What's new

Tahir ul Qadri's supporters tried to hijack the plane today

Nusrat Javed has as much credibility over Journalism as much Meera has over Islam.

Nusrat Javed is among the most respected journalists of Pakistan, he is criticised for being a liberal but no one has ever questioned his journalistic credentials and I've seen him praised by sikka band jamatis and rightists.

The only genuine journalists anchoring political programs are Nusrat javed (senior most), Mushtaq minhas, mateeh ullah jan, Naseem zahra, Talat hussain and Javed chaudhary. The rest are all TV celebrities who were in different professions before joining the "showbiz" of pakistani private news channels.

I will recommend them for international journalism prize this year.

Nusrat Javed is among the most respected journalists of Pakistan, he is criticised for being a liberal but no one has ever questioned his journalistic credentials and I've seen him praised by sikka band jamatis and rightists.

He is respected for pelting pro regime propaganda. Journalism by definition is not different from prostitution.

Sharif's made Qadri a big deal. I think they shouldn't in the first place have done anything regarding the barricades around his office in Lahore. Secondly, they should have landed him in Islamabad.

I couldn't understand why Shariff's have made him such a big deal and were so scared of him. He has no electoral power. The street power, he is enjoying, is a matter of moment. This all will be evaporated soon.

why shouldn't he made him as a big deal? if he suppose landed in Islamabad and gathers his supporters like 8000 or 9000 and sit in front of Parliament then suppose Qadri say hamla krdo is yazeedi nizam pe then what Police will try to stop those supporters and do some shelling and throw rocks at them and then police will open fire at them just like we saw at Model town and today how PAT supporters attacked Police and beat em just imagine all this in front of Parliament and here comes the Army again and will take over which i think Nawaz or PPP won't allow that happen this time as both PPP and PML-N are still together.. and about barricades if they were there to remove the barricades why wouldn't they allowed them to do so?? PAT had LHC orders/permission about the barricades they should have gone to LHC in the morning challenged that act done by Police and let the court decide rest... when PAT supporters threw rock at police they did tear gas shelling and threw rock why would police open fire unless PAT opened it first we saw their guards at roof standing with guns but after this incident there were no guards we did saw PAT supporters throwing Petrol bombs at police... why did they gathered against just barriers?? why did Maulana at Fajr prayer said go against them if you have to die but don't bow your heads in front of them...

our Media on 17th June was shouting against Punjab Gov and opposition members were asking for resignations... Today where was our Media when Police was being attacked where were those same opposition members today did they asked or condemn this act of PAT supporters NO... i saw Javed ch saying i want to do small protest of what happened with Police just small protest...

Tahir ul qadri wants to become "khomeini" of pakistan, just analyse his actions in that context. People dont know that he is a religious figure not a politician.

I am aware he is a so called religious figure, however, he also has a Fatwa-e-Kufr issued against him for his perverted beliefs.

He's been wanting to get into politics since the 1990s with disastrous electoral results every time. He's a failure and good at charity work only. He should quit politics.

Sharif's made Qadri a big deal. I think they shouldn't in the first place have done anything regarding the barricades around his office in Lahore. Secondly, they should have landed him in Islamabad.
I couldn't understand why Shariff's have made him such a big deal and were so scared of him. He has no electoral power. The street power, he is enjoying, is a matter of moment. This all will be evaporated soon.

What can be the repercussions for Tahir ul Qadri after this international incident? Keep in view that UAE government gave 1 billion dollars to Pakistan because Nawaz Sharif is Prime Minister. Doing this drama with Emirates' Airplane was a bad move? PAT along with Tahir ul Qadri might have to pay for this? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
The only genuine journalists anchoring political programs are Nusrat javed (senior most), Mushtaq minhas, mateeh ullah jan, Naseem zahra, Talat hussain and Javed chaudhary. The rest are all TV celebrities who were in different professions before joining the "showbiz" of pakistani private news channels.
I cant believe you forgot Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Kashif Abbasi, Shahzeb khanzada and waseem badami.

In 2002, TUQ was MNA from Lahore.. He has political party as well called awami tehreek.. And everybody is religious in Pakistan...

In 2002 election PPP and PML-N were banned and most of their people were in jail. Anyone can win if PPP and PML-N are not contesting elections.

I cant believe you forgot Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir, Kashif Abbasi, Shahzeb khanzada and waseem badami.
Even Najam Sethi's sidekick is a serious and accomplished journalist.

You are right. He was made a big deal, but lets be honest, our media played a huge negative role in giving him a huge publicity. Our soldiers are being martyred every day and we dont hear about it.

Secondly, word on the street is that Qadri is being supported by the military, to keep PMLN in check. PMLN came in with a huge mandate and its a big concern for the military because the second biggest party PPP is also with PMLN. Even PPP had a tough time dealing with the military in their tenure so I am guessing the military must have an idea that PPP and PMLN will bond together to keep it check.

Anyways, I condone these institutional grudges, they shouldnt be happening. They pave way for idiots like Qadri to come to Pak and create havoc.

The funny thing is all the so called experts are saying Sharif should have learned from their mistakes, politicians should have learned from their mistakes and do not mess with army. Yet no one is saying Army should have learned from their mistakes! and stop meddling in the affairs of the govt. Power buri bala hay jis ke mun lug jaye chorney ko dil nehe chahta

What can be the repercussions for Tahir ul Qadri after this international incident? Keep in view that UAE government gave 1 billion dollars to Pakistan because Nawaz Sharif is Prime Minister. Doing this drama with Emirates' Airplane was a bad move? PAT along with Tahir ul Qadri might have to pay for this? What do you guys think?
The sheikhs have already banned him from entering UAE, plus Emirates airlines wont be allowing Qadri to use its services anymore. I am sure other middle eastern airlines will follow the same specially Etihad airways.

i think Nawaz or PPP won't allow that happen this time as both PPP and PML-N are still together

If Army wants to take over , they will not take permission from any nawaz sharif or PPP. Army just does want to dirty themselves anymore by coming in the front row, I think they are learning the art of controlling from behind the scence.

PAT had LHC orders/permission about the barricades they should have gone to LHC in the morning challenged that act done by Police and let the court decide rest
This is a very bad mentality to create political disputes and then put all the onus on the courts to settle the issues, if this trend continues then pakistan is heading towards the path of administration failure.

he also has a Fatwa-e-Kufr issued against him for his perverted beliefs.

No one gives a damm about Fatwas in pakistan, we are not a nation of Fatwa followers, people who are not born in pakistan and did not grow in pakistani society have very wrong impression about pakistan.

All these are cheap low class journalists.

In 2002, TUQ was MNA from Lahore.. He has political party as well called awami tehreek.. And everybody is religious in Pakistan...

most of them are only superficial oper oper sey :rofl::rofl::rofl:. They will offer jumma prayers regularly but will also not miss a single chance to screw a slut whenever possible.

Last edited:
No it was 1999, While 2002 election, PMLn won 18 seats, other nawaz sharif supporters ran towards musharaf party...

Thanks for providing help. Below are the election results. Read the full article its informative.

:offpost: This is off topic but its informative.

Pakistan Politics

2002 Elections
New general parliamentary and provincial elections were held on 10 October 2002. A total of 72 parties were registered to contest, but strict rules had been decided upon in advance which barred the former democratically elected Prime Ministers to take part, whereas their parties were allowed to participate. Final results to the National Assembly elections:

• Pakistan Muslim League (Quaid-e-Azam), PML (Q) - 117 (led by Mian Mohd. Azhar)
  • Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarians, PPPP - 81 (led by Benazir Bhutto)
  • Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal, MMA - 60
  • Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz), PML (N) - 19 (led by Nawaz Sharif)
  • Muttahida Qaumi Movement, MQM - 17 (led by Altaf Hussain)
  • National Alliance, NA - 16 (led by Imtiaz Sheikh)
  • Pakistan Muslim League (Functional) - 5
  • Pakistan Muslim League (Junejo) - 3
  • Pakistan Peoples Party (Sherpao) - 2
  • Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaaf - 1
  • Pakistan Awami Tehrik - 1
  • Pakistan Muslim League (Zia) - 1
  • Balochistan National Party - 1
  • Jamhoori Watan Party - 1
  • MQM(H) - 1
  • PSPP - 1
  • Independent candidates - 15

His supporters are not political , they are religiously motivated , he is head of his own sect which I call Tahir-ul-qadri sect and people belonging to this sect are very loyal to TUQ, they will never ever back off from supporting him and that is the reason why he is so confident to confront the government.

There is no religion in his cult. The groups like this empowered some people, who were nobody and then they become something important. He has empowered those people in a way that he has given them recognition and given them an identity. This is all about identity issue. Altaf Hussain had done the same thing, he was not a religious leader.

Anyway; gangs, cults & groups are favorite topics these days in sociology and psychology. The western world has studied these things a lot and they have developed tools to break these cults. You could see, there is every ethnic world group is in the U.S., even then they won't have any social disturbance like this. They know these sorts of social disturbances can hamper their economic development, which they don't want to do.

Pakistan should also train their professionals to deal these social crises.

Back
Top Bottom