What's new

Taiwan is more Chinese than PRC China?

During the Marco Polo era, China was also known as "Cathay". That's the reason for a Cathay Pacific Airlines name in Hong Kong.

That's right. Cathay Pacific is my favorite airline. :D

you are right. Chinese mainland and Taiwan are the same language and the same race,but the thread is about who represents China。

No question about that.

Under international law, as set by the United Nations, the PRC is the sole representative of the Chinese nation.

you are right. Chinese mainland and Taiwan are the same language and the same race,but the thread is about who represents China。

The purpose of my comment is, just so other members do not get confused over Nationality and Ethnicity.

The word "Chinese" is a Nationality, but "Han" is an Ethnicity. Let's say, an Indian immigrates to China, he shall then be called, Chinese-Indian. But he shall never ever be a HAN.
As regards to qinglong's comment, he's 99% right. and I just wanted to add the difference between Nationality and Ethnicity.

Also, that's another reason, others specify "Han-Chinese".

The purpose of my comment is, just so other members do not get confused over Nationality and Ethnicity.

The word "Chinese" is a Nationality, but "Han" is an Ethnicity. Let's say, an Indian immigrates to China, he shall then be called, Chinese-Indian. But he shall never ever be a HAN.
As regards to qinglong's comment, he's 99% right. and I just wanted to add the difference between Nationality and Ethnicity.

Also, that's another reason, others specify "Han-Chinese".

But Taiwanese han is a mixture of mainland han and native malay tribes.If they can be called as han people,why a hanized indian can't?

possible, a lot of the upper class left with the Nationalists when they fled. The people that actually have the luxury of knowing and actively practicing Chinese customs. While China also had the cultural revolution. In fact Taiwan still uses the date system that is undoubtedly Chinese.

However I will say this, Qing is not the same as Ming, Ming not the same as Yuan, even Tang and Song are different, and yet they are all Chinese.

So what does this tell us, whoever controls the mainland is Chinese and thus can dictate what being Chinese means.

I find China PR as the real China, since they have all the historical sites, and have 50 and more ethnic groups and cultures

I find China PR as the real China, since they have all the historical sites, and have 50 and more ethnic groups and cultures

as does the vast majority of international organizations and governments, why is this even discussed is the question we should ask

possible, a lot of the upper class left with the Nationalists when they fled. The people that actually have the luxury of knowing and actively practicing Chinese customs. While China also had the cultural revolution. In fact Taiwan still uses the date system that is undoubtedly Chinese.

However I will say this, Qing is not the same as Ming, Ming not the same as Yuan, even Tang and Song are different, and yet they are all Chinese.

So what does this tell us, whoever controls the mainland is Chinese and thus can dictate what being Chinese means.

Chinese history is composed of various dynasties that succeeded one another. But there is only one emperor at a time.

Taiwanese are Chinese. The fact is that Han Chinese a mixture of people that were at one time not Chinese. Taiwanese is no exception.

:omghaha:

You are crazy! :cuckoo:

50% of those historical relics were destroyed. What you saw today are new replicas restored by Taiwanese and Overseas Chinese.

In the culture and society, you call those people as Chinese??? :disagree:

Chinese people is very high cultured, have high standard of hygiene, and very polite. Confucianism is well known for the discipline.

What you saw today is the students of Marxism, cultured as Marxism, very far of being Chinese. Dirty and Lowly. Who are anti-Chinese, anti-Confucianism. They destroyed a lot of Chinese culture and heritage.

Everytimes I went to mainland, seeing dirty and rude people, I feel so shame. The fact is most of the real Chinese (Taiwanese, Hongkonger and Overseas Chinese) don't want to be associated with this fallen people. That is the fact.

50% of those historical relics were destroyed. What you saw today are new replicas restored by Taiwanese and Overseas Chinese.

Chinese people is very high cultured, have high standard of hygiene, and very polite. Confucianism is well known for the discipline.

What you saw today is the students of Marxism, cultured as Marxism, very far of being Chinese. Dirty and Lowly. Who are anti-Chinese, anti-Confucianism. They destroyed a lot of Chinese culture and heritage.

Everytimes I went to mainland, seeing dirty and rude people, I feel so shame. The fact is most of the real Chinese (Taiwanese, Hongkonger and Overseas Chinese) don't want to be associated with this fallen people. That is the fact.

That was a bit rude. I find Mainlanders and Taiwanese very respectful. The problem is politics.

lol, first break the bond from your US daddy before talking about how "Chinese" you are. :coffee:

Sounds both are proud to be Chinese, welcome,if one day American say "we are more Chinese than Chinese" , that will be well.

So, to behave like a white men's dog should be the true behavior of Chinese?

We Mainlanders will never sink as low as you Taiwanese cowards. No matter it is KMT or DPP, both are same piece of sh!t. :coffee:

resizeofchensbclinton7hj.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom