policy in tolerance of crime and especially gun and drug related crime. I say Hang whosoever commits these crimes(after a fair trial of course!!). I know people who have properties in Sohrab goth which they can not even visit much less collect their rent from. The y have approached the police and the SHO says"Saab, we will send a force with you and have the property evicted for you today but what will you do when they return tommorrow with guns and all. it is a fact of life that the police and law enforcement seems helpless against these people who are harrassing the local communitiesand forming local Qabza groups. You may say that there are local backers for these people and you may be right, however, if we call ourselves civilized, there should be no room for this sort of Shinanigans. That is mmy only beef with the situation. A major gripe of the Mohajir community has been that the police is not from the local community and this is right. Consequently , they will let you get away with bloody Murder for a little Bakhshish, because they have no affinity with the people. If the person belonged to your local community with your son/younger brother having played with him as a child, then you might not have the same problem.
WaSalaam
Araz

thankx for giving me the honour of Prof.
however i cant change ur brainwashed mind..those who r not familiar with their country's history have no identity.thanku

I think they mean they can't differentiate Pakistani pashtuns and Afghan pashtuns by looks and both speak pashto, both are Muslims, and today even Afghan pashtuns speak urdu.

History is different, because even before 1947, Pakhtuns lived side by side in peace with all ethnic groups of Pakistan while Afghani pashtuns just came after soviet invasion. Pakistani Pakhtuns are Pakistanis, most of them come from FATA and NWFP, which are areas of Pakistan but you will find Pakistani Pakhtuns in almost every area in Pakistan.

Afghanis come from Afghanistan, they come from Jalalabad, Kabul, etc... they are not Pakistanis. They can't get along with their other ethnic groups of Afghanistan and they try to bring the same ethnic tensions into Pakistan.

Last edited:
I think they mean they can't differentiate Pakistani pashtuns and Afghan pashtuns by looks and both speak pashto, both are Muslims, and today even Afghan pashtuns speak urdu.

History is different, because even before 1947, Pakhtuns lived side by side in peace with all ethnic groups of Pakistan while Afghani pashtuns just came after soviet invasion. Pakistani Pakhtuns are Pakistanis, most of them come from FATA and NWFP, which are areas of Pakistan but you will find Pakistani Pakhtuns in almost every area in Pakistan.

Afghanis come from Afghanistan, they come from Jalalabad, Kabul, etc... they are not Pakistanis. They can't get along with their other ethnic groups of Afghanistan and they try to bring the same ethnic tensions into Pakistan.

Omar Sir !
u r right..but he is saying something different..both shoukat aftab nd baneblade.
it doesn't mean that some1 who can speak pashto is Afghani..i can speak farsi due to living with afgani's doens't mean that they call me "kabli"..
however it is difficult to understand them that who is who?:cheesy:

bane blade .
You may be right my friend. What is needed is a clear and no nonsense policy in tolerance of crime and especially gun and drug related crime. I say Hang whosoever commits these crimes(after a fair trial of course!!). I know people who have properties in Sohrab goth which they can not even visit much less collect their rent from. The y have approached the police and the SHO says"Saab, we will send a force with you and have the property evicted for you today but what will you do when they return tommorrow with guns and all. it is a fact of life that the police and law enforcement seems helpless against these people who are harrassing the local communitiesand forming local Qabza groups. You may say that there are local backers for these people and you may be right, however, if we call ourselves civilized, there should be no room for this sort of Shinanigans. That is mmy only beef with the situation. A major gripe of the Mohajir community has been that the police is not from the local community and this is right. Consequently , they will let you get away with bloody Murder for a little Bakhshish, because they have no affinity with the people. If the person belonged to your local community with your son/younger brother having played with him as a child, then you might not have the same problem.
WaSalaam
Araz

I have heard and experienced similar cases specially near Sohrab goth but in the true sense of it we need to first stop giving guns a lot of people have levelled aruements that during Zia's days gun violence was given an extra push and they were given alot of armsto break down MQM now I think it is time to completely stop the usage of guns in Pakistan even for hunting, I wish someone could start implementing that we need to stop their sales and start their collection give a weak or two for people who wish to hand it in and then start taking it back forcefully.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom