What's new

Taiwan aide vows defense against China

Many Taiwanese are proud of who their are today. As many Taiwanese words are not Southern Min any more but borrowed Japanese words. Taiwanese love Sushi, Udon, Soba, Monga, Anime, Karaoke, Japanese industry and Japanese cultural influence. The reality is that because Japan, in the post war years, has been the most infuencial asian culture and business that bring Asian pride to Taiwanese. A role no doubt will be taken over by China soon.

"Taiwanese" is in the category of South Min Dialect as Beijing dialect, Sichuan dialect, and Northeastern dialect are in the category of Mandarin. In Taiwan, han chinese which accounts for 98% of local populaton speaks two dialects apart from official standard Mandarin, SouthMin and Hakka. South Min has different names in different chinese-speaking regions. In taiwan, it is called "taiwanese", in Singapore and Malaysia, it is called "hokkien" or "fokkien", which means "福建”, in china, south min also many varients. the most influential one is Amoi (Xiamen dialect), taiwanese dialect is almost identical to Amoi.

BTW,Sushi,Anime, Karaoke are nothing less popular in china ;)

"Taiwanese" is in the category of South Min Dialect as Beijing dialect, Sichuan dialect, and Northeastern dialect are in the category of Mandarin. In Taiwan, han chinese which accounts for 98% of local populaton speaks two dialects apart from official standard Mandarin, SouthMin and Hakka. South Min has different names in different chinese-speaking regions. In taiwan, it is called "taiwanese", in Singapore and Malaysia, it is called "hokkien" or "fokkien", which means "福建”, in china, south min also many varients. the most influential one is Amoi (Xiamen dialect), taiwanese dialect is almost identical to Amoi.

BTW,Sushi,Anime, Karaoke are nothing less popular in china
;)

Exactly!

Also, I don't view that as a threat, rather mutual cultural exchange as Sino-Nippon share a very long and friendly historical ties.

It does seem that you only read your history book in simplified Chinese. The defeat of KMT is a complicated history, and as a modern day Chinese, one should also have knowledge on the KMT version to make an unbiased judgement.

Talking about selling out territory what would you say about the border agreement with Russia in 2004? Even 海参威 was almost a gift to the Soviet by CCP. Check out the agreement between KMT and Soviet in 1945 on the far east territories.

There's no need for a discussion on Chinese history here, I think.

well it is not a good manner trying to argue in a way insinuating people holding different points are biased or brainwashed.

what you mentioned "海参威" is “海参崴” (HaiShenwai) actually, namely today's vladivostok. Qing empire ceded the northern territory to Russia. ROC government didn't acknowledge it at first, but accepted it as a reality in 1945 as part of Yalta System and Sino-Soviet friendship treaty. Not only was ROC able to regain a single inch territory back from russia, also it lost 3 additional islands in Heilongjiang River in Zhongdonglu Incident(中东路事件), 2.5 of the 3 islands were taken back from Russia by PRC last year except half of the Heixiazi Island.

Lenin and Stalin never had the intention to give vladivostok back to china. There used to be one hundred thousand chinese and Korean in vladivostok. All of them were all either massacred or deported to middle asia by Stalin. he cannot tolerate the presence of non-white people in that important city, which is the headquarter of pacific fleet. The story PRC turned down the soviet's offer of northern territory to flatter USSR is totally a joke weaved by falungong. they have a website "还我河山“ making stuff like this to bash PRC, ironically, they are quite popular among china's brainless untra-nationalists.

After Chang-kai shek(what you called "jiang") and his ROC retreated to taiwan, he denied "Sino-Soviet friendship treaty" and claim Vladivostok again, and drawed an unprecedentedly large map of China like the shape of leaf. PRC didn't do anything regrettable to chinese in north terriority. the de facto territory of PRC is the largest in china's history.

You will always be chinese as long as you taiwanese still speak and write chinese words and language. There is also a lot of young people like Japanese cartoon and products, so what? even 沙发 is come from sofa,does that means US president take over the role of Confucius ?

I'm an American with a Chinese background. I do value my Taiwanese heritage and I admire the advancement of China in the last 30 years. It is very impressive indeed. In the US, people also like anime, Japanese products and Monga. In US, you can find shakespear in Monga. Get back to topic, Taiwan has longer and deeper Japanese and western influence because it has always been tied to the west since 1945. China just opened up in 1980s. I do admire how Taiwan can absorb different cultures into its own. But I guess China is doing that as well.

WHat is ur issue man...why bash India at every post....u r a chinese i know but at least be logical..

When the ppl of taiwan love freedom and independence no one can do anythng bout it....or u can let taiwan take over China...

(i thnk that is also a good option coz finally it is merger only....and am also happy that thhere will be democracy in China and there will be open will of 1.4 bilion Chinese and they will not be subjugated to follow what the politicians enforce with/without their will...)

I'm Taiwanese and Chinese. As you have no understand of Taiwan and China, you should just observe and learn instead of embrassing yourself by showing your lack of knowledge. Its one thing to do it on line with stranger but it would be quite embarassing if you do it in front of real people. Hope this help you.

apparently you don't read the textbooks because you don't even know what they say.

yes, there was an agreement in 2004, and one in 1945. do you know why there was an agreement? it was because it is called admitting the facts. it had already been occupied by russia for 100 years. not signing the treaty to formalize it would not have had any impact whatsoever on russia, none whatsoever, zero, because they'll keep it anyways. understand that fact? Unless we go to war again like in 1969, which we weren't going to do, the probability of that land reverting to our control was ZERO.

you may ask, how is that different from Jiang selling the 3 northeast provinces to Japan and outer mongolia to USSR. It's different because Jiang actually had real administrative control over those provinces, and gave it up to Japan and Russia. Need a flow chart or something to understand this concept?

CPC didn't control Outer Manchuria, hell not even the Qing Dynasty did after 1860, the control was not ours to give up for over 100 years, only the CLAIM to control. Can you recognize the difference between the claim to control something being given up, and the actual control of an area being given up?

It's not about outer Mongolia. It's about Haishenwei and Tumenjiang area. At least you can look for and read the English version of the treaty signed by USSR and ROC, which might not be available in simplified Chinese.

well it is not a good manner trying to argue in a way insinuating people holding different points are biased or brainwashed.

what you mentioned "海参威" is “海参崴” (HaiShenwai) actually, namely today's vladivostok. Qing empire ceded the northern territory to Russia. ROC government didn't acknowledge it at first, but accepted it as a reality in 1945 as part of Yalta System and Sino-Soviet friendship treaty. Not only was ROC able to regain a single inch territory back from russia, also it lost 3 additional islands in Heilongjiang River in Zhongdonglu Incident(中东路事件), 2.5 of the 3 islands were taken back from Russia by PRC last year except half of the Heixiazi Island.

Lenin and Stalin never had the intention to give vladivostok back to china. There used to be one hundred thousand chinese and Korean in vladivostok. All of them were all either massacred or deported to middle asia by Stalin. he cannot tolerate the presence of non-white people in that important city, which is the headquarter of pacific fleet. The story PRC turned down the soviet's offer of northern territory to flatter USSR is totally a joke weaved by falungong. they have a website "还我河山“ making stuff like this to bash PRC, ironically, they are quite popular among china's brainless untra-nationalists.

After Chang-kai shek(what you called "jiang") and his ROC retreated to taiwan, he denied "Sino-Soviet friendship treaty" and claim Vladivostok again, and drawed an unprecedentedly large map of China like the shape of leaf. PRC didn't do anything regrettable to chinese in north terriority. the de facto territory of PRC is the largest in china's history.

I don't think you know the truth on "Sino-Soviet Friendship Treaties". The first one was signed in 1945 by USSR and ROC. The second one was signed in 1950 by USSR and PRC. Guess you don't know which denied which or what were the differences in the treaties. I feel sorry for you that you only know some fairy tales from your textbook.

Treaty of Friendship and Alliance (China ? Soviet Union) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Treaty of Friendship and Alliance (Traditional Chinese:中蘇友好同盟條約) is a 1945 treaty signed by Republic of China (ROC) and Soviet Union. In a declaration made in connection with the treaty, the ROC accepted the independence of Mongolia, provided that a referendum on the issue be held.

the burden of proof is on you.

I don't think you know the truth on "Sino-Soviet Friendship Treaties". The first one was signed in 1945 by USSR and ROC. The second one was signed in 1950 by USSR and PRC. Guess you don't know which denied which or what were the differences in the treaties. I feel sorry for you that you only know some fairy tales from your textbook.

would you please tell us the "truth behind the lie" :rofl:

interesting to know. some exchange students are very patriotic.
but i dont think the people using racist words like 支那猪 are the 40 year olds.

I was been called Chinese pig also. I went to the forum which was called "南方论坛"(South Forum)(???? :: ??), I found that most of the talkers in this forum hated China, they didn't think that they were Chinese, they like Japan and USA verymuch. This forum was too green. I don't believe that the blue forum would told the mainlanders are "Chinese pig".:devil:

Back
Top Bottom