What's new

Taliban seize 22 Pak Paramilitary forces

Taliban seize 22 Pak paratroopers

PESHAWAR: The Pakistani Taliban have seized at least 22 men from a regional paramilitary force in attacks on three checkpoints in northern Pakistan, a regional official said on Thursday.
Taliban and other Pakistani sources put the figure at 30. The raids close to the provincial capital of Peshawar follows two high-profile attacks in the city this month, underlining the Taliban's willingness to take on the Pakistani state amid speculation of divisions among senior Talibani leadership.
At least 22 men were missing, two had been killed and one was injured after militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades and rifles launched the overnight attacks, said Naveed Akbar, a regional official whose remit covers the Levies, or tribal force, units.
Eight of the paramilitary soldiers have been killed, Taliban spokesman Mohammed Afridi said in Khyber agency, or region. He said the group had captured 30 soldiers. Another spokesman, Ihsanullah Ihsan, said 33 were taken.
However, military sources said no soldiers or police were missing.

The kidnappings follow a daring suicide attack on Peshawar airport and a bombing that killed a senior politician and eight others at a political rally in the city earlier this month.
It was not immediately clear whether the uptick in attacks was connected to speculation that the head of the Pakistani Taliban, Hakimullah Mehsud, is losing control to his deputy.
There are many divisions within the group. One main point of contention is whether to focus on attacking US forces in Afghanistan or the military in Pakistan.

Terror outfit outlines riders for truce

The Pakistani Taliban have outlined conditions for a ceasefire, including the adoption of Islamic law and a break with the United States, a spokesman said on Thursday, an offer a senior government official described as "preposterous". The outfit, in a letter sent to The News, also demanded that Pakistan stop its involvement in the war pitting Afghan insurgents against the Kabul government and refocus on a war of "revenge" against India. Responding to the letter a government official said, "They are a bunch of criminals... No one can take such an offer or terms seriously. The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is not a proper entity, certainly not one any government can negotiate with."

Taliban seize 22 Pak paratroopers - The Times of India

Firstly
Liars..... accept the happening and do something to resolve..........then living in eternal denial like always

Secondly
Its an official confirmation from the horses mouth that pakistan state is involved in Anti India activites in so called "Revenge against India":D

Incorrect, apparently it is at least 22 policemen that have been captured after Taliban struck with heavy weapons on their outposts. Security forces are conducting a search operation to recover the personnel. Two policemen were killed in gun battle with TTP, brave men I can only imagine what they saw and felt when they realized they were about to enter into armed battle this early morning.

Pakistan seriously needs a huge fleet of Armed Drones to protect the Western border from Khyber to Balochistan & the orders should be shoot to kill nothing less.

I hope some major steps are been taken to buy these Armed Drones from China.

Pakistan is already on the verge of developing its own fleet of UCAV, not sure when they will be operational. Though yes UCAVs will help and constant patrolling and surveillance of all outposts and nearby areas is a priority.

RIP.... Imagine the state of the family of those 22 para military troops...... Hope they are released soon....

Why the hell would you bring Gorkhas into this discussion?

they are not killed but kidnapped. shmaeful. Pakistani terrorists are better trained than their police

i think you havent read this post of an Indian member..and I replied him.anyway kisse samjha rha hun ap to Indians k is forum main utha k rakhte ho..aur ainda beech main moo marne ki zarorat nahi..take care Allah hafiz

they are not killed but kidnapped. shmaeful. Pakistani terrorists are better trained than their police

i think you havent read this post of an Indian member..and I replied him.anyway kisse samjha rha hun ap to Indians k is forum main utha k rakhte ho..aur ainda beech main moo marne ki zarorat nahi..take care Allah hafiz

These militants have battle experience and are heavily armed, the police are not trained for this type of armed combat or counter-insurgency operations for that matter. Though in my opinion if we're going to put policemen in that area they have to be trained and armed for this kind of situation. As for police these guys in my opinion must have surrendered after the heavy barrage, they are foolish to think TTP is going to release them unharmed should have fought it out to the last bullet, but one report indicted TTP had seized police weapons in the attack so maybe the remaining policemen who were kidnapped may not have been able to fire back.

the TTP et al must be one of the mos sophisticated outfits in the world, unbelievably sophisticated given their record of attacks and what they have pulled off.

this is ofcourse synchronous with the foreign elements flooding into pakistan for many years, therefore surely cannot be JUST the natives, something is giving them extra wind in their sail, this is almost the case in EVERY terrorist organization that has existed in recent times.

either that or pakistan's defences are worse than your worst banana republic, very probably at high level there are people within the pakistani establishment complicit in this

Pakistan is already on the verge of developing its own fleet of UCAV, not sure when they will be operational. Though yes UCAVs will help and constant patrolling and surveillance of all outposts and nearby areas is a priority.

Pakistan is facing problems preparing the armed drones, if they are under development then let them be but for now Pakistan urgently needs armed drones to protect the borders from cross terrorism, rented man power supply & weapon supply. The order should be shoot at sight nothing less.

not just better trained.
Better armed, larger numbers, dirty tactics.

well it seems pakistan has more number of terrorists than police usually its other way round in peaceful countries

You know full well the answer to expect from us.
In a few hours, mods will be all over this thread.

I suggest you troll carefully.

levies is a force raised from tribes which is supported & funded by the Pak-Government for safety of the tribal regions

not a soldier or policemen

Pak Taleban capture 22 troopers

not so sure officer says 22......taliban spokesman says 30 another spokesman of the same organization says 33

here's what the link says....................

PESHAWAR - The Pakistani Taleban have seized at least 22 men from a regional paramilitary force in attacks on three checkpoints in northern Pakistan, a regional official said on Thursday.

Taleban and other Pakistani sources put the number higher.

The raids close to the provincial capital of Peshawar follows two high-profile attacks in the city this month, underlining the Taleban’s willingness to take on the Pakistani state amid speculation of divisions among senior Talebani leadership.

At least 22 men were missing, two had been killed and one was injured after militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades and rifles launched the overnight attacks, said Naveed Akbar, a regional official whose remit covers the Levies, or tribal force, units.

Other Pakistani officials said at least 30 men had been taken, a figure echoed by Taleban spokesmen.

Eight of the paramilitary soldiers have been killed, Taleban spokesman Mohammed Afridi said in Khyber agency, or region. He said the group had captured 30 soldiers. Another spokesman, Ihsanullah Ihsan, said 33 were taken.

Military sources said no soldiers or police were missing. The Levies is a force raised from the tribes and supported by the Pakistani government.

The kidnappings follow a daring suicide attack on Peshawar airport and a bombing that killed a senior politician and eight others at a political rally in the city earlier this month.

It was not immediately clear whether the uptick in attacks was connected to speculation that the head of the Pakistani Taleban, Hakimullah Mehsud, is losing control to his deputy.

Some sources are claiming that more than 200 militants attacked the check points

Damn dudes 22 is a large number. RIP

There were three attacks on three Levi posts last night

In the first attack 2 sepoys embrassed shahdat while 11 Levi persons were missing

in the second attack check post burnt and damaged. pick up weapons stolen and 11 Levi persons are also missing.

in the third attack no lose of life property occured.

Main issue viz a viz all these in the past as well as currently is the lack of back up and reinforcment in time.

Pakistan needs to overcome this shortcoming

I have to wonder how this happens? This isn't the first time is it? When the war started an entire company surrendered to the Taliban. Recently 17 frontier corps surrendered and each other them were killed. I don't know what is wrong with these people. How can they just allow themselves to get captured?

We refuse to take action... bands of 200-400 militants travelling don't attract attention I suppose? The army policy is wrong. Until there is an operation it sits in its cosy little check-posts and watches. I don't know what the hell is wrong. I think people are right when they say we have a lack of will to fight these cowards.

I don't understand why they surrender.
been catched by TTP means die anyway.
they should fight till last blood.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom