What's new

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan: implications & next steps for Pakistan

What's the situation with refugees, will they come to Pakistan? Or will we keep the borders closed as Gov officials were previously saying ?

Its upto you to believe the TTP.

I don't.
Less so about believing TTP than the evidence, there has been images of him embracing members, there has been multiple reputable sources confirming the release and TTP spokesperson coming out as well. Compare that to when he was claimed to have been released there was 0 post information. So yeah the evidence speaks for itself.

Plus another question to ask is if he really was released back then why all the hubub now? It clearly doesn't make sense if he was released back in April as claimed by that Afghan statement.

References please
Despite the author of this article being not so great, this was a military sanctioned article that was allowed to go past the censor. Hamid Mir was one of many journalists including Fahd Humayun who met the Army chief that month and discussions were made on the evolving situation vis a vis Afghanistan as well as India as seen by both their articles. This purposeful leak was made to show the public in a more unofficial way the Military's position in regards to how it views the Taliban at the moment.

Regarding the 2 such incidents, if i manage to sift through my data and find it i'll post the 2 exact incidents however if memory serves me right one operation was against the KPF in Pakitia which failed and another against an ANDSF convoy which was successful though i cannot recall where. Both of which occurred earlier this year.

Despite the author of this article being not so great, this was a military sanctioned article that was allowed to go past the censor. Hamid Mir was one of many journalists including Fahd Humayun who met the Army chief that month and discussions were made on the evolving situation vis a vis Afghanistan as well as India as seen by both their articles. This purposeful leak was made to show the public in a more unofficial way the Military's position in regards to how it views the Taliban at the moment.

Regarding the 2 such incidents, if i manage to sift through my data and find it i'll post the 2 exact incidents however if memory serves me right one operation was against the KPF in Pakitia which failed and another against an ANDSF convoy which was successful though i cannot recall where. Both of which occurred earlier this year.
Simple: seal the border. And be on a lookout. Hit anyone and anything that tries to approach the border. And now that usa is gone, we can use our Airforce in afghanistan if we are targetted from there.

Considering the number of Indians I have encountered being stopped at boarding gates by US customs with them saying “Where is the money! Where is the rest of the money?” and them sweating away as they are interrogated on suspicion on laundering even though doesn’t everyone else carry money while traveling; is a basic case of the usual suspects and knowing character. In this case these people who were Afghan leadership were corrupt and the suspicion is a right

MOSCOW, Aug 16 (Reuters) - Russia's embassy in Kabul said on Monday that Afghan President Ashraf Ghani had fled the country with four cars and a helicopter full of cash and had to leave some money behind as it would not all fit in, the RIA news agency reported.

@MilSpec
@PanzerKiel

Question for Pakistanis here

Will Taliban victory in Afghanistan be a morale booster for those extremists in Pakistan who want to implement a stricter version of Islamic rule in Pak?
If yes, how do you think this will fare for Pakistan?

Any Pak support to Taliban govt will create trouble for Pak in FATF. So it will be tight rope to walk for Pak I believe.

Will Taliban victory in Afghanistan be a morale booster for those extremists in Pakistan who want to implement a stricter version of Islamic rule in Pak?

Any Pak support to Taliban govt will create trouble for Pak in FATF. So it will be tight rope to walk for Pak I believe.
Look around this forum...

FATF is a technical forum (at least on paper) for curbing money laundering and adding financial checks to curb terror financing. Whether Pakistan accepts Taliban govt or not has nothing to do with FATF.

About your question- it may cause issues in former Tribal areas at the most if they don’t get developed. Rest of Pakistan has seen a Taliban govt already in 90s. Indian PM would need to change, it wont be easy to carry out a Gujrat style genocide and demolish historic mosques and not deal with repercussions again.

FATF is a technical forum (at least on paper) for curbing money laundering and adding financial checks to curb terror financing. Whether Pakistan accepts Taliban govt or not has nothing to do with FATF.
Many Taliban leaders are recognized as terrorists by western powers. Anything more than an acknowledgement of their rule may be seen negatively by FATF.

Many Taliban leaders are recognized as terrorists by western powers. Anything more than an acknowledgement of their rule may be seen negatively by FATF.
Again FATF has nothing to do with that. Take Iran as an example - Iran is one of the few countries considered as an actual terrorist state, but India never had any problem investing there and doing business with them.

Why are there so many Indians lately. This is worrying. They are present on every thread. Dont they have their own forum.
They all are promoting a synchronized view point.

Back
Top Bottom