What's new

Taiwan would not survive month of attack

actually,things aren't so easy which one thinks...Amphibious Assault is always one of the most difficult form of Warfare.I'll put it just behind of Airborne Invasion.Success of an Amphibious Invasion lies on several several points.

Objective-- To capture entire Taiwan and make it submission.now,Taiwan's Force isn't weak.it is somewhat good according to its size and truly can defend itself to certain point.

Intelligence

Approach--China may target some unguarded beaches,which may reduce their casualty.but their journey will be none the less perilous.see,Taiwan has a capable Navy.they owns a lot of ASCM.Smaller Crafts armed with ASCM(missile Boats like Kuang Hua VI, which Taiwan has some around 40)could be used by great effectiveness to damage these troop carrying ships.plus,Coastal Arty will be another thing of concern.nobody could expect to wipe out entire "Coastal Battery" using Missiles and Bombing.even 30% of Coastal Arty could be devastating.

Assault--if we look towards the battle plans of Taiwan,they're relying on their Army now to defend their Shoreline and Battle will be fought there.their objective will be denying any space to invading force and if it fails,to hold it along the shoreline with the performing "Counter Attack" with help of Navy and Airforce.now,securing beaches in the face of mobile Arty and SRBM will be one of the major challenge.plus,PLA will need to send tens of thousands,if not hundreds of thousand to just secure this beaches.see,most of the beaches of Taiwan is fortified,which will be tough to secure.its easy to say that "thousands of missiles will completely crush its defence bla bla bla",but Gulf War showed that it doesn't.Enemy could regroup even in the face of overwhelming superiority.plus,Taiwan's most(if not all) Airbases are now have Hardened Bases,just like mainland does.it'll be not so easy to cripple their force effectively within short span of time.

Lodgement---To perform this,they've to completely secure these Beachheads so that reinforcements and equipments can be carried out,which is too hard if your opponent has Long Range Arty,cruise missiles and other weapons which could be used to target Ships and Beach Bombardments.

Breakout--Next stage of war.they've to leave Beach and have to headed for inland.now,if we count some 2.5-3 hundred thousand soldiers which will remain and will have defensive posture,clearing this kind of force will need around 2-3 times more soldiers.

the main problem of Amphibious Warfare is bringing all the equipment and Men needed to perform the war.they'll need dozens of LST,LHD/LPD along with constant air support just to secure the beaches and neutralize the opposing force there.now imagine much larger operations just to bring the force which will head for inland.that'll need so massive number of troop carrying ships and aircrafts which China doesn't possess now.now get an estimate that how many ship will be lost(worst case),and if China could carry out the war even in the face of that kind of loss...

now decide whether it is easy or lil bit difficult.

Taiwan's navy is nothing compared to us. We build some 200 JH-7 for naval assaults for exactly this reason. Long range missiles with very long operational range.

We are also introducing J-16, these are perfect for taking out smaller boats. We have some 80 missile boats and 70 submarines, and much more that can take out the Taiwan navy without casualties.

After that, a barrage of missiles would hit Taiwan's air defense batteries, while fighter bombers and other missiles would hit other military targets. If we wait until 40 J-20s are inducted, this would be even more of a cake walk.

In the even of a landing, we would clear the beach and any air defense before landing, our air force is superior by a lot and our weapons has longer range which means our fighters will see and can shoot further than they could, this gives us a great advantage, it might not be no casualties, but it will be close to that. Our type 52D/C are also great anti air platforms, and we have the numbers to completely surround Taiwan. Our second and third carrier will come online no later than 2018 and 2022.

With air superiority and capturing of the beaches, we can build make shift air fields with HQ-9 and S-300 to for air deterrent.

Then comes the IL-76 and if we wait long enough, Y-20. These can carry MBTs, and hundreds of men, as well as Z-20 and WZ-10/19, if we wait, 4 more years.

Which means full divisions of troops can be on Taiwan within the day, and start gunning for the capital, all with air superiority and minimal loses.

You assumption that we won't be able to hit their military targets before landing is foolish and unrealistic, you assumption that we can't cut all methods of communication within Taiwan, save for our satellite communication, is foolish.

Ok Foolish is a harsh word, but I don't think you follow Chinese military advances just those biased journals that says we can't do that and this and all of a sudden you started to believe, but then so did I at one point, they are that good.

How funny it is chinese on thisn forum thinks that they are mighty super power and nobody can do anything to them. Hello! Each and every country know how to fight any invasion. It's not just a piece of cake that Taiwan will give Chinese like "oh here you go, it's yours now" if they are attacked they'll make sure they even take China down with them. So better be a realist rather than being jingoistic. Had it been so easy by now China would've done it.

Taiwan's navy is nothing compared to us. We build some 200 JH-7 for naval assaults for exactly this reason. Long range missiles with very long operational range.

We are also introducing J-16, these are perfect for taking out smaller boats. We have some 80 missile boats and 70 submarines, and much more that can take out the Taiwan navy without casualties.

After that, a barrage of missiles would hit Taiwan's air defense batteries, while fighter bombers and other missiles would hit other military targets. If we wait until 40 J-20s are inducted, this would be even more of a cake walk.

In the even of a landing, we would clear the beach and any air defense before landing, our air force is superior by a lot and our weapons has longer range which means our fighters will see and can shoot further than they could, this gives us a great advantage, it might not be no casualties, but it will be close to that. Our type 52D/C are also great anti air platforms, and we have the numbers to completely surround Taiwan. Our second and third carrier will come online no later than 2018 and 2022.

With air superiority and capturing of the beaches, we can build make shift air fields with HQ-9 and S-300 to for air deterrent.

Then comes the IL-76 and if we wait long enough, Y-20. These can carry MBTs, and hundreds of men, as well as Z-20 and WZ-10/19, if we wait, 4 more years.

Which means full divisions of troops can be on Taiwan within the day, and start gunning for the capital, all with air superiority and minimal loses.

You assumption that we won't be able to hit their military targets before landing is foolish and unrealistic, you assumption that we can't cut all methods of communication within Taiwan, save for our satellite communication, is foolish.

Ok Foolish is a harsh word, but I don't think you follow Chinese military advances just those biased journals that says we can't do that and this and all of a sudden you started to believe, but then so did I at one point, they are that good.

How funny it is chinese on thisn forum thinks that they are mighty super power and nobody can do anything to them. Hello! Each and every country know how to fight any invasion. It's not just a piece of cake that Taiwan will give Chinese like "oh here you go, it's yours now" if they are attacked they'll make sure they even take China down with them. So better be a realist rather than being jingoistic. Had it been so easy by now China would've done it.

LOL, it was the Taiwanese Defence Minister himself who said that Taiwan would not be able to hold longer than a month.

And it was Taiwan's National Security Bureau Director Tsai Der-sheng who said that it would be less than that.

Didn't you read the article in the OP?

Please read my post again I didn't say china won't be able to defeat Taiwan I said it will also be very costly for china. They've got weapons of mass destruction, which I believe is enough to make anyone stay away from war.

LOL, it was the Taiwanese Defence Minister himself who said that Taiwan would not be able to hold longer than a month.

And it was Taiwan's National Security Bureau Director Tsai Der-sheng who said that it would be less than that.

lol, it's funny, how you can say that. As if Iraqi's don't know Americans will have air superiority and bomb them into the sky, but they have nothing that can stop it.

Neither does Taiwan.

It's like saying fighting Mike Tyson, just don't get hit and hit him, a lot easier said than done.

Please read my post again I didn't say china won't be able to defeat Taiwan I said it will also be very costly for china.

I did read your post, here is what you said:

if they are attacked they'll make sure they even take China down with them.

This statement is very illogical, when even Taiwan's own Defence minister said that they would not be able to hold longer than a month.

Read my latest post above.

lol, it's funny, how you can say that. As if Iraqi's don't know Americans will have air superiority and bomb them into the sky, but they have nothing that can stop it.

Neither does Taiwan.

It's like saying fighting Mike Tyson, just don't get hit and hit him, a lot easier said than done.

By down I meant economically. of course not WHOLE China.

I did read your post, here is what you said:

This statement is very illogical, when even Taiwan's own Defence minister said that they would not be able to hold longer than a month.

That's the funny part, the Indian thinks Taiwan can fight back while none of our brothers on that island believe they can win against the PLA. I don't know what his problem is but that kind of stupidity is starting to represent Indians in general.

Again there's nothing with Indians here I am just posting how I feel. Don't generalize statements unnecessarily. And please had it been so, why they would've been purchasing waepons. They would've given up. Why waste money when you know it's of no use. Think!

That's the funny part, the Indian thinks Taiwan can fight back while none of our brothers on that island believe they can win against the PLA. I don't know what his problem is but that kind of stupidity is starting to represent Indians in general.

Again there's nothing with Indians here I am just posting how I feel. Don't generalize statements unnecessarily. And please had it been so, why they would've been purchasing waepons. They would've given up. Why waste money when you know it's of no use. Think!

Taiwan has been buying weapons so does that mean they can prevent China from taking it back? No
First make a decent analysis how Taiwan can take China down as you first claimed in your earlier post.
Secondly compare TW's manpower to the PLA, the number of fighters/ships they have vs the PLA, the number missiles pointing at the island. All you do is talking crap without a decent analysis, as you said you are posting your opinion based on how you feel.

Yeah my bad I actually was saying economically down. Not WHOLE China, that's near to impossible for Taiwan. You read my previous post, right? Then my friend you missed this word probably - Weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION. Taiwan isn't Tibet, they've got enough weaponry to handicap China. Nuclear is enough as far as I know how deadly those are.

Taiwan has been buying weapons so does that mean they can prevent China from taking it back? No
First make a decent analysis how Taiwan can take China down as you first claimed in your earlier post.
Secondly compare TW's manpower to the PLA, the number of fighters/ships they have vs the PLA, the number missiles pointing at the island. All you do is talking crap without a decent analysis, as you said you are posting your opinion based on how you feel.

Yeah my bad I actually was saying economically down. Not WHOLE China, that's near to impossible for Taiwan. You read my previous post, right? Then my friend you missed this word probably - Weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION. Taiwan isn't Tibet, they've got enough weaponry to handicap China. Nuclear is enough as far as I know how deadly those are.

Excuse me? Is this the only crap you can keep on repeating based on your feelings?

Taiwan won't have WMD, America won't let it, Taiwan government doesn't want it. They know if they even let out that they are in the mist of it, we would launch a strike and the US can't intervene because of it.

As to your previous attempts, I listed why Taiwan can't retaliate or have effective defense, they don't have the right or enough weapons to do it.

They can't stop missiles we can, they can't shoot down stealth aircraft, they have no satellite that can keep an eye on military instillation, we can. They can't stop our superior fighters, and they can't even attack our troops without being bombed by artillery, missiles and fighter bombers.

So tell me, how exactly is Taiwan going to with stand a month?

WILL TO FIGHT? Tsai Der-sheng contradicted the defense minister, saying the nation might not last a month against China unless the public was willing to resist an invasion

By Rich Chang, Lo Tien-pin and Jake Chung / Staff reporters, with staff writer
March 11, 2014

National Security Bureau Director Tsai Der-sheng answers questions on how long Taiwan could withstand an attack from China, unaided, at a meeting of the legislature’s Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee yesterday.

Photo: Wang Min-wei, Taipei Times

National Security Bureau Director Tsai Der-sheng (蔡得勝) yesterday contradicted a statement made by Minister of National Defense Yen Ming (嚴明) on how long the country could withstand a Chinese attack.

Yen had said last week that Taiwan could survive “at least one month,” should China invade, without help from the US, adding the estimate was based on conclusions drawn from various war games.

Tsai was responding a request from Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) Legislator Chien Tung-ming (簡東明) at a meeting of the legislature’s Foreign Affairs and National Defense Committee yesterday to comment on Yen’s remarks.

“The Ministry of National Defense has a better understanding of the military strength of both sides, so it said Taiwan’s military will be able to withstand a Chinese attack for one month. Yet whether the nation is capable of resisting for a month depends on the public’s will to resist an invasion. If everyone wants to leave, [Taiwan] might not be able to withstand for a month,” Tsai said.

He added that modern warfare proceeds very quickly, unlike during World War I or World War II.

Meanwhile, regarding the Legislative Yuan’s review of the cross-strait services trade agreement that is slated to begin tomorrow, Tsai yesterday said that any increased cross-strait interaction runs the risk of compromising national security, as China would attempt to infiltrate Taiwan.

However, he added that the bureau has already made a security assessment last month and taken necessary precautions with all related government agencies, but that the risks were minimal.

The assessment was sent to the Legislative Yuan last week, he added.

Democratic Progressive Party Legislator Tsai Huang-liang (蔡煌瑯) said that 784 Chinese are known to have overstayed their visas, with the number of illegal Chinese in the country coming to more than 1,000 if those smuggled in were also included.

These Chinese are in every part of the country, and pose considerable risk to society and national security, Tsai Huang-liang said.

When asked by if the bureau could get an accurate number on Chinese in Taiwan, Tsai Der-sheng said that if the bureau did not know the whereabouts of a Chinese national, then it did not keep tabs on them.

“We will attempt to find out their location and residence to do our best at maintaining security,” Tsai Der-sheng said.

Taiwan would not survive month of attack, NSB says - Taipei Times

Like Israel, Taiwan should become a Nuclear power and but a capability of very high collateral damage to protect its sovereignty.

Back
Top Bottom