What's new

Taliban kidnap 29 Pakistani police and FC

Is PA angling for more equipment (night vision, F-16s, frigates?) and aid from the US?

Incidentally, does anyone know in which battle/century night warfare first became a part and parcel of war?

Last edited:
Thanks for yet another round of hackneyed deflection.

As I said, nobody is buying any of this nonsense. The reality speaks for itself, Pakistan is the epicenter of terrorism, not anyone else; and the general consensus of how people around the world view it is the direct reflection of what Pakistan in it's current form has become (gangrenous entity). There are no deceitful concerted campaigns anyone needs to launch to expose Pakistan, they have managed to achieve this with explosive success all by themselves. If you're unable to understand why another nation goes on a war footing after being attacked (in the underhanded and disgusting manner it was) for the umpteenth time, then the problem is far to rudimentary to fix and automatically invalidates any chance of constructive debate. Your attempts to deny the basic facts of reality and engage in this age old and tiring trick of blaming everyone else is still boring and an absolute waste of time.

But if this is what you truly aspire to, then go for it. Keep on truckin.

No, thank you for another round of 'obfuscation and deflection'. From your first reply to me on this thread, you launched into a tangential diatribe by latching onto one aspect of my post. I pointed out to you with facts where and how your arguments were wrong, both on how India and India alone was responsible for the recent hostility and warmongering, and how your argument on the lack of recognition in the West of the connection between Indo-Pak relations, and specifically Kashmir, with Afghanistan was wrong, and how the Indo_pak dynamic serves to limit the resources the Pak Mil deploys in the West, especially when India acts as belligerently as she has.

You choose to ignore the implications of the Indo-Pak dynamics in the region, becasue you have been reduced to a GoI apologist regurgitating their positions, and the last thing the GoI wants is to be pushed to actually fulfill her bilateral and international commitments on Kashmir and resolve the dispute in a manner that is fair and just to the Kashmiris, and the West will as usual continue to show its hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy here, while pretentiously lecturing everyone else about the rule of law, freedom and international obligations.

And as in this post, the only thing you can come up with are rhetorical flourishes about 'the epicenter of terrorism' and 'scourges' and tangential issues of 'economic basket cases'.

My arguments stand since you have chosen to argue about everything but the points raised. In any case, I have no interest in pursuing the Indo-Pak line any further on this thread, as I had indicated earlier, save for your rubbish about 'scourges' and whatnot.

I'm hardly worked up. OTOH, I don't necessarily appreciate a dissemblance of my comments such that you'd reply as below-

"I won’t be asking my men to advance on a minefield or an enemy position at night without NVGs (and certainly not on a full moon) unless given the most explicit orders..."

S-2:

I didn't read that as dissemblance of your comments, nor an attribution to you of anything, neither the first time I read his post nor now when you highlighted it.

He used hypothetical situations to make a point, and has clarified twice now that he had no such intent as you have suggested.

There has obviously been a misunderstanding so lets move on from this.

Any way, back to topic.

I hope these brave soldiers return to their families safe and sound.

My Pakistani brothers, Sorry but i have no love for Taliban or Al-Qaeda

I hope these brave soldiers return to their families safe and sound.

My Pakistani brothers, Sorry but i have no love for Taliban or Al-Qaeda

They have already been released.

The Taliban claim on assurances of quitting the police and FC.

Given Mountainous terrain and winter, the possibility of weather impeding the rescue/reinforcement efforts canot be ruled out either I imagine, unless anyone knows differently?

Its very good to know they have been released unharmed. Im glad to know it.

Released or not they will continue their terrorist actions against great nation of Pakistan and on us as well! They must be eliminated.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom