What's new

Taliban warn Bangladesh

[Hasanul Haque Inu, president of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal, said he thinks there is no reason for Bangladesh to deploy troops in Afghanistan whether Taliban warns or not.

"We don't accept American interferences in different countries in the name of War on Terror," he said.

Noted writer-journalist Shahriar Kabir told The Daily Star, "I don't consider the Taliban threat important, but in principle I think we should not send troops to Afghanistan.”

Thats good that People are not afraid of Taliban, they did not take the warning seriously.;)

Yesterday I saw in a talk show where two defence analyst were saying that Taliban will make our Development worker as soft target if we do deploy troops. They seems not worried about troops but the Bangladeshi civilians who are working there for Afhganistan.

لا حول ولاقوة إلا بالله
BD Should rethink about this move.

Von Hölle;1166997 said:
Now this is surprising ..in another thread people were claiming that Taliban would welcome Bangladeshi troops with open arms or in fact will welcome any Muslim country's troops.

Who said that in another thread? It was said of the Afghan people, and not Taliban. Taliban will be the contesting party in a conflict between them and BD troops. Both will try to kill each other.

When many other countries depend upon heavy weapons and take conventional training, BD military basically train itself more in guerrilla warfare, because it has less quantity of heavy weapons in its arsenal. Who knows, BD troops may do better in Afghanistan than other troops for solely that reason.

Who said that in another thread? It was said of the Afghan people, and not Taliban. Taliban will be the contesting party in a conflict between them and BD troops. Both will try to kill each other.

When many other countries depend upon heavy weapons and take conventional training, BD military basically train itself more in guerrilla warfare, because it has less quantity of heavy weapons in its arsenal. Who knows, BD troops may do better in Afghanistan than other troops for solely that reason.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-deploy-troops-afghanistan-2.html#post1160415

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...bd-deploy-troops-afghanistan.html#post1160312

Due to religous reasons and for being a fantastic contributor to UN, this is why the US has chosen you, Taliban won't be as bad let them warn you as much as they want, Finish what we couldn't do.
Who says BD can't do it, I think they will do better job than us especially better than the americans killing ******* friendlys. (UK)
Useless americans.

Akash... although I agree to your point that to join the WoT or not purely depends on what B'desh thinks is good for its own people... but don't term it as BS. A lot of people are living safe in their homes because of the WoT... if it were not for the WoT.... there would have been several more attacks by these fanatics today.

Yes, you do seem to have a point there, but I termed it as bs because of the cost of time, money and effort. That's all. :)

Von Hölle;1167083 said:

You have very conveniently omitted the other part of my comments. I said of conditions that BD should send its troops under UN, there must be a timetable for US/western withdrawal, and also there must be a coalition of troops from the Muslim Sunni countries. Please be honest. Check all my posts, these are written here and there.

And I believe no one wants war, not even Taliban. Every contesting party is seeking ways to get out of the war in Afghanistan. But, it is obvious that Taliban will not agree to peace and sharing of state power when troops from non-Muslim countries are still occupying their country.

So, it could be a good omen if BD sends its troops under the conditions that I have said above. Just sending its troops when US is still there will bring enemisity from Taliban and general public.

YBut, it is obvious that Taliban will not agree to peace and sharing of state power when troops from non-Muslim countries are still occupying their country.

Ya right dude. You think they are going to share state power even if a Muslim nations like Bangladesh comes into their country? Dont these guys break many rules in Islam? So do you think they are good Muslims in general?People like to use religion as a mask for their real motivation.

Afghanistan was ruled by the Taliban their country was called "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan" before American invasion. They want it back and they are not going to share.

And didnt the Pushton dominated Taliban kill thousands of Shia Hazaras? These people are not real Muslims.

We all bleed when we remember the loss of 1971 war with India when our Eastern part was dislocated and became Bangladesh. From that shameful era when our 90000 soldiers were taken as Prisoners of War by India and then in 1974 when India tested its first Nuclear Bomb, Pakistanis came a long way ahead leaving all the painful memories behind and regrouped as one of the big military power of the region.

Since long, there have been a general understanding that whatever happened in 1971 it had to happen one day or another. Many also think that Bangladesh’s independence did not hurt Pakistan much as that part was not defendable in any full scale war. I do not agree to both the above notions. Countries that have strong governing system can protect their Islands and other installations that are thousands of miles away from their main territory, so why can’t we accept that it was our failure of governance that led Bangladesh dislocate. Even if anybody thinks that leaving Bangladesh issue behind would be a better choice and some even take a step further in finding consolation by saying that whatever happened in the past, now Bangladesh is a Muslim country and the member of Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC), my stance is totally different. Bangladesh was created to hurt Pakistan and keep hurting whenever it is required.

The formation of pro Indian Government of Sheikh Haseena Wajid and a Military coup that led many soldiers of Bangladesh Rifle die in 2009 created a new dimension in the politics of that country. The Bangladeshi/Indian intelligence reports suspected ISI’s role in this coup and created a sense of insecurity among the people loyal to Indian agenda inside Bangladesh. The changes in the ranks in the Bangladesh Military were then triggered and pro Pakistan Officers were replaced. It is most serious thing to note that in order to acquire assurances from USA and India to provide strong support to the Government, Sh. Haseena Wajid may had agreed to give certain relaxations and volunteered cooperation on serious issues concerning with the war on terror. This is now becoming visible by the recent steps by the Bangladeshi Government.

The sense of insecurity due to existence of so called Islamic extremist forces like Jama'atul Mujahideen Bangladesh, Harkatul Jihad al Islami, Jagrata Muslim Janata Bangladesh and Shahadat-e al Hikma, led Sh. Haseena accept certain demands of USA that included the inclusion of Bangladeshi people in the notorious military contractors company Blackwater or Xe. Bangladesh is also all set to send its troops to Afghanistan to fight along with NATO against the freedom fighters and Taliban. It is also extremely dangerous to note that the sentiments of Bengali nationalists will be used against Pakistan too who are already brainwashed about the alleged brutality of Pakistan Army during 1971 war. Pakistan and its Military establishment should not overlook this present development. Pakistani media and the Intelligence should closely observe the activities of Xe in Philippines where thousands of Indian and Bangladeshis are being trained for onward deployment in Afghanistan and probably in Pakistan too.

Recently a clear warning from Taliban to Bangladesh displays the intensity of this matter. The undue dragging of Bangladesh into this war on terror has some ugly designs behind that will create havoc in that country which is still not harmed with the fumes of terror. The chessboard seems all set when Bangladesh would fall into the trap set for it and it will be in the best favor of India and USA in particular to pierce their teeth on the neck of Bangladesh’s independent status.

In short, the negative factors of dislocation of East Pakistan are now becoming visible and after almost 4 decades Bangladesh is being used against the sovereignty of Pakistan more dangerously but openly. The presence of Bangladeshi troops inside Afghanistan will not fulfill any agenda that would be favorable to our Country. The issue is serious and demands urgent and thoughtful attention for every Pakistani.

Original Source of this Article Pakistan Hope (Mohammad Mansoor Ali Ansari) - Bravenet Blog

Bangladesh is also all set to send its troops to Afghanistan to fight along with NATO against the freedom fighters and Taliban. It is also extremely dangerous to note that the sentiments of Bengali nationalists will be used against Pakistan too who are already brainwashed about the alleged brutality of Pakistan Army during 1971 war.

Recently a clear warning from Taliban to Bangladesh displays the intensity of this matter. The undue dragging of Bangladesh into this war on terror has some ugly designs behind that will create havoc in that country which is still not harmed with the fumes of terror. The chessboard seems all set when Bangladesh would fall into the trap set for it and it will be in the best favor of India and USA in particular to pierce their teeth on the neck of Bangladesh’s independent status.

In short, the negative factors of dislocation of East Pakistan are now becoming visible and after almost 4 decades Bangladesh is being used against the sovereignty of Pakistan more dangerously but openly. The presence of Bangladeshi troops inside Afghanistan will not fulfill any agenda that would be favorable to our Country. The issue is serious and demands urgent and thoughtful attention for every Pakistani.

Original Source of this Article Pakistan Hope (Mohammad Mansoor Ali Ansari) - Bravenet Blog

I do not just understand why the writer projects a view that may not coincide with the reality. Why a BD participation in the Afghan war against Taliban poses any threat to the State of Pakistan? Does the writer want to say that the ISI helps Taliban directly or indirectly, and, therefore, a BD participation against Taliban is tantamount to a war against Pakistan? And, the writer thinks, the division in 1971 is responsible for all this, because Islamabad cannot control Dhaka any more.

However, I have noticed time and again here in this Forum that all the Pakistani posters vehemently deny any existence of Pakistani helps towards Afghan Taliban, although there always remains a question that need to be answered, where from the Taliban receives its war fund. Pakistani posters usually avoids to answer this question.

I do not think just a token involvement of troops from a tiny Muslim country called BD will change the situation in Kabul. I believe, a near solution resides in a situation whereby both Pakistan and India take their hands off Afghanistan.

By the statement of this writer it seems that the Afghan Taliban are getting help from Pakistan. On the other hand, India supports the Mayorial govt of Kabul with funds. Afghanistan has to get out of this proxy war between these two rivals. When war ends there, Pakistan will be the foremost beneficiary. I think, a participation by BD and many other Sunni Muslim countries under the UN is a prerequisite to end the war.

Last edited:
Akash... although I agree to your point that to join the WoT or not purely depends on what B'desh thinks is good for its own people... but don't term it as BS. A lot of people are living safe in their homes because of the WoT... if it were not for the WoT.... there would have been several more attacks by these fanatics today.

We actually don't know that.
I would rather say that the WOT has created much more terrorism than it has helped suppress. Just look at the chaos it has created all around the world. I think people were more safe before the WOT than now.

We actually don't know that.
I would rather say that the WOT has created much more terrorism than it has helped suppress. Just look at the chaos it has created all around the world. I think people were more safe before the WOT than now.

I agree we cannot really tell for sure what would have happened if WOT wouldn't have been supported by the NATO nations...

But you think that Al-Qaeda would have kept silent after attacking US WTC? If they had planned on this massive scale and achieved total success why would they want to sit silent after that. We all know it was not a 1 time job... it just couldn't have been, there was a whole lot of logistics and planning that went behind that.

Now imagine the same thing happening in your city or country, would you just sit quiet accepting your fate.... or would you want to raise your voice against it? Simple as that. It just had to happen and the reason behind the all these killings was because of their 9/11 attack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom