What's new

Taliban "kill couple in public"

s90

Reaction score
I thought Afghan Taliban were 'good' who are fighting foreign forces. :wave:

16 August, 2010.

A man and a woman who allegedly had an adulterous affair have been stoned and killed in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz.

The punishment happened in a crowded bazaar on Sunday in the Taliban-controlled village of Mullah Quli.

The Taliban have not commented on the public killing, but it was confirmed by local officials and witnesses.

This month the Taliban also reportedly flogged and killed a pregnant widow in western Baghdis province.

Mohammad Ayub, the governor of Imam Sahib district in Kunduz, told the BBC on Monday: "The Taliban brought them to the local bazaar.

"They stoned them because they were accused of adultery. There was a big crowd of people who watched.''

Two witnesses from Mullah Quli told the BBC that the Taliban asked the villagers to attend the stoning through an announcement on loudspeakers in the mosque.

"There was a big crowd of people," one witness said. "The Taliban made the women wear black clothes and the men were made to stand. The Taliban started throwing stones.

"We were also asked to throw stones. After a while, the Taliban left. The woman was dead but the man was still alive.

"Some Taliban then came and shot him three times. The Taliban warned villagers if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.''

BBC News - Taliban 'kill adulterous Afghan couple' in marketplace

Some freedom fighters and defenders of Islam they are :whistle:

These kind of people should be burned alive so that others will get a lesson not to indulge in this kind of cruelty..

Would be Interesting to hear some of the Pakistani members who keep supporting and planning for installing Taliban in Afghanistan (after US leaves). Would they wish the same people to rule in Pakistan too?

Let's just get a visual of where this happened. According to most of the maps I have seen this area should have less Taliban influence. The Germans are in charge of this area still ?

138P0775-fig2-eng.jpg

afghanmap3.jpg

afghanistanmap2.gif

Afgh-security-map-red.JPG

I suggest we start looking at the tactical , strategic and political implications of a Taliban resurgence and not have to bring Islam into each and every Taliban thread, we all know by now they are practicing a distorted local version of Islam that suits their stranglehold on power/control/drug trade.

why BBC managed to organise only two witness?
After all their should be whole village watching this?
How does the said witness reached BBC?

When it comes to witness credibility, i can speak of events which unfolded in middle of Pakistan cities witnessed by 1000 educated people but incidents failed to make their way to BBC news?

It is all shadow game.... considering all Afghanistan survive on food, bullets and petrol transiting through Pakistan, such elements cannot thrive on their own.

I thought Afghan Taliban were 'good' who are fighting foreign forces. :wave:

16 August, 2010.

A man and a woman who allegedly had an adulterous affair have been stoned and killed in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz.

The punishment happened in a crowded bazaar on Sunday in the Taliban-controlled village of Mullah Quli.

The Taliban have not commented on the public killing, but it was confirmed by local officials and witnesses.

This month the Taliban also reportedly flogged and killed a pregnant widow in western Baghdis province.

Mohammad Ayub, the governor of Imam Sahib district in Kunduz, told the BBC on Monday: "The Taliban brought them to the local bazaar.

"They stoned them because they were accused of adultery. There was a big crowd of people who watched.''

Two witnesses from Mullah Quli told the BBC that the Taliban asked the villagers to attend the stoning through an announcement on loudspeakers in the mosque.

"There was a big crowd of people," one witness said. "The Taliban made the women wear black clothes and the men were made to stand. The Taliban started throwing stones.

"We were also asked to throw stones. After a while, the Taliban left. The woman was dead but the man was still alive.

"Some Taliban then came and shot him three times. The Taliban warned villagers if anyone does anything un-Islamic, this will be their fate.''

BBC News - Taliban 'kill adulterous Afghan couple' in marketplace

I am really very sorry bro, if you are surprised, but according to "sharia" islamic law, u must stoned every person who have sexual relation,before marriage !!!!

Would be Interesting to hear some of the Pakistani members who keep supporting and planning for installing Taliban in Afghanistan (after US leaves). Would they wish the same people to rule in Pakistan too?

hello,

Sir i am still supporting afgan talibans,let me explain you why :
-Perhaps you think ,what they "talibans" have done is very barbaric, but i am really very sorry ,because according to islamic law, call sharia, you stone still death , every person in your society(muslim society) who have sexual relation before marriage !!!
-And 2nd, yes we want an islamic law in pakistan(sharia) !! and tell me what's wrong whit afgan talibans?

Afganistan is an islamic country so they use islamic law !!! very simple :police:

regard

Sorry for all those who don't undersatnd my english, i am a french born pakistani ,so i have a littel problem with english ;)

@ Momin , Your Signature -

kudi ko kar bland itna kei, kuda bandai sei khud poochay bta teri rza kya hai...

Kudi means Girl
Kuda means garbage/crap

It should be Khudi (self) and Khuda (God).

Khudi ko kar buland itna ki Khuda bande se poochhay ki teri raza kya hai
It means ''make your will so stronger that even God should ask you for your consent before making any decisions about your life" or GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES.

and welcome to PDF.

@ Momin , Your Signature -

Kudi means Girl
Kuda means garbage/crap

It should be Khudi (self) and Khuda (God).

Khudi ko kar buland itna ki Khuda bande se poochhay ki teri raza kya hai
It means ''make your will so stronger that even God should ask you for your consent before making any decisions about your life" or GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES.

and welcome to PDF.

:smitten: thanks dude !!

Sir i am still supporting afgan talibans,[/B]let me explain you why :

Ur love for Taliban notwithstanding - please dont say this in public in France. :disagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom