What's new

Taiwan Looks to China for Massive Economic Boost

Every Chinese unification in history was done by force or under the backing of force. It would be naive to expect differently for Taiwan.

Hong Kong was not taken by Military Force which we could have done but took it intact, However if Independence which is unlikely for now will have force, It's best to take it Intact but if independence or secession comes then respond with force.

Hong Kong was not taken by Military Force which we could have done but took it intact, However if Independence which is unlikely for now will have force, It's best to take it Intact but if independence or secession comes then respond with force.
You do know that Deng Xiaoping told Margret Thatcher that he will take Hong Kong back one way or the other right? That's backing of force right there. Taiwan is already de facto independent from Mainland. It's naive not to recognize that.

being soft economically today, means being forced to be hard militarily tomorrow.

being hard economically today, means no military tomorrow.

You do know that Deng Xiaoping told Margret Thatcher that he will take Hong Kong back one way or the other right? That's backing of force right there. Taiwan is already de facto independent from Mainland. It's naive not to recognize that.

But got back intact, Taipei is apart of China they can't go anywhere however DPP is the only ones not recognizing this.

and the one china policy stands to this day Taipei is not going anyway DPP knows what will happen.

china-map-with-taiwan.jpg

being soft economically today, means being forced to be hard militarily tomorrow.

being hard economically today, means no military tomorrow.

CPC isn't soft they have threaten if any plans to secede would result in military invasion.

But got back intact, Taipei is apart of China they can't go anywhere however DPP is the only ones not recognizing this.

and the one china policy stands to this day Taipei is not going anyway DPP knows what will happen.

china-map-with-taiwan.jpg

We got Hong Kong back peacefully because the British knew they couldn't keep it militarily. If Taiwan thinks it can postone unification indefinitely with American help, they will likely to. Make no mistake, status quo is de facto independence in disguise. By granting Taiwan economic incentives now, it is encouraging them to maintain the status quo, which is unacceptable.

We are no closer to unification under this KMT government than under DPP few years ago, despite our gifts to the island.

CPC isn't soft they have threaten if any plans to secede would result in military invasion.
Taiwan is already not under the control of China. If your wife is cheating right in front of you, would you wait until she verbally admits it or would you smack that *****? Saying Taiwan won't declare independence when they already are operating as if they are is self-deceit.

In Chinese proverb, 自欺欺人.

We got Hong Kong back peacefully because the British knew they couldn't keep it militarily. If Taiwan thinks it can postone unification indefinitely with American help, they will likely to. Make no mistake, status quo is de facto independence in disguise. By granting Taiwan economic incentives now, it is encouraging them to maintain the status quo, which is unacceptable.

We are no closer to unification under this KMT government than under DPP few years ago, despite our gifts to the island.

The British could have never held on HK , Taipei even with US help will never win, their Navy and Air-force will be wiped out. Taipei eventually it will unify there is no mistake about that as China grows stronger. we are not closer to unification true but we have forged many close relations the process of unification will take time and won't happen over night. what are you proposing taking a harder stance on the island or invasion ?

The British could have never held on HK , Taipei even with US help will never win, their Navy and Air-force will be wiped out. Taipei eventually it will unify there is no mistake about that as China grows stronger. we are not closer to unification true but we have forged many close relations the process of unification will take time and won't happen over night. what are you proposing taking a harder stance on the island or invasion ?
The British tried holding on to HK. Thatcher adopted a hardline stand during the early negotiations because Britain just won in Falklands. Deng Xiaoping called her bluff. Without our military, you think the British would have given HK up willingly? No.

We can take over Taiwan anytime we want, but there is the matter of American intervention. We don't have the air or naval capability to match them yet, thus we're taking our time. I don't advocate for immediate invasion of Taiwan, but I do advocate tying economic incentives to unification process. You don't reward a child for behaving like a brat, so why would you give sweets to Taiwan if they are in bed with Americans?

Economically, Taiwan needs mainland China, not the other way around. If they want economic benefits, they will need to follow a time table for unification, not play the status quo game. Let's say at a certain time (20 years for now), they are still wishy-washy about unification, we take the island by force.

The British tried holding on to HK. Thatcher adopted a hardline stand during the early negotiations because Britain just won in Falklands. Deng Xiaoping called her bluff. Without our military, you think the British would have given HK up willingly? No.

We can take over Taiwan anytime we want, but there is the matter of American intervention. We don't have the air or naval capability to match them yet, thus we're taking our time. I don't advocate for immediate invasion of Taiwan, but I do advocate tying economic incentives to unification process. You don't reward a child for behaving like a brat, so why would you give sweets to Taiwan if they are in bed with Americans?

Economically, Taiwan needs mainland China, not the other way around. If they want economic benefits, they will need to follow a time table for unification, not play the status quo game. Let's say at a certain time (20 years for now), they are still wishy-washy about unification, we take the island by force.

Point Taken.

What we need is to break the dominance of silicon. If China can develop the world's first computer that overcomes traditional silicon's physical limits (molecular electronics, carbon electronics, photonic computers, or even the holy grain, quantum computing; organic electronics is too late, we fell behind) then all the processes, all the machinery, etc. developed in the past would become useless, everyone starts from a clean slate, except one...

the same is true for displays; if we get away from LCD and Plasma, and go for something else, we will win...

That's why we're so feverishly looking for new computing possibilities and huge amounts of money are being poured into materials science and condensed matter physics research.

DPP needs to be sent off forever. Mr. Ma has done an excellent Job.

They have come to Yunnan for a dialogue. this is the fiirst step. Finally ,they will give up their Independance party programme。形势比人强

Indeed while we prepare, KMT the rules the island and we influence it as. status quo for now best to let both sides to develop.

Hsinchu park is the golden goose. :azn:

I think finally democratic taiwan will influence whole china, and Taiwan will be a model province of china, which is the slogan of taiwan in jiang jingguo times

They have come to Yunnan for a dialogue. this is the fiirst step. Finally ,they will give up their Independance party programme。形势比人强

I think finally democratic taiwan will influence whole china, and Taiwan will be a model province of china, which is the slogan of taiwan in jiang jingguo times

:lol: oh my god, you still haven't woken up.

On the 1st of July 1997, when I was much younger, I stood in the middle of Central to watch the fireworks as Hong Kong SAR was born again.

Peaceful reunification with Taiwan will happen in my lifetime, I know it will.

And I will live to see the day, in which China is unified once again. No doubt about it. :cheers:

On the 1st of July 1997, when I was much younger, I stood in the middle of Central to watch the fireworks as Hong Kong SAR was born again.

Peaceful reunification with Taiwan will happen in my lifetime, I know it will.

And I will live to see the day, in which China is unified once again. No doubt about it. :cheers:

We will probably be old men by the time happens in taipei . :lol:

DPP won't change the whole object of the party is to secede, if they disband it yes.

Back
Top Bottom