What's new

Taliban threatens to burn palaces in Islamabad, Lahore

I hope so. Despite what many believe Pakistan is actually exercising 'hands off' policy in Afghanistan. We will work with whoever wins the elections either Asraf Ghani or Dr Abdullah. Personally i like Dr Abdullah better as he has seen it all and has close contacts with extremely powerful people in Pakistan. He knows the local dynamics, knows the Taliban and he also knows crap from reality. Moreover conjoined security paradigm in AFPAK region requires a conjoined response. I wish to see our forces jointly operating on either side of the border to defeat the extremist threat especially in regards to what ISIS has done to Iraq.

I think I agree with you regarding Dr Abdullah, although I also feel that his support on a military capacity to assist the Pakistani army will be limited, given his probable reluctance to open up old accusations of "anti-Pashtun" bias, siting his support base. Either way, the most important thing is that Afghans for the most part just want to get on with their lives and build a better future....all civilians want that in the end.

if these coward khawarij were men, they would fight the Pakistan Army, rather than threaten the innocent population of Pakistan

They are cowards
they aren't men, they are cowards
@Zarvan what do you think? are these bastards cowards or men?

they aren't men, they are cowards
@Zarvan what do you think? are these bastards cowards or men?
what good this question will do will it solve the problem grow up and understand the issues these kind of questions will not solve them

I think I agree with you regarding Dr Abdullah, although I also feel that his support on a military capacity to assist the Pakistani army will be limited, given his probable reluctance to open up old accusations of "anti-Pashtun" bias, siting his support base. Either way, the most important thing is that Afghans for the most part just want to get on with their lives and build a better future....all civilians want that in the end.

Since you don't strike me as a thick head let me be honest with you.

• Pakistan's strategy towards Afghanistan was that of 'Strategic Depth', meaning to seek politically friendly state in Afghanistan which may aid us in a battle against India should a full scale invasion take place. To retreat to Afghanistan, regroup, rearm and fight back again as well as to move refugees in Afghanistan then dig in for a long battle.

• In May 1998 that dynamic changed as we declared our nuclear status. Now Pakistan's Strategic Depth does not lie in Afghanistan but in our nuclear weapons. Our line of deterrence has grown stronger therefore its much harder for India to bleed as compared to the 80s and if our deterrence does bleed it will result in Mutually Assured Destruction which no one wants.

• If you keep above view in mind, the historic govts in Afghanistan had a vested interest in Pakistan's security as Pakistan had in Afghanistan's in conventional warfare regimes, which is why Pakistan entrenched and facilitated the war against soviets etc. Some govts agreed to it some did not.

• Now in 2014, that dynamic no longer exists. We have a much stronger conventional muscle as well as nuclear capabilities, therefore Pakistan no longer looks at Afghanistan in a strategic depth narrative which changes what Pakistani interests are in Afghanistan.

• Pakistan is going to give a full reboot to its strategy and will build relationship with Afghanistan strictly on socioeconomic terms, trades, food, investment and internal security/border security.

• Pakistan does want to minimize the Indian footprint in Afghanistan to a level where it doesn't have the capability to pose an asymmetric warfare threat to us. Pakistan desires to replace India with China as Afghanistan's strategic economic-military partner, cementing China's role as a regional power in S.Asia while locking Afghanistan into a mutually beneficial regional alliance.

Dr Abdullah is the only man who can understand this and we hope would appreciate what lies ahead for Afghanistan if it chooses to cooperate with SinoPak channel instead of India. It would bring mass Chinese investment which India is simply incapable of bringing and would help build Afghanistan into a 'sustainable' military power which is able to hold its state together.

I hope it clears up a few things.

@Icarus @Hyperion @Abu Zolfiqar @ghilzai @Spring Onion | Input guys.

who do you support mr?
army or ttp
I support Islam and Muslims Mr and Army has named this operation after sword of RASOOL SAW not they should also make sure government starts work on implementation shariah other wise don't cry if the war continues because this war will not end until our system is based of kufr

Dr Abdullah is the only man who can understand this and we hope would appreciate what lies ahead for Afghanistan if it chooses to cooperate with SinoPak channel instead of India. It would bring mass Chinese investment which India is simply incapable of bringing and would help build Afghanistan into a 'sustainable' military power which is able to hold its state together.

I hope it clears up a few things.

Nice overview, I again appreciate it. It will be interesting to see how it'll all unfold.

Afghanistan absolutely wants a positive relationship with China as well as Pakistan, although I can't share your optimism with the potential for estrangement with both India and the United States dangling over Dr Abdullah’s head, with both being stronger nations in a growing alliance in our region. There's good reason behind the current conflicts and political posturing that surrounds China, including in places like Thailand, Vietnam, the Koreas, Japan and even Mongolia. The United States is arguably engaged in China’s political encirclement to guarantee her own status as the world leader for another century. Dr Abdullah for his part owes his political relevance to both India and especially to the United States. So how can you seriously believe he'll take on board your wish-list in its entirety? Anything's possible to be sure, although I doubt it, for he'd have to place a lot of trust in Pakistan, just as his mentor once did as a young man in the 1970's, or Gulbudeen did, or even the Taliban for that matter. Why would any Afghan trust a Pakistan now reaching out from a position of relative weakness? Then off course there’s Iran and the very real possibility that she’s coming back from the cold in a strategic alliance with the United States. If Dr Abdullah pisses Iran off, then there goes the Hazara support for him at the next elections. Better still, there goes the Indian-Iran-Afghan trade corridor that bypasses our dependency on Pakistani routes.

If however Dr Abdullah does indeed take on board the wish list as presented while potentially alienating himself from the US and India (with Iran as the added possibility), he'll risk ending up facing the same kind of insurgency currently experience by Maliki in Iraq. Let's face it, the ISIS is supported by Qatar and Saudi Arabia, plus potentially Turkey which had an axe to grind against Syria for its own support for Kurdish separatists in Turkey over the years. The United States government is publicly throwing dirt at ISIS, although they were the ones who simultaneously delivered one of the largest stockpiles of weapons to the Gulf States recently. Let's also not forget that the US has been heavily criticised by Maliki for having "dragged its feet" in the delivery of heavy arms shipments to his military. It’s possible that the United States will help him stop ISIS from taking over Baghdad to appease Iran, but the devils in the detail, so we’ll see. I think that unless both the Americans and Indians are on board, I can’t see Dr Abdullah or Dr Ghani for that matter as the partners you seek. Then again, it’s not a zero-sum game, as all negotiations will have their gives and their takes.

I will however tell you this much….the same United States that is currently taking back the bulk of her armed forces, will be back with a vengeance tomorrow if deemed necessary. They’ll have an indefinite engagement in Afghanistan for many years to come and we actually like it that way.

I support Islam and Muslims Mr and Army has named this operation after sword of RASOOL SAW not they should also make sure government starts work on implementation shariah other wise don't cry if the war continues because this war will not end until our system is based of kufr
sharia will never happen in pakistan.
it seems as if your threatening pakistanis.
are you threatening us zarvan?

sharia will never happen in pakistan.
it seems as if your threatening pakistanis.
are you threatening us zarvan?
Shariah will happen either government will do it or it will be through the most bloody revolution and until than no can stop this war and if Shariah will not happen than the damage which will caused would be unbearable and traitors of ALLAH and his RASOOL and laws brought by him will either run away or they would be made history I don't threaten Pakistanis

Shariah will happen either government will do it or it will be through the most bloody revolution and until than no can stop this war and if Shariah will not happen than the damage which will caused would be unbearable and traitors of ALLAH and his RASOOL and laws brought by him will either run away or they would be made history I don't threaten Pakistanis
@Aeronaut you have a confessed terrorist on this forum.
ban this guy and his non sense. jus look at the stuff he is saying.

@Aeronaut you have a confessed terrorist on this forum.
ban this guy and his non sense. jus look at the stuff he is saying.
Shariah will be implemented the day it is done You will end support base of most of Taliban groups than two kind of groups will remain one who are just looking for revenge you compensate them apologize to them and than those who are funded by RAW and Mossad will remain taking them out will be lot easier than until than these groups will keep coming up @Aeronaut

Shariah will be implemented the day it is done You will end support base of most of Taliban groups than two kind of groups will remain one who are just looking for revenge you compensate them apologize to them and than those who are funded by RAW and Mossad will remain taking them out will be lot easier than until than these groups will keep coming up @Aeronaut

i see what your trying to say, but one thing still doesn't make sense.
what do we compensate the taliban for? what are we apologizing for?
you expect us to say to them
" hey sorry guys, we seek your forgiveness for making you kill us and bomb our schools an masjids"?
"we will compensate you with millions of dollars for all the money you spent on weapons attacking us"
are you kidding me zarvan?
how can we accept any of these pigs into society after what they did?

" hey sorry guys, we seek your forgiveness for making you kill us and bomb our schools an masjids"?
"we will compensate you with millions of dollars for all the money you spent on weapons attacking us"
You will apologize for first become allies of kufar and attacking them you started first and as state has to show bigger heart and apologize to your mistakes which you made under Musharraf Mr because of your stupid policies sectarian guys also got involved in this because every enemy of state was than taken friends when state turned against its own people and ideology

You will apologize for first become allies of kufar and attacking them you started first and as state has to show bigger heart and apologize to your mistakes which you made under Musharraf Mr because of your stupid policies sectarian guys also got involved in this because every enemy of state was than taken friends when state turned against its own people and ideology
you are brain washed to the point of no return my friend.

Than let the war continue and let the number reach from 50000 to 500000 war will continue you will have to yes slowly win their hearts you are a state and unfortunately state made blunders first so state has to now show bigger heart first

you are brain washed to the point of no return my friend.
Yes I am brain washed in my love for Islam and Muslims and than Pakistan thanks to ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW I don't betray them and the shariah they brought and will keep working to bring Shariah in Pakistan and make it a better state

Back
Top Bottom