What's new

Taiwan teenager died after playing computer game non-stop for 40 hours

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India

An 18-year-old collapsed and died at an internet café in Taiwan after playing an online computer game for 40 hours straight.

10:36AM BST 19 Jul 2012
The youth, identified only by his surname, Chuang, had reportedly gone without food for almost two days.

He entered a private room at an internet café in Tainan, southern Taiwan at around lunchtime on July 13 and logged into the role-playing game, Diablo 3.

For two days he continued uninterrupted but on the morning of July 15, an attendant found him asleep at the computer and woke him up, according to a report in the local United Daily News broadsheet.

After staggering a few steps Mr Chuang collapsed. He never regained consciousness and was pronouced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Police are now investigating the cause of death.

High end research is conducted by these gaming industry giants to make more addictive game. They even sort to measure the addictiveness by medial process such as FMRI to study the brain of test subjects and to understand the effect of various part of game on players.

Its not the first time it has happened.

I once played dota 2 for 12 hours straight, with 20min breaks in between and 10min fap time. This guy didn't do that. RIP

ATTENTION!!

All those addicted to PDF better watch out!
Worry.gif
Worry.gif

An 18-year-old collapsed and died at an internet café in Taiwan after playing an online computer game for 40 hours straight.

10:36AM BST 19 Jul 2012
The youth, identified only by his surname, Chuang, had reportedly gone without food for almost two days.

He entered a private room at an internet café in Tainan, southern Taiwan at around lunchtime on July 13 and logged into the role-playing game, Diablo 3.

For two days he continued uninterrupted but on the morning of July 15, an attendant found him asleep at the computer and woke him up, according to a report in the local United Daily News broadsheet.

After staggering a few steps Mr Chuang collapsed. He never regained consciousness and was pronouced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Police are now investigating the cause of death.

this guy was in an internet cafe for two days continuously ........heck dont they close the cafe at night or something?

They run the internet cafes 24/7. I recall several news of Taiwanese men falling victim to exhaustion while continously playing video games for hours, there was even one guy who masturbated himself to death.

They run the internet cafes 24/7. I recall several news of Taiwanese men falling victim to exhaustion while continously playing video games for hours, there was even one guy who masturbated himself to death.

Although one shouldn't laugh at another person's death.. But still :rofl: on that...

me being the original tharki :D
wonder how many times it took to do that:)

Will definitely buy the game now ! I think it costs around 3000 rupees (indian).

Back
Top Bottom