What's new

Taiwan would not survive month of attack

Cool down brother. I am helping you to clarify things and you should send me a thank you note.

My generation do not even have close relative in China today (1st cousin). Things are different if you talk about my grandparents generation and above.

Can you show me URL where you claim Japan cut off emigration. Its interesting and I did not know that.

You still know nothing about Taiwan, your arrogance to pretend to know about Taiwan is pathetic.

Many aboriginals hate the Hokkien, because the Hokkien were responsible for colonizing their land and killing many of them. Hokkien used to cannibalize and eat aboriginals, when the aboriginals tried to head hunt them.

Pure Aboriginals in Taiwan look nothing like Hokkien, they look like dark skin Amerindians. There goes your "Hokkien are Malay" BS. The true "Malay race" aboriginals both look nothing like Hokkien, and have largely negative feelings towards them.

Your garbage is so easy to debunk.

The Chinese City Between Two Worlds - Google Books

Isolation from the mainland after 1896 cut off the migrations that would have tended to equalize economic pressures with those of the mainland.

Asia's Population Problems: With a Discussion of Population and Immigration ... - Google Books

Since the Japanese administration inhibited migration in either direction between Taiwan and Mainland China, the Taiwanese constitute virtually a closed population, whose rapid growth is due almost entirely to the excess of births over deaths.

I didn't even mention the duration of war, you assumed it. And why wouldn't US help them. And BTW they've got anti aircraft missiles, anti-ship missiles, anti tank missiles and artillery, etc. Isn't it enough to defend itself and they've got support of US too. And why Taiwan won't use wmd if it helps them defend itself and upon all when they know they won't survive, then why not use it. they'll try their best to survive as much as possible.

Taiwan won't have WMD, America won't let it, Taiwan government doesn't want it. They know if they even let out that they are in the mist of it, we would launch a strike and the US can't intervene because of it.

As to your previous attempts, I listed why Taiwan can't retaliate or have effective defense, they don't have the right or enough weapons to do it.

They can't stop missiles we can, they can't shoot down stealth aircraft, they have no satellite that can keep an eye on military instillation, we can. They can't stop our superior fighters, and they can't even attack our troops without being bombed by artillery, missiles and fighter bombers.

So tell me, how exactly is Taiwan going to with stand a month?

I didn't even mention the duration of war, you assumed it. And why wouldn't US help them. And BTW they've got anti aircraft missiles, anti-ship missiles, anti tank missiles and artillery, etc. Isn't it enough to defend itself and they've got support of US too. And why Taiwan won't use wmd if it helps them defend itself and upon all when they know they won't survive, then why not use it. they'll try their best to survive as much as possible.

First there is precedent, there was more of a risk of war before 1996 and Americans refused Taiwan any right to develop WMD.

Second, so did Iraq, they had anti--weapons too, but it did no good, because there are counters to everything.

In order for anti ship and anti air to work, first they must be able to detect it, and they can't, we have stealth ships, but not yet stealth fighters, but we soon will.

We can comfortably destroy their batteries within a day at the most. Then we move on to anti tank and artillery, these needs to be either really close like anti tank, or really visible like artillery, the latter is easy target if they have no air superiority and the former is easily defeated with out any protection.

Third the US might help if they still can, but with each passing year, it more and more unlikely they will have that advantage they need to keep casualties down. How do you think America is going to react, when tens of thousands return in bags, if they return at all. While not necessarily our casualties will be more, because of our missiles.

Talking to Indian is worthless. They have no idea about KMT politics. Like I said, as long as KMT control the military in Taiwan, it's safe to say they will defect the moment there's a war.

Which means full divisions of troops can be on Taiwan within the day, and start gunning for the capital, all with air superiority and minimal loses.
You assumption that we won't be able to hit their military targets before landing is foolish and unrealistic, you assumption that we can't cut all methods of communication within Taiwan, save for our satellite communication, is foolish.

I want to debate on only this part,because,other parts are simply fantasy.

you're assuming too much,because your assumption based on "China will Neutralize all threats before moving into Taiwan".I want to contradict this part.what do you expect,Taiwan will simply throw their missile carriers,Aircrafts and ships along with other equipment outside their hardened bunker just to destroy it by missiles??you should study Nato's bombing mission against Yugoslavia.they flew 38000 missions,yet only could destroy only 22 armored vehicles on ground.but how Yugoslav army protected their all resources against powerful NATO bombing,who had every kind of weapons to deal any threat??thats what China will face too.Hardened Bunkers and Underground Bunkers will store equipment,while others will use camo so that it'll be tough to destroy.thats how one fights against another.its sounds fine that thousands of missiles will crush enemy's defence,but see,even USA couldn't crush Iraq Army using such widespread bombing,even when they were virtually had no proper airforce to deal with.

you should study more on various kind of warfare scenarios than simply bragging about weapons.every country has similar kind of weapons system,its not something to brag about.but even they faced such overwhelming challenges,then you should ask "why",right???Amphibious Warfare isn't something which can be won "with Minimal Damage" when you're invading a powerful opponent and it's having Defender's advantage.you should study realistic estimates.I gave you one.even one optimist couldn't ask more than 60%(in reality,most country couldn't destroy 20% of enemy's arsenal,which generally gets protected using several means.Kosovo War was proof). enemy shore batteries,Naval Assests and Air Defence is destroyed before PLA moving for landing.but even then,this 40% arsenal can be used to deny space against invading forces,which will simply means a "Pyrrhic Condition" or "Failure".

come back to reality,study various battles that happened before,and then compare.remember Iwo Jima and Okinawa??think something like this,but more damages,as Japanese didn't have missiles to sink Ships back then,or USA would take resort of blockade.

you're assuming too much,because your assumption based on "China will Neutralize all threats before moving into Taiwan".I want to contradict this part.what do you expect,Taiwan will simply throw their missile carriers,Aircrafts and ships along with other equipment outside their hardened bunker just to destroy it by missiles??you should study Nato's bombing mission against Yugoslavia.they flew 38000 missions,yet only could destroy only 22 armored vehicles on ground.but how Yugoslav army protected their all resources against powerful NATO bombing,who had every kind of weapons to deal any threat??thats what China will face too.Hardened Bunkers and Underground Bunkers will store equipment,while others will use camo so that it'll be tough to destroy.thats how one fights against another.its sounds fine that thousands of missiles will crush enemy's defence,but see,even USA couldn't crush Iraq Army using such widespread bombing,even when they were virtually had no proper airforce to deal with.
I remember in the Kosovo war, NATO ran out of cruise missiles (over 1000 were fired) just to hit a bunch of decoy tanks, SAM sites, and military barracks on the ground.

I remember in the Kosovo war, NATO ran out of cruise missiles (over 1000 were fired) just to hit a bunch of decoy tanks, SAM sites, and military barracks on the ground.

NATO actually attacked infra more.but they truly failed to destroy Yugoslav Military equipment.don't know about numbers,but USA used large number of Tomahawk missiles.

you should study more on various kind of warfare scenarios than simply bragging about weapons.every country has similar kind of weapons system,its not something to brag about.but even they faced such overwhelming challenges,then you should ask "why",right???Amphibious Warfare isn't something which can be won "with Minimal Damage" when you're invading a powerful opponent and it's having Defender's advantage.you should study realistic estimates.I gave you one.even one optimist couldn't ask more than 60%(in reality,most country couldn't destroy 20% of enemy's arsenal,which generally gets protected using several means.Kosovo War was proof). enemy shore batteries,Naval Assests and Air Defence is destroyed before PLA moving for landing.but even then,this 40% arsenal can be used to deny space against invading forces,which will simply means a "Pyrrhic Condition" or "Failure".

come back to reality,study various battles that happened before,and then compare.remember Iwo Jima and Okinawa??think something like this,but more damages,as Japanese didn't have missiles to sink Ships back then,or USA would take resort of blockade.

First of all, Taiwan is not a powerful opponent, there are five maybe six powerful nations left, and Taiwan is not one of them. Do you even know the crisis they have going on in their army right now? Probably not, unless you follow their development, why would you.

Second, not every country has access to more or less the same weapon systems. India for example can't make artillery a WW2 relic. Don't show me those pictures again, get back to me when it's inducted. A picture only shows you know what an artillery is suppose to look like.

Third, granted, it would take some time, maybe a week or two, to actually take out enough of their arsenal to start any assault, but it would still fall way short of a month, and the Yugoslavia bombings, they were just trying to hide their gear, Taiwan would have to reveal their gear at some point if they want to use it. What good is a underground tank. They would have to move new gear if they have it to replace the destroyed ones, and that's an opportunity.

There could still be the odd piece that could cause damage, but I said minimal damage not no damage. Iwo Jima is a very different time. Don't compare then to now, not the same deal. By WW2 logic, US should have lost more in Desert Storm, but they didn't.

Fourth, We have complete control over Taiwan waters, we can attack from any direction, and just dash to the capital ASAP. We may not be able to destroy all their arsenal, but they would need to spread it out, and as we move more in land, they have to meet us at some point and that's where we make the move, without satellite's help, and communication jammings, they can't even tell where exactly our forces are quick enough.

You assumption that we can't destroy enough of their arsenal would be sound, if they don't have to meet us eventually, we would be landing, and the moment they poke their head out is the moment they die. Also, you are assuming Taiwan is this great military power, which it isn't.

While China is getting richer and stronger day by day,Taiwan will gradually realize what they should do.We shuold only develop our country,as quick as possible.A war between PRC and ROC will never happen.If we keep our speed of developing,we will eventually become the leader of the whole Northeast Asia,which the west is afraid of.So they tried thier best to ruin the relationship between Mainland China and Taiwan and other Northeast Asia countries to acheive their dirty aim,but they will finally fail.No one can stop us from rebuilding the GREAT TANG EMPIRE and get our glory back.

well it dosent concerns india but had china got the guts it would have had over run Taiwan by now but it dint ever wondered why well its not just US backing but Taiwan maybe small but its Air force , army and Navy will proove to be a very die hard targetfor PLA and its one month that taiwanies are saying well what to say even herman goaring at hight of the power of 3rd riekh said he will finish british air force in 4 clear days and we all know what had happened

so in short dont think Taiwan will be a cake walk for PLA and chinese know this too very well ... cheers mates :)

Wholegrain say you guys eat people. haha. Please go and fcuk him.

You find the wrong person.
Relying on ad hominems as usual,you are truly incapable of addressing your own points.

Assuming Wholegrain is a he I'm afraid I have no desire to participate in sexual intercourse with him,I don't swing that way.

It would be moronic to assume modern day Taiwanese Hokkien are cannibals.

Much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom