What's new

Taiwan Conducts Live Fire Drills on Spratlys, Angering Vietnam

Just wait for Hillary!

Yes, I also read that article, absolutely for the sake of its own US interest.

Bro as much as i sympathise with Vietnam's position in spratlys islands case/dispute. I must say you people should be realistic as well. Of course the U.S is looking out only for its own interests, why wouldnt it? Every country is only out for their own interests(philippines included). If you people want the U.S to intervene and shed its blood(and pput its own territory/economy in danger as well) for Vietnam/philippines, then you people have to first solve your problems among yourselves, afterall, Philippines and Vietnam still claim the same islands as well, same with Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines , Malaysia, Indonesia etc, you all have competing cliams with each other one way or another. So why will the U.S intervene to help you people when you cant even help yourselves/solve your issues among yourselves? If you people had solve your disputes among yourselves, then it will be much more easier for the U.S to look at things from a China vs YOU ALL perspective, but as of now, its not the case and there wont be any direct intervention from the U.S no matter the situation(that's something im sure about).

So get your acts together first among you people, that will be a good first step to face china later and more pragmatically. Else you people are not much different from China, since you all seem to be looking out for yourselves/own interests instead of acting for each other/as a group. That doesn't help things. No hard feelings though. Just my 2 cents.:cheers:

Last edited:
Bro as must as i sympathise with Vietnams position in sprastlys islands case/dispute. I must say you people should be realists as well. Of course the U.S is looking out only for its own interests, why wouldnt it? Every country is only out for their own interests(philippines included). If you people want the U.S to intervene and shed its blood(and pput its own territory/economy in danger as well) for Vietnam/philippines, then you people have to first solve your problems among yourselves, afterall, Philippines and Vietnam still claim the same islands as well, same with Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines , Malaysia, Indonesia etc, you all have competing cliams with each other one way or another. So why will the U.S interven to help you people when you cant even solve your issues among yourselves? If you people had solve your disputes among yourselves, then it will be much more easier for the U.S to look at things from a China vs you all perspective, but as of now, its not the case and there wont be any intervention from the U.S no matter the situation(thats something im sure about).

So get your acts together first among you people, that will be a giid first step to face china later and more pragmatically. Else you people are not much different from China, since you all seem to be looking out for yourselves/own interests instead of acting for each other/as a group. That doesnt help things. No hard feelings though. Just my 2 cents.:cheers:

Well spoken, however I believe viets and pinoys have good chances to get supports anyway as U.S and your leaders are gonna make assessment according to definition of emotional justice(like for the seemly week and pitiable) and most importantly national and strategical interests, otherwise so many actions of "good intention" would be called off before. Ofc the blood support would come much much later in this case (if ever), but words of encouragements, logistical supports and weapon contracts could certainly be provided to desires.

There's nothing wrong in providing political, economic and moral support to the leadership in the Philippines, Vietnam and all other parties that want to resolve the maritime row diplomatically. The Chinese side should approach this pragmatically as well.

I'm starting to think this region is more volatile than even the Middle East.
you be wrong, China won't go to war any time soon. We have a very strict time line, we are waiting for quite a few system to roll off the assembly line and for our economy to be able to properly support our men. So the closest date would be around 2020, and by then our economic and political power may very well be enough to take care of things without force.

The middle east is very different, rich, poor, or destitute, it's always war. There is no long term planning, there's just no planning period, from the look of things.

There's nothing wrong in providing political, economic and moral support to the leadership in the Philippines, Vietnam and all other parties that want to resolve the maritime row diplomatically. The Chinese side should approach this pragmatically as well.

No, there isn't, but what makes you think China definitely wants war. Having said what I said, do you doubt our ability to rain death on any ASEAN nation without suffering much in return.

In terms of coast guard moves, we can do more, I seen calculations, and Chinese coast guard tonnage pretty much equals Japan + ASEAN combined. But we don't, is that not a signal.

For all the talk of aggressive China, we could be doing so much more.

Bro as much as i sympathise with Vietnam's position in spratlys islands case/dispute. I must say you people should be realistic as well. Of course the U.S is looking out only for its own interests, why wouldnt it? Every country is only out for their own interests(philippines included). If you people want the U.S to intervene and shed its blood(and pput its own territory/economy in danger as well) for Vietnam/philippines, then you people have to first solve your problems among yourselves, afterall, Philippines and Vietnam still claim the same islands as well, same with Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines , Malaysia, Indonesia etc, you all have competing cliams with each other one way or another. So why will the U.S intervene to help you people when you cant even help yourselves/solve your issues among yourselves? If you people had solve your disputes among yourselves, then it will be much more easier for the U.S to look at things from a China vs YOU ALL perspective, but as of now, its not the case and there wont be any direct intervention from the U.S no matter the situation(that's something im sure about).

So get your acts together first among you people, that will be a good first step to face china later and more pragmatically. Else you people are not much different from China, since you all seem to be looking out for yourselves/own interests instead of acting for each other/as a group. That doesn't help things. No hard feelings though. Just my 2 cents.:cheers:

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, this is why China doesn't give a damn about ASEAN as a strategic bloc, they got more problems with each other than with us.

Sooner or later they will come to terms with the fact they can no more stop China as they can of stopping a tornado, then the in fighting will begin in earnest.

See China right now don't have enough prestige to justify capitulating to us, but we soon will, when we surpass the US in economy and vastly improve our military both in spending and capability, to go with a vastly improved living standard.

But they will never see fit that they should surrender to each other. Vietnam think it's the big dog, while Indonesia thinks it's all that, Malaysia wants control while Singapore looks at them like savages. Philippines is proud for accomplishing pretty much nothing, ever, Cambodia and Laos don't like Vietnam, let's not forget Thailand is also pretty vain(look at that "carrier," only carrier to not have aircraft) and where the hell is Brunei.

It's like asking the French to see Germany as the undisputed power, or vice versa, or for them all to accept UK. I mean you guys can all accept the US, but how many will accept each other?

But they will never see fit that they should surrender to each other. Vietnam think it's the big dog, while Indonesia thinks it's all that, Malaysia wants control while Singapore looks at them like savages. Philippines is proud for accomplishing pretty much nothing, ever, Cambodia and Laos don't like Vietnam, let's not forget Thailand is also pretty vain(look at that "carrier," only carrier to not have aircraft) and where the hell is Brunei.

It's like asking the French to see Germany as the undisputed power, or vice versa, or for them all to accept UK. I mean you guys can all accept the US, but how many will accept each other?

lool Come we the U.K are the undisputed leader in Europe, no argument in that.:angry::p: But yes the U.S is all our DADDY(well for now).:D

lool Come we the U.K are the undisputed leader in Europe, no argument in that.:angry::p: But yes the U.S is all our DADDY.:D

Nope, the US is your son, but the son is now ruling over his father.

BTW, the French-German axis is also looking to kick you out if they could get a chance.

No, there isn't, but what makes you think China definitely wants war. Having said what I said, do you doubt our ability to rain death on any ASEAN nation without suffering much in return.
In terms of coast guard moves, we can do more, I seen calculations, and Chinese coast guard tonnage pretty much equals Japan + ASEAN combined. But we don't, is that not a signal.
For all the talk of aggressive China, we could be doing so much more.

I think the consensus is to evade military conflict. As weak as the Philippines is , militarily speaking, I admire their spirit to solve this diplomatically. My view is, its better to solve this diplomatically. Look at how Japan and China were able to resolve our maritime row through bilateral communique and good faith gestures. Theres no reason why these ASEAN nations can't do the same.

Besides, no one really wants a war. I have a lot of confidence and faith in China to be pragmatic and wise in this process.

lool Come we the U.K are the undisputed leader in Europe, no argument in that.:angry::p: But yes the U.S is all our DADDY(well for now).:D

LOL. So you're the baby daddy turned into daddy sitting on the passenger's seat? LOL

LOL. So you're the baby daddy turned into daddy sitting on the passenger's seat? LOL

Well, we do this now cuz our interests match and we have more to gain by be partners(though a junior one). Thats life/geo politics. Remember the U.S and much of the world was once our babies as well. Back then no country was our equal. So things will also change in future, the U.S wont remain on top forever as well, another country will one day take over(and the U.S might/will even become the baby as well.lool).

Its same today, which country can be said to be an equal to the U,S? China? Russia? Japan(dont even mention this one.lol), India? Brazil? NO COUNTRY(well for now though).:agree::cheers:

I think the consensus is to evade military conflict. As weak as the Philippines is , militarily speaking, I admire their spirit to solve this diplomatically. My view is, its better to solve this diplomatically. Look at how Japan and China were able to resolve our maritime row through bilateral communique and good faith gestures. Theres no reason why these ASEAN nations can't do the same.

Besides, no one really wants a war. I have a lot of confidence and faith in China to be pragmatic and wise in this process.

Admire their spirit? lol, being from a previous failed nation, I can tell you, that is not spirit, that is ignorance. Chinese were also demanding Chang to go at you guys during WW2, only to find the battle of Shanghai completely routed the nationalist forces resulting in the lost of Nanjing and the eventual push to Chong Qing.

That's not spirit, that's stupidity.

Also to solve it diplomatically? Lol, looking at the Philippines' actions, shooting fishermen and all that, I doubt they be peaceful, if they had any other options, but I guess even their crazy belief in oneself, based on essentially nothing, knows what would happen, when a ship armed with machine guns would fare against a ship armed with the latest tech.

so you agree with what I'm saying then, you guys can all accept someone you cannot hope to match, but not each other. lol

Admire their spirit? lol, being from a previous failed nation, I can tell you, that is not spirit, that is ignorance. Chinese were also demanding Chang to go at you guys during WW2, only to find the battle of Shanghai completely routed the nationalist forces resulting in the lost of Nanjing and the eventual push to Chong Qing.

That's not spirit, that's stupidity.

Also to solve it diplomatically? Lol, looking at the Philippines' actions, shooting fishermen and all that, I doubt they be peaceful, if they had any other options, but I guess even their crazy belief in oneself, based on essentially nothing, knows what would happen, when a ship armed with machine guns would fare against a ship armed with the latest tech.

Nihonji san, im afraid i have to agree with Genesis on this one, No country is a saint like i said several times before. Any country who claims to be a saint/innocent/pure or whatever is bullshit, its just because they dont have the capabilities to do so. I already disproved that theory as well on here with another chinese members who were saying China is honest/innocent etc and that the U.S is all war mongering/evil/murderer for the arms it uses and its invasions in Iraq , Afghanistan, Vietnam, Pakistan(drones) etc.... Any country who says that is because they have no other choice. same like when China was a hegemon in asia with its tributary states from Korea, to Japan, to mongolia, to Malysia to Nepal to its 1000 year colonization of Vietnam etc etc. same with Japans own period of power from its colonization/invasion of Korea to Taiwan, to east/coastal china to almost all of Asia etc, same with Portugal, Spain, France, dutch etc, they all look like saint/peaceful today, but when they had the power/capabilities to project power/subjugate others , they did exactly that.:agree: The hell, even little/small Vietnam with its little power it got it invaded Cambodia and Laos few times.:lol: Imagine of they had the power of say China or Japan, by the words of one Vietnamese member on here(VIET), they would have long conquered invaded even China, Japan and all of south east Asia.:D:P

So thats why when i hear memebers here say they are peaceful while other countries are hegemonistic/evil i just :rofl:

Last edited:
Nope, the US is your son, but the son is now ruling over his father.

BTW, the French-German axis is also looking to kick you out if they could get a chance.

lool yes i know, we made them, but we are now a junior partner to them, simply because we are realistic and table turned.:D but then again Is China an equal to the U.S?:P

lool yes i know, we made them, but we are now a junior partner to them, simply because we are realistic and table turned.:D but then again Is China an equal to the U.S?:P

The Russia-China axis could counter against the US, since we all have a common goal.

Obama once has tried hard to divide the Russia-China axis, but he has failed badly at the end.

In order to appease Russia, he even leaked your nuclear missile codes to Russia, but still, he couldn't get the job done.

WikiLeaks claim the US are set to reveal British nuclear secrets to Russia | Daily Mail Online

Obama simply cannot stop China, neither Hillary or the neocons could.

Back
Top Bottom