What's new

Taliban seize 22 Pak Paramilitary forces

I have to wonder how this happens? This isn't the first time is it? When the war started an entire company surrendered to the Taliban. Recently 17 frontier corps surrendered and each other them were killed. I don't know what is wrong with these people. How can they just allow themselves to get captured?

We refuse to take action... bands of 200-400 militants travelling don't attract attention I suppose? The army policy is wrong. Until there is an operation it sits in its cosy little check-posts and watches. I don't know what the hell is wrong. I think people are right when they say we have a lack of will to fight these cowards.

Do you know at what time the attacks occured? nobody feels the need to wake up at 2am in mountainous areas to check them

Do the Taliban raise demands for the release of surrendered soldiers and policemen, or do they just execute them? I happened to see a couple brutal execution videos in youtube of these captured soldiers and they were horrifying, they just line them up and shoot them - what really riles me is they take the name of God and shout Allah O Akbar while killing them, bringing in God while commiting such heinous acts on fellow Muslims.

Depends on their mood. Many times they have demanded release of their men and hot what they wanted but that didn't come in news. Sometimes when the demands are not met or they are in revenge mode, they execute.

I just saw on geo a new video has been released by ttp offering peace. Maybe this will be a bargaining chip. Whatever happens, I hope peace is restored in Pakistan and we get a good islamic system sms get rid of terrorists, top politician and corrupt generals

I have to wonder how this happens? This isn't the first time is it? When the war started an entire company surrendered to the Taliban. Recently 17 frontier corps surrendered and each other them were killed. I don't know what is wrong with these people. How can they just allow themselves to get captured?
What else can they do when they run out of ammo?Without timely reinforcement,their only option is to surrender.

We refuse to take action... bands of 200-400 militants travelling don't attract attention I suppose? The army policy is wrong. Until there is an operation it sits in its cosy little check-posts and watches. I don't know what the hell is wrong. I think people are right when they say we have a lack of will to fight these cowards.

Do you remember taliban coming in 10-15 SUVs and attacking a prison,attack ranges for some 3 hours by which they blows up locks and release whomever they want(Including the one who was on death row for attack on COAS),and happily leave the area in their convoy..All this happened when there were 4 Pak army posts within 5km radius.There is something fundamentally wrong in existing system for providing reinforcements to troops under attack..Apart from the obvious loss of life,this will seriously affect morale of troops especially FC.

Prisoners have been beheaded.

Where did this incident occurred, militants hide out?? If it is in Pakistan then it should be bombed and those TTP scums should be taken out!

Where did this incident occurred, militants hide out?? If it is in Pakistan then it should be bombed and those TTP scums should be taken out!

Correspondent says the security personnel have been shot dead and their bodies have been abandoned in Hasan Khel area of FR Peshawar.

He says that political officials and members of local Jirga were sent to the area to retrieve the bodies. All the bodies have been identified and families of the victims have been informed about the killings.

The proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan have claimed responsibility for the killings of security officials.

Hundreds of militants had stormed a Levies check-post in FR Peshawar, killing two and abducting 23 others. Whereabouts of the two remaining soldiers were yet to be known.

The killings came a day after Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud said in a video message the militants were willing to negotiate a ceasefire deal. However, he refused to disarm.

we need to get out of this war on terror...this endless war will destory our economy,our people,our army...

What else can they do when they run out of ammo?Without timely reinforcement,their only option is to surrender.

I think being killed by a bullet is better than being beheaded .

Do you remember taliban coming in 10-15 SUVs and attacking a prison,attack ranges for some 3 hours by which they blows up locks and release whomever they want(Including the one who was on death row for attack on COAS),and happily leave the area in their convoy..All this happened when there were 4 Pak army posts within 5km radius.There is something fundamentally wrong in existing system for providing reinforcements to troops under attack..Apart from the obvious loss of life,this will seriously affect morale of troops especially FC.

I have said this before also even posted a doc where the baloch rebels roam around armed to the teeth in open pickup trucks...dont know why but all those posts got deleted for some reason...hope this one stays

Once again proven that Pakistan needs to take over Afghanistan , otherwise these `Gangs`of 100-200 people will keep wondering into Pakistan and stealing and plundering like mercenaries that they are

The plain areas of Afghanistan including Kabul need to be controlled by Pakistani Forces, and then Mountains need to be patroled permenently by `Drones made in Pakistan`

Permenent solution

Go in 10,000-20,000 troops , 100 Tanks , 100 APC - Take all the plain grounds, and put drones to protect anyone from travelling on the mountain regions

You have to fight venom with venom

Once again proven that Pakistan needs to take over Afghanistan , otherwise these `Gangs`of 100-200 people will keep wondering into Pakistan and stealing and plundering like mercenaries that they are

The plain areas of Afghanistan including Kabul need to be controlled by Pakistani Forces, and then Mountains need to be patroled permenently by `Drones made in Pakistan`

Permenent solution

Go in 10,000-20,000 troops , 100 Tanks , 100 APC - Take all the plain grounds, and put drones to protect anyone from travelling on the mountain regions

You have to fight venom with venom

your suggestion only does look good on paper...
when it comes to reality...its never that easy to take out all the taliban power with use of power...

see how USA along with other nato countries have been striving hard and still they dont even hold 30% of the whole afghanistan...and now actually they want to negotiate..

what i want to say is that power and force is not the solution...the more you will try to use the force more they will send suicide bombers into pakistan...

The ones who have kidnapped and killed the ParaMils, are these the Good Taliban or the Bad Taliban ?

Yeah....I suggested Karan. Thanks for reminding. :D
But I don't like this news. I won't say in same manner they reacted on that thread and I am pretty sure karan won't do it so too.

I have full respect for Pakistani soldiers. Even the ones who fought India in all the 4 wars. Who I dont have any respect for, are the elite(sometimes) Pakistani morons on this forum who score cheap points by bringing off topic references to Indian soldiers' deaths, even in threads where they dont make any sense. And just because they have a remote connection to Pakistani army, they get away with it.

btw, their nonsense has no linkage to the Karma of these fine Pakistani soldiers who are doing their duty in most difficult circumstances. And yes, I will not fall to their(Elite Morons') level.

Taliban shoot dead 21 Pakistani soldiers: officials - Channel NewsAsia

PESHAWAR: Taliban militants have shot dead 21 Pakistani soldiers who they had kidnapped in raids on two camps outside Peshawar in the troubled northwest of the country, officials said Sunday.

Around 200 militants, armed with heavy weapons including mortars and rocket launchers, stormed the government paramilitary camps before dawn on Thursday, killing two security personnel and kidnapping 23.

Officials said the bodies of 21 security personnel had been discovered in the wilderness not far from the camps, their hands tied before they were shot. Two others -- one wounded and one unhurt -- were also found.

The camps are outside Peshawar, the main city of northwest Pakistan, close to the restive tribal areas that border Afghanistan, which are regarded as havens for Taliban and Al-Qaeda linked militants.

"We found 21 bullet riddled bodies of security personnel a short while ago in an uninhabited area," local government official Naveed Akbar told AFP.

"One was found alive but wounded and admitted to hospital while another managed to escape unhurt."

Gul Shehzad, another government official, said authorities received information just before midnight that some bodies were lying in the wilderness, within about four kilometres of the camps.

"The hands of soldiers were tied with rope before they were shot," Shehzad told AFP.

He said Taliban militants had accepted the responsibility for the kidnappings.

In August, the Pakistani Taliban released a video showing what appeared to be the severed heads of a dozen soldiers, after the military said 15 troops had gone missing following fighting with militants in the Bajaur tribal district.

There has been a surge in attacks in northwest Pakistan in the past two weeks, including a suicide bombing on a political meeting in Peshawar on Saturday that killed Bashir Bilour, the second top politician in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for that attack, saying Bilour, an outspoken critic of the militants, was assassinated in revenge for the death of one of the movement's "elders".

Pakistan has lost more than 3,000 soldiers in the fight against homegrown insurgents but has resisted US pressure to do more to eliminate havens used by those fighting the Americans in Afghanistan.

Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud said his organisation could be open to talks with Islamabad in a video released Friday, but poured scorn on the idea his men would give up their guns.

Mehsud, who has a US$5 million US government bounty on his head, said the militant group would consider negotiations with the Pakistani government but only if it abandoned ties with Washington.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom