What's new

Taliban video speaks of ‘revenge on military’

It was not my purpose to boil the blood of my fellow patriot countrymen , but just to show the reality what our forces are facing
since 1979. Before pointing the finger on Pak armed forces people should look at the reality, where we see extreme calmness in
there appearance. I wish i could put this in sticky, so whoever visit the page should first see the sacrifice of these soldiers on
border.

What do we expect from these ruthless killers - glorifying their heinous crime by videotaping the murder of helpless soldiers who were kidnapped earlier? These are not acts of bravery; on the contrary, these are acts of extreme cowards, who would bound their captors together and shoot them in the back of their heads from close range. What brave men would do that?

If anyone had any notion that these terrorists are holy people and are fighting a holy war, they should think again; there is nothing holy about them or their war. They are plain ruthless barbarians whose only aim is to kill and destroy. We once again send our condolences to the people of Pakistan and the families of the soldiers who gave their lives for their country. Peace can only prevail when the people of the region fully support their security forces as they hunt down these barbarians and eliminate them.

Maj David Nevers
DET-United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

R.I.P. for the soldiers and our prayers for the families. We must not allow their deaths be forgotten - i pray that the animals are caught and shot - we must not stop. Our brave brave soldiers are having to fight some low life scum. They are and cannot be muslims - they are jaanwar

Dude..i wish your army punish these scums on the earth....These taliban r the dogs to be killed and wiped out...How they can be so barbaric.?

What do we expect from these ruthless killers - glorifying their heinous crime by videotaping the murder of helpless soldiers who were kidnapped earlier? These are not acts of bravery; on the contrary, these are acts of extreme cowards, who would bound their captors together and shoot them in the back of their heads from close range. What brave men would do that?

If anyone had any notion that these terrorists are holy people and are fighting a holy war, they should think again; there is nothing holy about them or their war. They are plain ruthless barbarians whose only aim is to kill and destroy. We once again send our condolences to the people of Pakistan and the families of the soldiers who gave their lives for their country. Peace can only prevail when the people of the region fully support their security forces as they hunt down these barbarians and eliminate them.

Thank You for your condolences. You are really good at it.

And Pakistani military is still investing more in fighter jets (with an eye on India) instead of tools that can help it fight terrorists more efficiently

not just India.. the fighter jets that you are referring to like F-16 Block 52 and the JF-17 have been taking part in WoT by attacking militant hideouts and their weapon sites. do you recall the video footages of PAF F-16s taking out those targets?

yes these fighters can be used against a foreign aggression as well but they are not sitting idle during WoT.

not just India.. the fighter jets that you are referring to like F-16 Block 52 and the JF-17 have been taking part in WoT by attacking militant hideouts and their weapon sites. do you recall the video footages of PAF F-16s taking out those targets?

yes these fighters can be used against a foreign aggression as well but they are not sitting idle during WoT.
Air power? Yes, to an extent. But the problem in using it against militants is that most meeting places and hideouts are inside villages and townships. Bombing them would result in collateral damage where many innocent civilians could be killed. It's not as if they are sitting in bunkers on hill features waiting for the PA/PAF like in a conventional battle scenario.

And how do you distinguish a Taliban terrorist in a crowd of civilians? You can't! In other words, the terrorists have an upper hand where urban insurgency is concerned. And in this type of warfare, air support has no place, except of course if it's a hideout in the countryside that you want to destroy.

The only way to neutralize militants in this type of warfare is intelligence of a very high order. Infiltrating the rank and file of the Taliban with your own agents is the best way to gather intelligence so that preemptive action can be taken. It's surprising that very little is being done on this front (even in India against the Maoists and other militant groups).

So, it's not just the air force with fancy equipment, but hummint which is the crux if one wants to win a war against insurgents.

Air power? Yes, to an extent. But the problem in using it against militants is that most meeting places and hideouts are inside villages and townships. Bombing them would result in collateral damage where many innocent civilians could be killed.

And how do you distinguish a Taliban terrorist in a crowd of civilians? You can't! In other words, the terrorists have an upper hand where urban insurgency is concerned. And in this type of warfare, air support has no place, except of course if it's a hideout in the countryside that you want to destroy.

The only way to neutralize militants in this type of warfare is intelligence of a very high order. Infiltrating the rank and file of the Taliban with your own agents is the best way to gather intelligence so that preemptive action can be taken. It's surprising that very little is being done on this front (even in India against the Maoists and other militant groups).

So, it's not just the air force with fancy equipment, but hummint which is the crux if one wants to win a war against insurgents.

I'm surprised you don't believe this is the way operations are being conducted. This isn't India. Only a fool would believe these outfits are not within the palms of the ISI.

I'm surprised you don't believe this is the way operations are being conducted. This isn't India. Only a fool would believe these outfits are not within the palms of the ISI.
I differ! The TTP is not controlled by the ISI, but the Afghan Taliban (Mullah Omar/Haqqani's Quetta Shaura) are. The TTP is targeting the Pakistani security forces and according to them, has the ultimate agenda of taking over Pakistan. It is this group that the PA is trying to neutralize which it is finding pretty difficult to do so at present. Counter insurgency whether rural or urban, is a very protracted war that could take decades to defeat.

U dont need to Infiltrate the local populace,.. but rather incentive a few locals to do u bidding..
Remember there dumb as nails.it works both ways not just in the talibans favor.its not a very high order of intelligence gathering.

What really needs to be done is control there breeding(recruiting hot zones) grounds and there can be no gray areas in this process. Militancy thrives in Grey areas and loopholes.

Launce an Idealogical counteroffensive...not based on religion but on prosperity.
This only works with stable ,time tested and trustworthy Gov and economies.
If one govt is not trustworthy come to a common understanding and then threaten with ur wrath if not heeded .and if all goes well and the defending govt isn't unwise and dosent tramples on sensitivities...there cause will strt to falter,

Power need to be projected hard and fast... make them recalculate and reflect on there decisions..there moral need to be rooted and at the same time there cause needs to be made weak.and make every effort to let this be known to the enemy.

there are many more creative alternatives but imo these are some ways tht can help.

This i got from looking at Indian way of dealing with Naxlasm..

ounter insurgency whether rural or urban, is a very protracted war that could take decades to defeat.

true
decades to say the least..it all depends on how u handle the indoctrination of the new generation tht gets conceived.

people cant indoctrinate oters if there own cause and morality is weak..i think there is where lies the root of all of Pakistans problems

I differ! The TTP is not controlled by the ISI, but the Afghan Taliban (Mullah Omar/Haqqani's Quetta Shaura) are. The TTP is targeting the Pakistani security forces and according to them, has the ultimate agenda of taking over Pakistan. It is this group that the PA is trying to neutralize which it is finding pretty difficult to do so at present. Counter insurgency whether rural or urban, is a very protracted war that could take decades to defeat.

Afghan taliban are controlled by ISI? :woot:

sorry dude,

no one, I mean NO ONE can ever control the Afghans, ever!!! no one can influence them, no one can force them and no one can direct them.

time and again they have proven that. I hope the Penny will drop one day for the Americans if not today.

if we had any control at all or any influence at all we would have requested them to

1. take out the TTP safe heavens in Afghanistan.
2. Take out the BLA training camps in Afghanistan
3. stop the fight with the Afghan/ US troops and start peace talks to help US leave earlier.
4. declare that they have no relation to TTP and sever any relations with them.

but none of that has happened. we do have links with them just like any security agency will do in its neighbourhood will do and its these links (that you call control) that are enabling the Afghan insurgents and the US Govt to hold talks in Afghanistan and in Doha / Dubai and Qatar etc.

so let not loose the perspective here and give the brush of mass accusation a bit of rest
and stay on topic. re air force strikes, they have not been on residence areas, have you seen the footage of LGB targets from F-16s? they are on secluded targets not in the middle of a town.

I agree with the rest of your post re TTP.

thanking you

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

U dont need to Infiltrate the local populace,.. but rather incentive a few locals to do u bidding..
Remember there dumb as nails.it works both ways not just in the talibans favor.its not a very high order of intelligence gathering.

What really needs to be done is control there breeding(recruiting hot zones) grounds and there can be no gray areas in this process. Militancy thrives in Grey areas and loopholes.

Launce an Idealogical counteroffensive...not based on religion but on prosperity.
This only works with stable ,time tested and trustworthy Gov and economies.
If one govt is not trustworthy come to a common understanding and then threaten with ur wrath if not heeded .and if all goes well and the defending govt isn't unwise and dosent tramples on sensitivities...there cause will strt to falter,

Power need to be projected hard and fast... make them recalculate and reflect on there decisions..there moral need to be rooted and at the same time there cause needs to be made weak.and make every effort to let this be known to the enemy.

there are many more creative alternatives but imo these are some ways tht can help.

This i got from looking at Indian way of dealing with Naxlasm..

true
decades to say the least..it all depends on how u handle the indoctrination of the new generation tht gets conceived.

people cant indoctrinate oters if there own cause and morality is weak..i think there is where lies the root of all of Pakistans problems

good points and yes thats what is already being done. I wont fault you for missing the news when we have lost agents on regular bases and Taliban executing ordinary tribesmen and even their own commrades on the suspicion of spying.

I cant add anymore than what you said because you said it all

thanks

What Pakistan Army needs to do is stop fighting on America orders than talk to Tribals as well as Taliban and slowly we have to separate the Tribals from the Taliban and that we will be able to take on the Taliban other wise they will get support of local fully Armed Tribals which will increase our problems rather than solving it

sorry dude,

no one, I mean NO ONE can ever control the Afghans, ever!!! no one can influence them, no one can force them and no one can direct them.

time and again they have proven that. I hope the Penny will drop one day for the Americans if not today.

if we had any control at all or any influence at all we would have requested them to

1. take out the TTP safe heavens in Afghanistan.
2. Take out the BLA training camps in Afghanistan
3. stop the fight with the Afghan/ US troops and start peace talks to help US leave earlier.
4. declare that they have no relation to TTP and sever any relations with them.

but none of that has happened. we do have links with them just like any security agency will do in its neighbourhood will do and its these links (that you call control) that are enabling the Afghan insurgents and the US Govt to hold talks in Afghanistan and in Doha / Dubai and Qatar etc.

so let not loose the perspective here and give the brush of mass accusation a bit of rest
and stay on topic. re air force strikes, they have not been on residence areas, have you seen the footage of LGB targets from F-16s? they are on secluded targets not in the middle of a town.

I agree with the rest of your post re TTP.

thanking you

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

good points and yes thats what is already being done. I wont fault you for missing the news when we have lost agents on regular bases and Taliban executing ordinary tribesmen and even their own commrades on the suspicion of spying.

I cant add anymore than what you said because you said it all

thanks

Though a non starter currently or one can say a taboo, India could help your forces regarding this as it is like the insurgencies we were fighting over long periods and our armed forces are particularly experienced in such operations at kashmir and north east.

Back
Top Bottom