What's new

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan: implications & next steps for Pakistan

Simple: seal the border. And be on a lookout. Hit anyone and anything that tries to approach the border. And now that usa is gone, we can use our Airforce in afghanistan if we are targetted from there.
I mean, i hope it is possible that we can take the initiative against them to prevent their proliferation.

Question for Pakistanis here

Will Taliban victory in Afghanistan be a morale booster for those extremists in Pakistan who want to implement a stricter version of Islamic rule in Pak?
If yes, how do you think this will fare for Pakistan?

Any Pak support to Taliban govt will create trouble for Pak in FATF. So it will be tight rope to walk for Pak I believe.

The Pakistani army is not the ANA, the ISI is not the NDS. We will destroy the Taliban if they ever attempt to invade Pakistan- they know better.

If their is any military in the region which resembles the ANA/NDS it is The Gangedeshi army & RAW... poor training, weak morals, unprofessional airforce which misses its target and gets shot down, soldiers unwilling to fight and rather commit suicide etc... Hell I think the IA/IAF/IN is more untrained and will unfurl more quick under pressure than the ANA did.

Furthermore TTP will be hit in Afghanistan now- VIA UCAVS, fighter jets, cruise missiles, etc... or via covert operations by the ISI. Kashmirir & khalistani freedom fighters will now get a major boost via moral increase, training, and weapons left behind in afghanistan.

Again FATF has nothing to do with that. Take Iran as an example - Iran is one of the few countries considered as an actual terrorist state, but India never had any problem investing there and doing business with them.
Iran has never been involved in any terrorism (atleast not outside its borders). Only US, Israel and some Gulf countries are antagonistic to Iran. Even Europe wants the nuclear deal with Iran back on track.
The Pakistani army is not the ANA, the ISI is not the NDS. We will destroy the Taliban if they ever attempt to invade Pakistan- they know better.

If their is any military in the region which resembles the ANA/NDS it is The Gangedeshi army & RAW... poor training, weak morals, unprofessional airforce which misses its target and gets shot down, soldiers unwilling to fight and rather commit suicide etc... Hell I think the IA/IAF/IN is more untrained and will unfurl more quick under pressure than the ANA did.

Furthermore TTP will be hit in Afghanistan now- VIA UCAVS, fighter jets, cruise missiles, etc... or via covert operations by the ISI. Kashmirir & khalistani freedom fighters will now get a major boost via moral increase, training, and weapons left behind in afghanistan.
I am not saying that Taliban will invade Pakistan.
Pakistan has its fair share of extremists in the hinterland. They will get emboldened by Taliban victory.

Also, what we saw in Afghanistan was not that the Afghan forces were lacking in power, training or weaponry. They were rather unwilling to fight.

Pakistan Strategic Forum
@ForumStrategic

·
1h

It's actually India which has made it self irrelevant in Afghanistan by first trying to sabotage "Afghan Peace Deal" & then by joining "QUAD".

Quote Tweet

crhDruaa_normal.jpg

Pravin Sawhney

@PravinSawhney
· 2h
Indian analysts debating whether India should recognize Taliban government. Only 3 nations who matter in this for Taliban are Pak, China & Iran. They are onboard Period

Respect for Pakistan International Airlines Thank you PIA for making Pakistan proud. Pakistan Zindabad

Azam Jamil اعظم

@AzamJamil53
· 2h
A PIA Airbus was the last to take off from Kabul Airport. The Capt took off without ATC clearance behind two fighter jets as he felt that this was his last opportunity. Allhamdulillah the flight landed safely at Islamabad.

Respect for Pakistan International Airlines Thank you PIA for making Pakistan proud. Pakistan Zindabad

Azam Jamil اعظم

@AzamJamil53
· 2h
A PIA Airbus was the last to take off from Kabul Airport. The Capt took off without ATC clearance behind two fighter jets as he felt that this was his last opportunity. Allhamdulillah the flight landed safely at Islamabad.
What was the hurry for PIA? Pakistan claims to be a friend of Taliban. You could have flown later as well with full support and protection of Taliban.

and you can move back to Afghanistan with your favorite Taliban

How does it feel to have your arse kicked?
Why are there so many Indians lately. This is worrying. They are present on every thread. Dont they have their own forum.
They all are promoting a synchronized view point.

The mods should intervene. Unfortunately the mods are too lenient.

Eliminate these bastards and do it ASAP.

Iran has never been involved in any terrorism (atleast not outside its borders). Only US, Israel and some Gulf countries are antagonistic to Iran. Even Europe wants the nuclear deal with Iran back on track.

I am not saying that Taliban will invade Pakistan.
Pakistan has its fair share of extremists in the hinterland. They will get emboldened by Taliban victory.

Also, what we saw in Afghanistan was not that the Afghan forces were lacking in power, training or weaponry. They were rather unwilling to fight.

When has jamaat islami, JUI, etc ever engaged in terrorism or bombings within Pakistan? these are right winge fringe parties which have a voice in a democracy- via free and fair elections. Extremist elements being emboldened does necessarily mean their have to be terrorism. I def see islamist parties as well as the current PTI led by IK getting a major electoral boost due to the simple fact that IK and other Defence of Pakistan political elements have always been right and have been proven to be credible in their thinking.

The only elements which have targetted Pakistan is BLA & TTP. BLA has been decimated severely. Their routes into Pakistan have been cut off and their leadership assisinated by the Taliban. Sure, I agree with you in the short term TTP will get a major boost. The Afghan taliban in the moment thought it was tactically best for them to free all prisoners without checking their backgrounds leading to many ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and TTP fighters being freed.

ISI & Taliban will most likely start targetting such figures and filtering them out. Its a wack a mole process.

Opinion: The debacle in Afghanistan
The Wall Street Journal

"Many Afghan troops are fighting bravely, but they lack the air support that has been their main military advantage. Mr Biden blundered in withdrawing all US air power from the country, including private contractors who assist the Afghan air force in maintaining helicopters and planes. The contractors are now literally having to assist via Zoom calls, while the US military flies too few sorties from the Persian Gulf region to slow the Taliban.

The White House has failed to understand what’s happening, with leaks saying the Administration is surprised by the Taliban assault. Surprised? The military warned Mr Biden and so did US intelligence. The Taliban began this offensive on May 1, two weeks after Mr Biden announced his withdrawal, aiming for the symbolic date of Sept. 11."

Opinion: Withdrawing from Afghanistan makes sense, but Biden's execution is a disaster
USA Today

"As a combat veteran, President Biden’s disastrous withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan alarms me.

Withdrawing our troops from Afghanistan is not wrong – it’s long overdue. In 2014, after 13 years, we ended our combat mission. It should have ended years earlier, after we defeated the Taliban elements that harbored those responsible for 9/11.

After years of arrogant nation-building efforts, President Trump’s 2020 ceasefire agreement with the Taliban finally set the right course. We’ve lost thousands of American lives and spent nearly $200 billion helping the Afghan government build an army to defend their country against the Taliban. Now is the time for the Afghan army to do just that."

This 2011 file photo shows then-US vice president Joe Biden speak with US soldiers at a US base in Afghanistan's Maidan Shar Wardak province. — AFP

This 2011 file photo shows then-US vice president Joe Biden speak with US soldiers at a US base in Afghanistan's Maidan Shar Wardak province. — AFP

Time will sort it out. The 5th column is the new terrorist group that Pakistan should worry about, if an understanding develops between IEA and Pakistan its their end, PTM Achakzai/Kakar and the remaining TTP NDS/RAW group and ISIS are the same. They will carryout attacks in Pakistan and try to sabotage relation between IEA and Pakistan. The media propaganda campaign has already started.

If Afghan Taliban are successful in implementing a genuine Islamic system in Afghanistan and when it start bearing fruit, movement in Pakistan for a replica system will eventually start. I wonder how the landay kay liberals or kadthay ingrez will handle it then - mass exodus I hope.

Back
Top Bottom