What's new

Taliban in Islamabad

well govt deadline is april 3rd. Lets all wait. I am not supporter of Banazir but her opinion has some weight ,about Mushy handling of taliban in islamabad case. According to her, Mushy is showing US congress men and women in recent visit to Islamabad, uniform is the most important part for him in next election to control the extremist elements. These extremist element can t not do anything if govt takes action.
Even they have no support of religious parties and they oppose female mullah acts in Islamabad. Its big joke they are teaching Islam and they have hijack public library for little kids.....amazing....are they anti all education except islamic ?

Prostitutuion is one of the oldest profession in the world. Lets me tell you what I have seen and heard from a Pakistan Surgen living in KSA, I will not take his name he establised the hospital at the Base in UAE when we were establishing Shaheen SQD in UAE. Girls from the royal family have come to him before there marriages to get surgery so the husband should know that they are virgins. If such things can go on in such countries, Pakistan and India are to advanced than them.

I saw lathi weilding Madrassa students on Geo TV. These thugs were threatening the video and music stores in the Islamabad and police were doing nothing.

IMO Musharraf is past his "Shelf Life". If the Pak Govt writ can not be enforced in Islamabad, that is surely the end. I am a democrat and believe in the will of the people but dont think mullah's do. I was born a muslim and will remain one till I die, but the thuggery and bigotry of the MMA and their large support in Pakistan polity (It seems to be growing) is making me and many of like minded people not only anti mullah but also anti religion.

Who the hell these bigots think they are?? Are these illiterate goondas "Thanedars" of religion??. Did Allah send 'Wahi" to these thugs and charged them with the reform of the society.???

Pray tell me does any country which can be blackmailed by the young female thugs of Madarasa Hafsa has a right to call itself a country??. It is anarchy. We are turning into another Somalia.

Tomorrow these madrassa students will be burning all the books but Quran and Hadith; and eliminating all knowledge which in THEIR opinion is against Islam. I think these people are agents of the Satan and turning people away from Islam. No one likes any religion forced downs one's throat be it Islam.

If all your actions are to determined by religious thakedars, there is no freedom of action; then why Allahs has day of judgement??. Since you will not be allowed to commit any sin any way, Allah wasted his time creating the hell. I may be over reacting but I feel very strongly about it.
You are SO right Niaz. This is exactly what im saying:tup:

Seminaries plan ‘Islamic revolution’

By Inamullah Khattak

ISLAMABAD, April 2: Two religious seminaries, Jamia Faridia and Jamia Hafsa, are adamant to enforce “Shariat” in Islamabad and across the country and said they will announce their movement in the Lal Masjid on Friday.

They warned the government of serious consequences if it tried to create hurdles in implementing the “Islamic law”.

“We will start our Islamic revolution in Islamabad on Friday by launching a crackdown on CDs, DVDs and other secular activities in the G-6 sector. The exercise will be extended to the NWFP and other areas at later stages. We have full support of madressahs in various cities,” Jamia Faridia and Jamia Hafsa in-charge Maulana Abdul Aziz told Dawn on Monday.

“Ten thousand students of the two seminaries are ready to sacrifice their lives for Shariat and we are determined to enforce the Islamic law in Islamabad in order to make it example for people,” said Maulana Aziz, elder brother of Ghazi Abdul Rashid.

He claimed that thousands of people and government officials in Islamabad had lauded the recent raid on a brothel which, he said, was the first successful step of the movement.“I have received a letter from a policewoman alleging that she was exploited by a senior police officer,” he said. “The woman has already informed President Gen Pervez Musharraf and the Islamabad Inspector General of Police about sexual harassment of policewomen by senior officials,” he added.

Answering a question, Maulana Aziz said they would not stop enforcing Shariat even if the government withdrew its decision to demolish mosques in the federal capital. “There were only six Taliban who enforced the Islamic law in Afghanistan and we are 10,000. Then, how can’t we enforce Shariah at least in Islamabad.”

Asked what the funding source of the two seminaries and the Lal Masjid was, Maulana Aziz said: “Whenever we are short of essential items we close our eyes and demand the goods from Allah. Within a few minutes, we find the desired things in our kitchens.”:rofl:

He said he was supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan and South and North Waziristan and conceded that students of his seminary had joined the Taliban but on their own.

“No doubt, our students are joining jihadis because we are teaching them jihad but we have not pressurised them to fight, rather they are doing it by their own,” he said.

Meanwhile, a man, whose daughter is a student of Jamia Hafsa, told Dawn that he did not want her daughter to take part in enforcing Shariat by force.

“I have brought my child from Charsadda here to learn about Islam and not to fight.”

(iam closing my eyes and i am hoping):angel:

I saw lathi weilding Madrassa students on Geo TV. These thugs were threatening the video and music stores in the Islamabad and police were doing nothing.

IMO Musharraf is past his "Shelf Life". If the Pak Govt writ can not be enforced in Islamabad, that is surely the end. I am a democrat and believe in the will of the people but dont think mullah's do. I was born a muslim and will remain one till I die, but the thuggery and bigotry of the MMA and their large support in Pakistan polity (It seems to be growing) is making me and many of like minded people not only anti mullah but also anti religion.

Who the hell these bigots think they are?? Are these illiterate goondas "Thanedars" of religion??. Did Allah send 'Wahi" to these thugs and charged them with the reform of the society.???

Pray tell me does any country which can be blackmailed by the young female thugs of Madarasa Hafsa has a right to call itself a country??. It is anarchy. We are turning into another Somalia.

Tomorrow these madrassa students will be burning all the books but Quran and Hadith; and eliminating all knowledge which in THEIR opinion is against Islam. I think these people are agents of the Satan and turning people away from Islam. No one likes any religion forced downs one's throat be it Islam.

If all your actions are to determined by religious thakedars, there is no freedom of action; then why Allahs has day of judgement??. Since you will not be allowed to commit any sin any way, Allah wasted his time creating the hell. I may be over reacting but I feel very strongly about it.

And this is why the government isn't doing much about it sir.

ISLAMABAD, April 2: President Gen Pervez Musharraf has warned religious extremists, particularly those of Islamabad, not to misconstrue government's leniency as weakness as the writ of the state will be enforced at any cost.

"We are deliberately avoiding taking any action against girl students of Madressa Hafsa as we do not want to hurt women students and cause any damage to mosque," the president told ulema and religious scholars attending the National Seerat Conference 2007 on Sunday.

He urged religious scholars and members of civil society to convince the girl students and their leaders to stop taking law into their hands.

"If I take an action against them, it will be considered a war between Islam and Kufr. Therefore, I appeal to you to persuade the madressah girls and their leaders to behave before it is too late," the president said.

Girl students of Jamia Hafsa have continued to occupy a children’s library adjacent to their madressah for the past two months, seriously challenging the writ of the government in the capital.

The government is under pressure from opposition leaders who have accused it of succumbing to religious extremists.

i think they are waiting for the write time to make the move. trust the army will not allow these guys to take over. mushy is correct if he acts the MMA will start doing the "American Agent" thing agian. Also they embroiled in the Cheif Justice dilema. I think when the time will come they will act they are waiting things to calm down.

Parents pull daughters out of Jamia Hafsa

ISLAMABAD: A group of parents of girl students of Jamia Hafsa from the NWFP have decided to take their daughters out of the madrassa, which has been leading a “Talibanisation” drive here in the capital. Sources told Daily Times on Monday that the Gul Waheed, Abdul Sattar, Sher Alam Khan, Wakil Ahmed, Nazar Kakakhel and Akram Khan met Jamia Hafsa principal Maulana Abdul Aziz and told him they were taking their daughters home. The sources said the parents came to the seminary from Peshawar, Nowshera, Sawabi, Charsadda and Mardan. “The parents have told the seminary management that they had sent their daughters to learn Islam,:army: not to disrupt peace:tup: ,” they said. naveed siddiqui

ISLAMABAD: A group of parents of girl students of Jamia Hafsa from the NWFP have decided to take their daughters out of the madrassa, which has been leading a “Talibanisation” drive here in the capital. Sources told Daily Times on Monday that the Gul Waheed, Abdul Sattar, Sher Alam Khan, Wakil Ahmed, Nazar Kakakhel and Akram Khan met Jamia Hafsa principal Maulana Abdul Aziz and told him they were taking their daughters home. The sources said the parents came to the seminary from Peshawar, Nowshera, Sawabi, Charsadda and Mardan. “The parents have told the seminary management that they had sent their daughters to learn Islam,:army: not to disrupt peace:tup: ,” they said. naveed siddiqui

exactly, now if more of these parents step forward; we all can go home

i think they are waiting for the write time to make the move. trust the army will not allow these guys to take over. mushy is correct if he acts the MMA will start doing the "American Agent" thing agian. Also they embroiled in the Cheif Justice dilema. I think when the time will come they will act they are waiting things to calm down.

I fully agree with what u say. I believe the officials are going to come on hard on these mullahs very soon. But i feel it will start with some ISI men dressed as those students go crazy in the streets of islamabad

This whole stand off is a Maulvi ISI drama just to divert peoples attention from the issue of CJ

The Jamia Hafsa seminary which has been the centre of much recent controversy in Pakistan, is attached to Islamabad's famous Lal Masjid (red mosque) located near the city centre.

Throughout most of its existence, the mosque has long been favoured by the city elite, including prime ministers, army chiefs and presidents.

Pakistan's longest-ruling dictator, General Zia-ul-Haq, was said to be very close to the former head of the Lal Masjid, Maulana Abdullah, who was famous for his speeches on jihad (holy war).

This was during the 1980s when the mujahideen's fight against Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was at its peak, and jihad was seen as an acceptable clarion call in the Muslim world.

The mosque is located near the headquarters of Pakistan's shadowy ISI intelligence service, which helped train and fund the holy warriors, and a number of ISI staff are said to go there for prayers.

'Terror links'

The Lal Masjid has since been a centre of radical Islamic learning and houses several thousand male and female students in adjacent seminaries.

Maulana Abdullah was assassinated in the mosque in late nineties, and since then the entire complex has been run by his sons, Maulana Abdul Aziz and Abdul Rashid Ghazi.

The brothers admit to having had good contacts with many of the wanted leaders of al-Qaeda, including Osama Bin Laden.

This was in the years before the 11 September, 2001 attacks on the US, when jihad was part of Pakistan's state-sanctioned policy.

Since the "war on terror" began, however, both the Lal Masjid and the Jamia Hafsa deny having had any links with organisations now banned for supporting terrorism.

But they have been vehement in their support for the "jihad against America" and have openly condemned President Musharraf.

Tribal areas

In speeches after Gen Musharraf openly announced his support for the war on terror", the mosque has been the centre of calls for his assassination.

One of these speeches was delivered by Maulana Masood Azhar, whose Jaish-e-Mohammad fundamentalist group members were later involved in several failed attempts on the life of the president.

Gen Musharraf is thus understandably perturbed by the mosque and its leaders and has repeatedly ordered action against them.

So far all attempts to rein the mosque and its leaders in have been unsuccessful.

The Lal Masjid and its madrassa also have strong links to the tribal areas of Pakistan, which provide many of their students.

In a recent interview, Abdul Rashid Ghazi said that they had the support of the Waziristan Taleban and any actions against the madrassa would have an "appropriate response".

The Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa were in the news in July 2005 when Pakistani security forces tried to raid the mosque following the suicide bombings that month in London.

The security personnel were met by baton-wielding women who refused to let them enter the mosque or seminary compound.

Authorities said the security forces were investigating a link between the seminary and Shehzad Tanweer, one of the 7 July bombers.

The school has been in the limelight ever since.

'Fight to death'

The madrassa's administration has also been particularly vocal in raising the issue of missing people in Pakistan - hundreds of suspected radical militants and their families who are allegedly in the detention of Pakistan's intelligence agencies
It was also a leading light in the protests in Pakistan against Danish cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammad which led to demonstrations all over the Muslim world.

And it was the Jamia Hafsa which British schoolgirl Misbah Rana, also known as Molly Campbell, was reported to have been interested in joining after arriving in Pakistan at the centre of an international custody row.

The latest controversy to feature the school was when it launched a campaign against the demolition of mosques in Islamabad by the capital authority.

After the administration started the demolition of part of the mosque, said to have been constructed illegally, students of the seminaries launched an all-out campaign against them.

They prevented the authorities physically from reaching the site and then occupied the building of a nearby children's library.

Most of this was done by the female students, many of whom were carrying Kalashnikovs during the occupation.

The students then set-up a round the clock vigil and promised to "fight to death" after the government threatened to evict them.

The situation was only defused after the authorities backed down and offered talks.

The government has since reconstructed the demolished part of the mosque compound, but the administration maintains that six other mosques around the capital city which have met similar treatment should also be rebuilt.

In the meantime, students have remained in occupation of the library and have been involved in other "social activities" like the raid on the hostel.

Salaam

another article below.....why do we give people (outside pak) an opportunity to give the impression that we are an extremist society on the verge of being a so called failed-state....The Imam at the masjid needs to practice proper Islam....where you deal with any situation....INTELLECTUALLY.

If the muslims followed the example of our pre-decessors who had set the real example.....we would not been in the state we are.

There are many good Muslims out but are not coming forward to rep[lace the '********' that we have.

WE HAVE THE TRUTH - ISLAAM, BUT WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY CRAP SALES PERSON. the NON-MUSLIMS HAVE A ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH PRODUCT - BUT HAVE EXCELLENT SALES PEOPLE.

ISLAAM IS THE SOLUTION TO MANKINDS PROBLEMS....IF IT IS TRULY IMPLEMENTED....THAT5 IS WITH LOVE.....LOVE FOR GOD'S CREATURES...TOLERENT....UNITED IT WILL DESTROY ALL FORMS OF CORRUPTION.....

I hope the muslims don't end up fighting each other.....Suicide encouraged by corrupt so-called Imams.........

Islamabad faces suicide bomb call

The crowd called for holy war
The head of a radical mosque in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, has threatened to use suicide bomb attacks against the government.
Maulana Abdul Aziz made his defiant call to thousands of followers during Friday prayers.

The government is facing calls to clamp down on the activites of students in two madrassas attached to the mosque.

If the government does take action, "our last resort will be suicide bombings", Mr Aziz declared.
He also demanded that the government close down Islamabad's video shops and brothels within one month.

The Taleban-style activity of Mr Aziz's followers in the capital has caused outrage among human rights activists.

Last week female students from a madrassa that is part of Mr Aziz's Lal Masjid (red mosque) complex abducted a woman they accused of running a brothel, holding her captive for two days.

Some of the students are also staging an armed occupation of a children's library in the capital.

The government says it hopes to resolve its differences by peaceful means.

'Last resort'

"If the government says it will launch an operation against us as a last resort, our last resort will be suicide bombings," Mr Aziz told his supporters.

Supporters of Maulana Aziz burn videos and CDs

Islamabad's radical madrassa

"What is our way?" he asked them, the Associated Press news agency reports.

The students called back, "Jihad, jihad (holy war)".

"I give a deadline of one month to the government to close brothels and video shops," Mr Aziz said.

"If the government fails we will take action."

Outside the mosque, a group of supporters set fire to a pile of videos and CDs.

Mr Aziz also said he had set up a Sharia law court at the mosque, made up of 10 clerics.

'Bigoted forces'

On Thursday hundreds of human rights activists staged a protest calling for action against activities of the two madrassas - one for men, one for women - attached to the mosque.

Human rights protesters denounce 'Mr Aziz's supporters

They said the madrassa students were "harassing and terrorising ordinary citizens of Pakistan in the name of Islam".

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan and a dozen non-governmental organisations urged people to "rise against these extremist religious bigoted forces and secure the future of the present and future generations".

The mosque has long been a problem for the capital city administration and Pakistan's President, General Pervez Musharraf.

It has often criticised his policies in the "war on terror" and called for Islamic law to be enforced in Pakistan.

Their days are outnumbered; soon we will see some kind of action by the Army; Bugthi got destroyed for stepping between Musharraf & Baluchistan; they will get destroyed too; if the keep up with these threats

Nice to Know Parents still have head on their shoulders

CD shops in Peshawar asked to close

PESHAWAR: CD shop owners in the provincial metropolis have been asked to close their businesses. “Three boys claiming to be Lal Masjid representatives came to the Nishtarabad CDs market and asked us to shut our businesses as it was forbidden in Islam,” Nishtarabad Video Centres Union President Sher Dil told Daily Times. Sher Dil said the boys told him, “Maulana Abdul Aziz says all obscene material is coming from Nishtarabad as well as Karkhano Market on Jamrud Road.” “We told them that if they want us to give up this business, then they should provide us with another source of income,” Sher Dil said, “We also asked them to give us Rs 1 million in exchange for wasting Rs 2 million worth of CDs.” He said the boys demanded a commitment in written towards this end. “On Wednesday morning, Maulana Abdul Aziz, over the phone, invited us to meet him,” he added. He said the union later met city police chief Abdul Majeed Marwat, who assured them of police support. Marwat told Daily Times security had been tightened around the market. The Nishtarabad video market is the biggest in Peshawar and around 1,200 people are engaged in the business. “We don’t produce any kind of obscene material here,” Sher Dil said. manzoor ali shah

I really do hope that the masjid guys give him 1 million Rupees :lol:

Back
Top Bottom