What's new

TAI Mosquito - Unmanned Weaponised Helicopter

Babur Han

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hhe Unmanned Helicopter "Mosquito" is developed by TAI, the helicopter is eqippt with Aselflir-300T, armed with 2 X Cirit SAL Guidet Missiles and have a Range up to 150 km

7fcb7f1d.jpg

Thanks going to Combat Master for providing Information in WAFF !

Realy nice news, this is the first armed UAV of Turkiye. if this UAV is operational in the south east. it will be so effective.

It can used for protect and inform to our trops. if there any enemy trops around, UAV can atack to enemy.

However flir is not Aselflir-300T, maybe can 100 or 150.

Hhe Unmanned Helicopter "Mosquito" is developed by TAI, the helicopter is eqippt with Aselflir-300T, armed with 2 X Cirit SAL Guidet Missiles and have a Range up to 150 km

7fcb7f1d.jpg

Thanks going to Combat Master for providing Information in WAFF !

Good achievement congrats,

but is it just me or this UAV really doesnot look like a copter from its appearance,i m talking about its shape

Good achievement congrats,

but is it just me or this UAV really doesnot look like a copter from its appearance,i m talking about its shape

It is not important how the UAV look like, TAI has developed a Helicopter UAV which is Capable to conduct armed reconnaisance Missions. Sooner or later we will see more Advanced Variants with higher Weapon Payload and naval Variant which will be deployed on Warships and which have the Capabillity to hunt enemy FAC.

@[TR]AHMET

However flir is not Aselflir-300T, maybe can 100 or 150.

I probably thought it will be Aselflir-300T, because Aselflir-300T use advanced FLIR with QWIR Technology, CCD Camera and Laser designator to Guide Missiles. I don't know much about Aselflir 100 and 150.

Last edited:
TAI unveils new unmanned combat helicopter

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has unveiled a new unmanned helicopter dubbed “Mosquito”, TRDEFENCE sources reported on Friday.

Mosquito was developed in a very short time frame in order to meet the existing tactical weaponized hovering vehicle requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) in hard-to-reach mountainous areas. First test flight of the helicopter saw it climb to 150 meters and was reported to be very successful.

TAI sources said Mosquito is to have an operating radius of 150 kilometers.

Mosquito was designed as both an unmanned reconnaissance aircraft and a tactical combat aircraft. It carries the advanced AselFLIR 300T electooptics suite, built by Turkish defence electronics giant Aselsan, giving it the capability to see in the infrared bandwidth and operate day and night and under adverse weather conditions. AselFLIR can also ”paint” targets with its integrated laser target designator.

Mosquito is armed with a dual Cirit missile launcher under its sleek fuselage. Cirit is a laser-guided high precision rocket originally designed to provide Turkey’s new generation T-129 attack helicopters with the ability to make surgical strikes on soft and lightly armored targets. It has an effective range of 8 kilometeres.

Mosquito is regarded as Turkey’s first modern unmanned combat aircraft and expected to enter service with the TAF later in 2011. It’ll be used primarily as a reconnaissance helicopter but can also provide fire support in anti-terrorist operations.

Mosquito can be operated by a high-frequency spread spectrum data link or via satellite. An on-board INS system, also built by Aselsan, provides precise navigation information.

TRDEFENCE

TAI unveils new unmanned combat helicopter | TRDEFENCE

Moquito could be usefull for Pakistan Army to fight Taliban in FATA.

on the long view, no need to be futurist to see all major air forces will be all unmanned someday, and this is a good achievement for this goal in behalf of my country.

Congrats!

Im waiting for Burraq UCAV..... Under development by NESCOM.

Pakistan can use the rocket/missile, the unmanned helicopter is useless to Pakistan, please stop throwing around numbers it makes you look stupid. The reason I think Pakistan could use the "rocket" is because it's light and could easily be fitted onto already existing Pakistani UAVs with little modification, it's probably cheaper than most other weapons of this sort.

If someone's got more info on the rocket please post it./

Turns out Australia is also interested in the rocket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roketsan_CiritB]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom