What's new

Taliban in Islamabad

Regardless of the conduct of the I-Cafes or the brothel, nothing justifies taking law into your own hands. If people are coming down so hard on Musharraf for sidestepping the law by pushing around the Chief Justice of Pakistan, they should be just as ashamed and condemning of this bunch of Madrassa students....while I can appreciate the spirit of what they are trying to do, the actions don't cut it.

Regardless of the conduct of the I-Cafes or the brothel, nothing justifies taking law into your own hands.

Even if the poisoning of the young minds is going on and the parents don't' know about it. Their are times when you "have" to take the law into your own hands, I have done it before in Pakistan cause the cops wouldn't do anything, etc, or let me file a FIR when I went their for vacation and I ended up beating the guy to near death who was causing problem for me, don't think their is law in Pakistan cause their isn't, law institution has been destroyed by corrupt leaders why should people follow if the leaders who are to protect and up-hold them don't.

If people are coming down so hard on Musharraf for sidestepping the law by pushing around the Chief Justice of Pakistan, they should be just as ashamed and condemning of this bunch of Madrassa students....while I can appreciate the spirit of what they are trying to do, the actions don't cut it.

Mushy has taken the law into his own hands as well and doesn't care about the constitution, according to the so called supreme law of the land, Mushy is to step down after 90 days of Military coup has he done it? He has gone far beyond the 90 days. Including catching people from the streets and handing them over, I don't buy Mushy's they went to the camps story. And recently the chief justice drama going on.

But what counts is where the Madrassa students heart's lie, and that was to stop the brothel (prostitute), I have yet to see Mushy do anything about Hera Medhi since he illegally took office as head of the country. And neither does their no-action policy cut it either for the govt.

Brothels do bring diseases and immorality in a nation..i guess there should be an authority which should ban these things..however this should be done through a system..

why should people follow if the leaders who are to protect and up-hold them don't.

Adnan,

I am completly on your side to the goodness the madrassa students have done, They should have used their strength to make the police act, Did you see the last news item i posted, They were exchanging policemen as hostages for their arrested teachers. Didnt they themseleves become Criminals.

For what I have qouted,The Day that happens Pakistan as a nation will cease to exist. Nation is only as strong as its laws.

Adu

ISLAMABAD, March 29: A confrontation between the government and hard-line religious leaders in the federal capital eased to some extent on Thursday when students of Madressah Hafsa released three kidnapped women and a six-month-old baby with a threat that they could be picked up again if their demand for release of a former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official and five other activists was not met within 15 days.

Police took the women in protection after their release when the head of the family, Shamim Akhtar, disowned her statement made at a news conference at the madressah, in which she admitted that she had been involved in immoral activities and announced that she would not continue such acts in future. Soon after her release, Ms Akhtar said she had given the statement under pressure from the militant students of the madressah who had kidnapped her with three other family members from her residence on Tuesday evening.

She alleged that she had been victimised by the militant students because she did not belong to their sect and that during the confinement she and her family members had been asked to change their sect.

“I was forced to speak at the news conference inside the madressah as a pre-condition for our release,” Ms Akhtar said. She said she had been given a written statement before the press conference by the madressah management.

She said she had been given the options of being tried by Muftis in Lal Masjid, undergoing a trial in any court, or giving the confessional statement. “I opted for the last option and read out the statement before the reporters,” she said.

She denied the allegations levelled by the Lal Masjid management and some aides of hard-line ulema that she ran a brothel. “I have been living there for 30 years and have very good relations with my neighbours. If I was wrong, my neighbours would have kicked me out and lodged cases against me,” she said.

Describing her ordeal of more than 60 hours in detention, she said her daughter and daughter-in-law had been kept in separate rooms.

She alleged that before being presented to the media for the press conference she had been threatened that her family members could be killed if she said anything contrary to the written statement.

She said she and her family had been kept in illegal confinement for two and a half days.

She said the students of Madressah Hafsa had told her that they had forced the government to bow down twice recently -- once when they captured the government’s children’s library and then when they kidnapped her and her family members.

“They said that their demand for the release of former ISI official Khalid Khawaja and five other religious activities was not met, they would create more problems for the government,” she said. The released women are expected to be moved out of the city.

http://dawn.com/2007/03/30/top2.htm

I am completly on your side to the goodness the madrassa students have done, They should have used their strength to make the police act, Did you see the last news item i posted, They were exchanging policemen as hostages for their arrested teachers. Didnt they themseleves become Criminals.
Thankx for agreeing with me cause the (bold) is what I was trying to say, I will admit they went a little over board, but look at it this way the police aren't 100% good either, but still the madrsa ladies got the job done, where the law enforcement didn't touch anything.

For what I have qouted,The Day that happens Pakistan as a nation will cease to exist. Nation is only as strong as its laws.
Well, every nation on this planet brake their own laws, look at US recently their Attorney general broke laws, and other example we can pull out googleing, but it doesn't necessarily mean a nation will cease to exist.

I seriously think that the government should come down on these ladies hard. should throw them all in jail for the rest of their lives. They are challenging the writ of the state in the fedral territory. This is shamefull what is the use of the 7th largest army in the world.

I seriously think that the government should come down on these ladies hard. should throw them all in jail for the rest of their lives. They are challenging the writ of the state in the fedral territory. This is shamefull what is the use of the 7th largest army in the world.

Tough i want the government to take some action against them quickly but ur suggestions are a bit extreme too. This army is to defend Pakistan and its citizens not to go on killing them. We have killed Bugti and many in Waziristan and its enough. Its time the army does only what its supposed to do.

I suggest the government to let they lady police handle the issue. It would be horrible for men to carryout such an action.

Apart from killing our own people, hanging elected PM, ending civilian government, giving away bangladesh, killing bugti, removing CJ's and losing almost four wars what are the armies achievement.

Army is good at re-conquer Pakistan...and impose marshall law..
Women action was right, but approach was wrong. They should have taken lady police and media with them..

Three women accused of being prostitutes, one of whom was said to run a brothel, have been released from a fundamentalist madrasa in central Islamabad after being forced to "confess" their sins.

At a press conference organised by her captors, the alleged brothel owner, Shamim Akhtar, repented and vowed to devote herself to Islam. "I apologise for my past acts and promise that in future I will live like a pious person," she told reporters at the Jamia Hafsa madrasa.

Article continues

But after her release the woman, also known as "Auntie Shamim", said she had been coerced into making the statement or else face a Taliban-style Islamic court. "I could only escape after telling reporters what they wanted me to say. Otherwise there seemed to be no power in the world, including President Musharraf, who could free us," she told ARY television.

The bizarre episode was a victory for Pakistan's increasingly brazen Islamist radicals and highlights fears over creeping "Talibanisation" - even in the heart of the capital. Police appeared helpless to save Shamim, her daughter, daughter-in-law and six-month-old granddaughter after they were snatched from their home and imprisoned inside Jamia Hafsa under guard by thousands of burka-clad women clutching bamboo staves.

Shamim said a gang of young men broke down her front door, ransacked her house and dragged her back to the madrasa with a rope around her neck. Inside the madrasa, burka-clad female students abused the four captives, calling them "kaffirs" or infidels.

"We would prefer to turn to Christianity. At least the Christians would be able to provide us with some protection," Shamim said bitterly on Thursday night. The three women and baby are now in protective custody.

Critics say the anti-vice drive highlights how little control president Pervez Musharraf has over radical seminaries, even in Islamabad. In a report published this week, the International Crisis Group said the government's madrasa reform programme was a "shambles".

Several thousand young men and women, many from poor backgrounds in rural areas, live in Jamia Hafsa and another all-male madrasa, where they are fed, clothed and given a radical Islamist education. The schools are part of a complex of religious buildings centred on the Lal Masjid, or Red Mosque, which has been illegally built over the years on government land in one of Islamabad's wealthiest neighbourhoods.

The burka-clad female students came to prominence in January when they invaded a public children's library in protest at government plans to demolish the Lal Masjid. The students still occupy the library but claim outside children are free to come and borrow books.

Recently, male students have warned local shopkeepers to stop selling music and even petitioned passing motorists to turn off their car radios. Combined with Taliban attacks on towns in the tribal areas, Pakistan's moderate majority is worried.

"The ill wind of religious extremism, confined no longer to some forgotten nook, is threatening to rend the very fabric of society as we know it," warned an editorial in Dawn newspaper.

Both schools are run by the radical clerics, Abdul Rashid Ghazi and his brother Abdul Aziz, who aim to replace Pakistan's frail democracy with strict Sharia law. On Friday, city police vowed to arrest Mr Ghazi and two dozen other students for the kidnapping.

Meanwhile Shamim said she was would seek refuge at foreign embassies because "they [the Islamist radicals] warned of severe consequences if we speak against them".

The British high commission said help was unlikely. "Unless she's a British citizen there's nothing we can do from a consular point of view," said a spokesman, Aidan Liddle.

Meanwhile a Jamia Hafsa spokesman, Bint-e-Abdul Wahid, warned the government to take prompt action against other brothels. "Otherwise we will handle the matter ourselves," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/pakistan/Story/0,,2046561,00.html?gusrc=ticker-103704

please sir check your email same with keyseroz
thank you

Thanks I got your message...:lol: (seriously you are a complete idiot!)
I will actually be is in Missisauga so it's not really a problem lol.
Just to let you know, I do have some friends in The RCMP and have asked a favour ;) I hope your papers are in order:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom