What's new

Taliban kidnap 29 Pakistani police and FC

My Friend there is a proxy war going on in this reagion in which every body is participating with full enthusiasm.
Every body feels happy over the loos of its enemy.
Wether its Russian,China - West scenario
Iran - Israel scenario
or Pakistan - India scenario
All are commen to some extent.

My friend, wake up and smell the roses; this proxy war has cost Pakistan everything and has turned it into a gangrenous entity susceptible to tin pot dictatorships, surviving on a begging bowl economy and is a scourge upon the civilized world. Madeline Albright might consider Pakistan to be an international migraine, but for the immediate region which houses almost a quarter of humanity it is a malignant brain tumor.

Last edited:
My friend, wake up and smell the roses; this proxy war has cost Pakistan everything and has turned it into a gangrenous entity susceptible to tin pot dictatorships, surviving on a begging bowl economy and is a scourge upon the civilized world. Madeline Albright might consider Pakistan to be an international migraine, but for the immediate region which houses almost a quarter of humanity it is a malignant brain tumor.

You might want to watch your words there, biased little prick.

We are already smelling the roses and our eyes are opening now, the terrorist state of India is actively supporting terrorism inside Pakistan and is trying to break up our country. But these efforts will only fail and strengthen our unity; as far as our economy is concerned an Indian should definitely not call our economy a begging bowl considering the fact that 75% of India's population live below $2 a day.

"I don't think it is as simple as that.Being non-functional is not the same as acknowledging the obvious limitations of operating in a limited visibility environment without appropriate equipment, which is what any good battalion commander would do, particularly when his priority is in achieving the mission objectives and the well-being of his men."

And you know those mission objectives I presume? Kasrkin, for what branch of the military do you serve and at what rank, if you don't mind?

"I won’t be asking my men to advance on a minefield or an enemy position at night without NVGs (and certainly not on a full moon) unless given the most explicit orders..."

Quit posturing for the audience. A.M. and you have acknowledged the limitations to the extent that you obfuscate with false insinuation my expectation that soldiers march blindly at night through minefields and enemy positions.

I've written nothing of the sort. That doesn't obviate the responsibility of an infantry commander from platoon on up to dominate his area of operations 24/7. I didn't say "share" nor "co-exist". As mentioned earlier security, combat, reconnaissance, and counter-reconnaissance are basic missions of the infantry and are performed at any time-or are they?

I also suggested-missed by you- that plenty of equipment exists in the marketplace that may be more than adequate to the task at hand. It wasn't even acknowledged.

"...but if that makes me a bad battalion commander according to some, then so be it."

Straw man argument that avoids the essential question of whether an infantry unit surrenders the night in the absence of NVGs.

"I don't think any battalion becomes truly 'non-functional' just because of NVGs, they do however loose the much needed edge at night. That’s the difference between life and death, success and failure."

Is it really the only difference to an infantry unit operating successfully at night? I don't think so. The militants aren't abundantly equipped with such and seem to operate at night...and do so offensively. They aren't simply setting into ambushes at dusk. They move about to various objectives under the cloak of darkness and do so evidently assured of little impedence by your armed forces.

No. Armed forces have fought at night since the dawn of man. There's nothing to suggest these militants hold a technological edge on the army but they certainly hold a decisive morale advantage.

this proxy war has cost Pakistan everything and has turned it into a gangrenous entity susceptible to tin pot dictatorships, surviving on a begging bowl economy and is a scourge upon the civilized world.

The only 'scourges' in the world are nations like India, that blatantly lie, and deceitfully snivel and beg for international arbitration, as did India in 1948 in the UN, only to back-stab those who embarked upon that diplomatic means of dispute resolution by unilaterally rejecting bilateral and international agreements.

And then people like you have the gall to point fingers at Pakistan. Implement your own obligations first, apologize for and rectify the damage done to Pakistan in 1971, apologize for the attempts to get the Afghans involved in the Pashtunistan movement in the late forties and early fifties, and then and only then can an Indian have the moral and ethical standing to tell a Pakistani that which you have.

Last edited:
I am absolutely astounded by the magnitude of mental gymnastics displayed by some of the posters here who are obviously intelligent and capable of basic reasoning.

This Pakistani position of blaming India's unwarranted belligerence, aggressive posturing etc. for not being able to clamp down on the prolific domestic terrorism is nothing short of ludicrous. Furthermore, this vignette of the ever present "threat" looming over Pakistan manifesting in the form of deceitful "dramas" orchestrated by India to "discredit" Pakistan in some "game" of one oneupmanship is inherently flawed, downright delusional and in many ways comical. And to then use that as an excuse to shirk away from the primary issue which is responsible for setting off this cascade in the first place is an affront to basic intelligence.

Let me see, all you have done here is just offer rambling prose with absolutely zilch in the way of reasoning to back it up - rubbish would be an appropriate word to describe the above.

There was no insinuation of 'drama' in any of my posts, perhaps you feel that to be the case. And this game of 'discrediting Pakistan' is exactly what India has been on since the Mumbai attacks - and it has been clearly pointed out how, with facts pointing out the GoI's hypocrisy, contradictions and belligerence, despite Pakistani efforts to cooperate, and for that you have offered no reasoned or factual rebuttal.

Of course you can't - becasue you know the arguments are true, and you know deep down that the GoI is a sniveling perfidious entity, but your prejudice and connections to India refuse to let you do anythign other that attack Pakistan to cover India's faults.

I have quite clearly laid out exactly why India's position was one of belligerence, irresponsibility, hostility and warmongering. It really does stake some 'mental gymnastics' to try and rebut all of that by just resorting to the phrase 'mental gymnastics'.

This isn't some hypothetical cold war game between two adversaries entrenched at the border eying at each other through their respective gunsights... BOMBS ARE GOING OFF, there are endless border incursions, territorial invasions; meticulously crafted terrorist attacks with specific strategic goals orchestrated with impressive precision and shameless impunity under the banner of a border conflict but carefully aimed at key financial and cultural soft targets to derail the growing economy and make impressions upon domestic and foreign policy. And all of this is a one way flow emanating from Pakistan and culminating in India.

The completely understandable and justified reaction we see from India (the recipient of the never ending acts of terrorism and subterfuge originating from Pakistan) isn't a detractor to Pakistan's terrorism problem, but rather a direct result of it. And based on everything I am currently witnessing in terms of dialog in the academic, policymaking and diplomatic circles, this fact is now clear to virtually everyone in the international community (albeit that it has taken so long to come to this consensus is truly lamentable). Denying, deflecting and obfuscating this crystal clear issue by the Pakistani camp is reprehensible and a very poor reflection of it's leadership who presumably represent the general ethos of their nation.
Hogwash - the 'flow' here, of drugs, resources, weapons and men extends all the way from Eastern Europe, Russia, the CAR's in one direction, and even more cannon fodder from Africa and the Middle East from another. They confluence in Pakistan, and it is we who have paid the highest price while trying to control the onslaught. Your pathetic attempts to paint India as the 'great victim' at the mercy of Pakistan are just that, absurd and pathetic.

You and many other Indians, including that reprehensible treacherous tumor called the GoI, are so blinded with hate for Pakistan and your desire to pin the blame at Pakistan and only Pakistan's doorstep, that the you have blinkers on. Given that you have shown yourself to be intelligent at other times, I can only assume that these are deliberate blinkers as a consequence of your prejudice.

Indeed, we are to somehow believe the absurd Indian theory that Pakistani institutions willfully wanted a bunch of Westerners shot in India, despite the fact that it was crystal clear India would blame such an attack on Pakistan, as she has done every other time, and for what purpose? Oh yes, the even more absurd theory of 'destroying a growing economy'. Feed your nonsensical fairy tales to someone else.

One of the main reasons why the Pakistani armed forces are having such a difficult time dealing with this is because there isn't yet a clear consensus on eradicating terrorism from the Pakistani collective in its entirety. The people who are now supposedly the enemy were not too long ago clients of the state raised and supported for a common goal. Now that the Pakistani establishment is trying to "turn its back" on them on account of international pressure there is a lot of confusion.

And at the core of this confusion lies the inescapable fact that there are no "good terrorists" and "bad terrorists" and there are limitations to bestowing the first title upon anyone who supposedly limits their killing to Indians.
Only Indian soldiers raping, killing and occupying Kashmiris. When India implements her international and bilateral obligations under the UNSC resolutions and Instrument of Partition, she will have a right to complain, until then she is illegally occupying a people in violation of UNSC resolutions, and those people have a right to fight that occupation.

The Kashmiri Freedom movement has nothing to do with this 'confusion' - the issue now is solely one of applying the right numbers, training, equipment and political solution to the problems. In that regard the hostility with India, her belligerence and warmongering and the unresolved dispute of Kashmir play a significant role in what we can deploy in the near term.

The 'mental gymnastics' being performed here are all India, as she tries to somehow make a disputed territory - that India and Pakistan have fought three wars over, almost gone to war a few other times, sponsored proxies in Afghanistan for, sponsored insurgencies in the other nation for, that are the major cause for hundreds of thousands of troops facing each other and that both continue to claim - somehow 'irrelevant'.

Last edited:
And you know those mission objectives I presume?

Yup, they could be to relieve an outpost under siege or achieve an element of surprise over the enemy by crossing enemy patrolled or manned territory. Even static defense can be severely hampered by lack of NVGs.

…for what branch of the military do you serve and at what rank, if you don't mind?

I don’t see how that has any bearing here. Particularly since you’d note that I, unlike you, never refer to time in service I may or may not have as a way of authenticating my views or knowledge. You can choose to agree or disagree based on what I have to say here, and I never said that I’m privy to anything you’re not.

A.M. and you have acknowledged the limitations to the extent that you obfuscate with false insinuation my expectation that soldiers march blindly at night through minefields and enemy positions…

I wouldn’t dare to. Unless you can attribute inaccuracy to anything me or AM might have said, I don’t see why you’re getting so worked up. You’re the one who made a loose statement about ‘relieving’ commanders who deem their forces ‘non-functional’, I pointed out very reasonably that things are hardly ever that extreme but there is merit in the argument that lack of NVGs can be a real constrain. Then I went ahead as to point out some objectives that I do deem unachievable without the said equipment.

Straw man argument that avoids the essential question of whether an infantry unit surrenders the night in the absence of NVGs…

I can see how he might be encouraged to surrender, perhaps critically so. Lack of visibility or NVGs for he and his men could explain how the enemy was able to get close enough to achieve entry of the outpost in overwhelming numbers, making resistance futile or merely symbolic.

I won’t for a second try to excuse the fact that these men were not reinforced in a timely manner. But I don’t think the seriousness of their situation should be underestimated either. Flares can run out pretty quickly in a persistent or prolonged engagement, and NVGs are always better for this sort of thing.

I also suggested-missed by you- that plenty of equipment exists in the marketplace that may be more than adequate to the task at hand…

I don’t feel this was the case as far as NVGs were concerned. I could look into it, but NVGs are a fairly complicated and expensive piece of kit. These 30 front line police and FC men might easily not have been issued, or they might’ve run out of batteries any time before the final Taliban assault. They were under siege after all, but the question as to why they weren’t reinforced is another matter entirely.

Why do I feel the need to ask you to calm down everytime we have a discussion…
Are we clear now?

And all of this is a one way flow emanating from Pakistan and culminating in India.

I think you fail to appreciate the fact that terrorism is not a Pakistani or even a Muslim monopoly. India has proven itself more than capable of indulging in sponsorship of subversive and destructive terrorist groups. It is easy to argue that India is just desperately trying to ride the high waves of the global WoT oriented towards Muslim terrorists as a means of conveniently gaining leverage over Pakistan.

The completely understandable and justified reaction we see from India (the recipient of the never ending acts of terrorism and subterfuge originating from Pakistan)

I don’t recall the British reacting with such menace and overt hostility in reaction to the 7/7 attacks. India's long term rivalry and distaste for Pakistan is a major factor behind their conduct, which in itself, as I hope you'll agree, only helps the terrorists and their agendas. I don’t recall the Americans threatening to invade Saudi Arabia after 9/11 either. There is more to this than reasonable indignation as far as the Indian reaction is concerned. There is not one Pakistani leader who hasn’t condemned the Mumbai attacks and its perpetrators; on the other hand there is barely any Indian leader who hasn’t condemned Pakistan for alleged involvement. There is a serious imbalance in the respective diplomatic and military muscles of the two countries, and India simply seeks to capitalize on that even if it is through blatant coercion. Most Pakistanis see this and respond accordingly, and we are forever condemned to same stereotypical cycle of hate and distrust.

And at the core of this confusion lies the inescapable fact that there are no "good terrorists" and "bad terrorists" and there are limitations to bestowing the first title upon anyone who supposedly limits their killing to Indians.

I would like you to understand that Pakistanis don’t consider all Muslims engaging in unconventional forms of warfare ‘terrorists’. We consider those who target civilians as policy terrorists i.e. AQ, TTP, BLA and whoever was responsible for the Mumbai attacks. Yours is a very oversimplified take on Pakistan’s perceptions. I don’t think Pakistan is responsible for hypocrisy in this regard any more than the Indians or the Americans or the British even. Difference here is that Pakistan stinks at selling its concerns, perceptions and frustrations to the world like the rest of them.

"Yup, they could be to relieve..."

"Could" being the operative term here. You don't know what the missions are of these infantry commanders-neither generally nor specifically during the siege.

Has the P.A. ruled out the relief of garrisons besieged at night by virtue of an overweening reliance on non-existant NVGs to operate after dark? As there evidently aren't enough/any/some/one, the P.A. simply calls it a day at dusk.

"Everybody back to the garrison and put on your garlic. It's dusk and the vampires are about!"

"I don’t see how that has any bearing here..."

Your absence of relevant experience shows here in your reliance upon technology as some cure-all to night operations. You possess no relevant experience and can offer no professional judgement on whether these operations are possible in the absence of NVGs. They absolutely are possible and, in fact, are standard fare for infantry battalions...or so I thought before now.

"Unless you can attribute inaccuracy to anything me or AM might have said, I don’t see why you’re getting so worked up."

I'm hardly worked up. OTOH, I don't necessarily appreciate a dissemblance of my comments such that you'd reply as below-

"I won’t be asking my men to advance on a minefield or an enemy position at night without NVGs (and certainly not on a full moon) unless given the most explicit orders..."

What's the point of "minefields"? There were none here nor did I ask any unit to breach a minefield. Are you dramatizing for effect? You seem to be, so yes, I'd say you're less than accurate.

Meanwhile, if I understand you correctly, these "positions" from which the enemy was attacking this outpost were sacrosanct by virtue of an absence of NVGs. Afterall, you wouldn't ASK your men "to advance on...an enemy position at night without NVGs..."- even those positions that permitted the successful assault of your police station.:tsk:

"Lack of visibility or NVGs for he and his men could explain how the enemy was able to get close enough to achieve entry of the outpost in overwhelming numbers, making resistance futile or merely symbolic."

You grossly speculate without any substance whatsoever. You don't know anything specific about the situation at the police station. Not it's layout or the opposing forces involved, armament, supplies, initial contact, duration, capitulation. What you do know is that your military doesn't operate at night well at all and seem to pull back after dark and this is embarassing in light of questions from foreigners.

So you sally to the defense of the army with claims of the impossibility of night operations in the absence of NVGs. None of this stops you from scattering men willy-nilly about the area-all certifiably now left on their own after dark based on this incident. Not exactly something to inspire the confidence and exemplary devotion to duty at the ol' police houses around the neighborhood if you ask me.

Your army needs to be out at night. That's all there is to it. You must set up checkpoints and ambushes. You must visit neighborhoods after dark. You must be seen going OUT at night and not retreating back IN to your cantonments.

COIN isn't 9-5 and you can't wait for Uncle Sam to sprinkle magic dust on your vision issues after dark. Sure as hell not if you expect anybody to actually MAN these police stations henceforth.

Only a damned fool would do so, IMV. The next time the militants are likely to off their heads for insolence and these cops know it.

No wonder those special commando kiddies wouldn't report. You can't hang people out to dry and, after dark, that's exactly what's happening now.

"NVGs are a fairly complicated and expensive piece of kit."

As I mentioned earlier, I was using the stuff in 1988 and it was more than adequate to most needs. Twenty year old technology now and, I'm sure, passed by a couple of generations of improvement.

I speculate that this era equipment is readily available. "Perfect" remains the enemy of "good enough". You don't need our gear and the Chinese don't need it either. Meanwhile, those are your cops hanging out on a limb at night-not ours.

Better find a solution pronto or just, you know...surrender because it's just too dark.:disagree:

oh come on S-2 you just cant have an uperhand by simply relying on NVGs.

This battle is way too tough ,even talibans claim that they have NVGs.

You need something like terminators to fight these weardos. Even still i cant gurantee success. :undecided:

"Could" being the operative term here. You don't know what the missions are of these infantry commanders-neither generally nor specifically during the siege…

Ofcourse I don’t. Not with the particulars necessary to discuss these matters definitely anyway. And neither do you for that matter. I was under the impression that we’re discussing the ‘ifs’ and ‘whys’ and ‘hows’ of this little affair in an intellectually spirited but mainly hypothetical discussion. I’ve never said anything that might suggest otherwise.

Has the P.A. ruled out the relief of garrisons besieged at night by virtue of an overweening reliance on non-existant NVGs to operate after dark? As there evidently aren't enough/any/some/one, the P.A. simply calls it a day at dusk.

You don’t know that. There is no way you can know the dynamics of the situation. Unavailability of NVGs might well have been a contributing factor, but I don’t think that was entirely the case here. Perhaps you failed to read my posts, but I did say that the failure to reinforce the post in a timely manner was inexcusable repeatedly.

The battalion or company commanders may have tried to tackle their hindrances pragmatically. But your allegations and/or implications regarding troops going to sleep and becoming ‘non-functional’ on the basis of it being dark alone while their comrades fight it out are baseless, unjustified and uncalled for. All I have ever said was that it is not impossible to contemplate that unavailability of equipment compounded by tactical difficulties could pose challenges to units in certain situations, if only to moderate your all encompassing ‘non-functional’ comments. We can’t get any more definitive because we don’t even know if the reinforcing troops faced NVG shortages, or if any unit was given a relieving assignment in the first place.

You possess no relevant experience and can offer no professional judgement on whether these operations are possible in the absence of NVGs.

You keep telling yourself that.:lol:

Here is what I actually said in my first post:

Being non-functional is not the same as acknowledging the obvious limitations of operating in a limited visibility environment without appropriate equipment- so while you allege sweeping terms like ‘non-functional’, my words were more guarded. I said troops face ‘obvious limitations’ when they don’t have NVGs, not ‘absolute’ possibility or impossibility.

They absolutely are possible and, in fact, are standard fare for infantry battalions…

I never said they were not possible. In fact you’re the one who was attributing inability of this to Pakistani units. I pointed out that while they may acknowledge ‘obvious limitations’ in certain situations being faced ‘without appropriate equipment’. I never made sweeping remarks like yours.

I'm hardly worked up. OTOH, I don't necessarily appreciate a dissemblance of my comments such that you'd reply as below-

I was making a simple observation, hoping to add a reasonable contribution to the discourse. Since I said nothing wrong, and didn’t attribute any false claims to you, I see no justification for you to get worked up. But if you’re so stuck on this, then know it was just one of the ‘obvious limitations’ I mentioned for operating without NVGs. You don’t think it is? Fine, then I pity all the men you might ever have had responsibility for. But I don’t appreciate this lame dissemblance of my observations either. I’m not out to get you, just give it a break.

Are you dramatizing for effect? You seem to be, so yes, I'd say you're less than accurate.

What would I achieve by dramatizing an already messed up situation? It is entirely your fault that your brain interpreted my words to mean “Oh the reinforcements didn’t make it through because their way was blocked by mine fields don’t you know…” Accuracy is not an issue here, since I am not referring to any particular event or claim. Next time think about what I meant before lashing out.

You grossly speculate without any substance whatsoever.

But you on the other hand have so much to go on with all these rants? I made sure I was clear on the fact that this was just speculation, but we can know some things. Compared to some of the presumptuously conclusive BS you cook up, I’d say I’m rather grounded when I feel it is easier for sufficiently skilled fighters to sneak dangerously close to an outpost built on a dominating position, provided they exhibit no weapons discharge and the defenders lack proper night equipment. It is easy to see how the post’s 12.7mm tripod mounted gun might not have been much use in the visibility afforded to the men by a beam of light at the end of a sergeants battery torch either. Any militant commander with half a brain would have chosen a night attack to negate the spotting advantages of numerically inferior but fortified (probably elevated) defenders. We can talk about it, but I take it you don’t want to. Just because you might’ve done something with or without NVGs in your ‘glory days’ means anything and everything someone else might have to say is crap, right?

What you do know is that your military doesn't operate at night well at all and seem to pull back after dark and this is embarassing in light of questions from foreigners.

I would never be crazy enough to say our Army doesn’t operate at night, they’ve been doing that since year 1 I can refer to a few such operations off the back of my head. Please quote where it is that I said this for the benefit of others. But I don't expect them to achieve the proficiency demonstrated by American units either. And secondly, you just have an inflated opinion of your own importance to us, nothing more.:disagree:

So you sally to the defense of the army with claims of the impossibility of night operations in the absence of NVGs.

I never said that. But if you insist on raging about how everything that is possible with NVG capability is possible without it- then I’ll say this; I’m not the old deluded man sitting on a computer right now.:agree:

You’re constantly misquoting me, cut it out.:tsk:

Not exactly something to inspire the confidence and exemplary devotion to duty at the ol' police houses around the neighborhood if you ask me.

For the last time I am not trying to justify our failure to reinforce that post in time. I made that EXPLICITLY clear in the last post. I’m well aware of the wide-spread morale implications associated with failings like these.

Twenty year old technology now and, I'm sure, passed by a couple of generations of improvement. I speculate that this era equipment is readily available.

And you accuse me of assuming too much… Did it ever occur to you that maybe these couple of dozen policemen didn’t have the stuff that you did in the 80s? But that ‘speculation’ of yours is indisputable is it?

Also I suggest you stop ranting and taking things for granted. You don’t know what happened, you’re obviously over reacting. You don’t know what part NVG played here, if any, so please STFU about us shutting down after dark. NVGs might have been the problem, or it might have been something else like communication or even downright incompetence. Your excessive rhetoric is not constructive and ruining the atmosphere for discussion. In the past I’ve repeatedly asked you to refrain from this nastiness, but it’s too much to ask for isn’t it?

So are we clear now? Let’s see what you have to say…

Last edited:
Let me see, all you have done here is just offer rambling prose with absolutely zilch in the way of reasoning to back it up - rubbish would be an appropriate word to describe the above.

There was no insinuation of 'drama' in any of my posts, perhaps you feel that to be the case. And this game of 'discrediting Pakistan' is exactly what India has been on since the Mumbai attacks - and it has been clearly pointed out how, with facts pointing out the GoI's hypocrisy, contradictions and belligerence, despite Pakistani efforts to cooperate, and for that you have offered no reasoned or factual rebuttal.

Of course you can't - becasue you know the arguments are true, and you know deep down that the GoI is a sniveling perfidious entity, but your prejudice and connections to India refuse to let you do anythign other that attack Pakistan to cover India's faults.

I have quite clearly laid out exactly why India's position was one of belligerence, irresponsibility, hostility and warmongering. It really does stake some 'mental gymnastics' to try and rebut all of that by just resorting to the phrase 'mental gymnastics'.

Hogwash - the 'flow' here, of drugs, resources, weapons and men extends all the way from Eastern Europe, Russia, the CAR's in one direction, and even more cannon fodder from Africa and the Middle East from another. They confluence in Pakistan, and it is we who have paid the highest price while trying to control the onslaught. Your pathetic attempts to paint India as the 'great victim' at the mercy of Pakistan are just that, absurd and pathetic.

You and many other Indians, including that reprehensible treacherous tumor called the GoI, are so blinded with hate for Pakistan and your desire to pin the blame at Pakistan and only Pakistan's doorstep, that the you have blinkers on. Given that you have shown yourself to be intelligent at other times, I can only assume that these are deliberate blinkers as a consequence of your prejudice.

Indeed, we are to somehow believe the absurd Indian theory that Pakistani institutions willfully wanted a bunch of Westerners shot in India, despite the fact that it was crystal clear India would blame such an attack on Pakistan, as she has done every other time, and for what purpose? Oh yes, the even more absurd theory of 'destroying a growing economy'. Feed your nonsensical fairy tales to someone else.

Only Indian soldiers raping, killing and occupying Kashmiris. When India implements her international and bilateral obligations under the UNSC resolutions and Instrument of Partition, she will have a right to complain, until then she is illegally occupying a people in violation of UNSC resolutions, and those people have a right to fight that occupation.

The Kashmiri Freedom movement has nothing to do with this 'confusion' - the issue now is solely one of applying the right numbers, training, equipment and political solution to the problems. In that regard the hostility with India, her belligerence and warmongering and the unresolved dispute of Kashmir play a significant role in what we can deploy in the near term.

The 'mental gymnastics' being performed here are all India, as she tries to somehow make a disputed territory - that India and Pakistan have fought three wars over, almost gone to war a few other times, sponsored proxies in Afghanistan for, sponsored insurgencies in the other nation for, that are the major cause for hundreds of thousands of troops facing each other and that both continue to claim - somehow 'irrelevant'.
Thanks for yet another round of hackneyed deflection.

As I said, nobody is buying any of this nonsense. The reality speaks for itself, Pakistan is the epicenter of terrorism, not anyone else; and the general consensus of how people around the world view it is the direct reflection of what Pakistan in it's current form has become (gangrenous entity). There are no deceitful concerted campaigns anyone needs to launch to expose Pakistan, they have managed to achieve this with explosive success all by themselves. If you're unable to understand why another nation goes on a war footing after being attacked (in the underhanded and disgusting manner it was) for the umpteenth time, then the problem is far to rudimentary to fix and automatically invalidates any chance of constructive debate. Your attempts to deny the basic facts of reality and engage in this age old and tiring trick of blaming everyone else is still boring and an absolute waste of time.

But if this is what you truly aspire to, then go for it. Keep on truckin.

"...please STFU about us shutting down after dark."

I'll follow the lead of your own columnists. Two specific comments by two separate writers about the propensity of the P.A. to pull in at dark.

You'll continue to apologize, excuse, obfuscate, and dissemble.

Your troops need to be out at night. I hope that they do so and not use the presumed limitations imposed by an inadequate number of NVGs to stay safely escounced inside their protective walls. SWAT's citizens don't have that same luxury.

That's the argument/discussion-plain and simple.

Your speculative justifications don't meet the requirements of the situation.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom