What's new

T90 Compared with Al Khalid

intv8n.jpg

Mate, there is an ARDE in Pakistan too that designs and develops tank ammo, gosh!

Armament Research & Development Establishment
Rawalpindi, Pakistan

Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), since its inception in 1974 has been undertaking research and development in the field of arms and ammunitions and has contributed significantly in establishing development and production base through collaboration with public and private sectors. Major accomplishments of ARDE are weapons and tank ammunition.

I'm guessing this is what you're talking about?
http://pakdef.org/industry/

It developed the round for user trials and tests ARDE is LAB a primary designer of weapons its part of DRDO

Like DRDO is a R&D organisation Not manufacturer its OFB or other DSPUs which manufacture Weapons developed by TOT of DRDO

I was discussing the ARDE that is LOCATED in PAKISTAN, The one that DESIGNS and DEVELOPS enhanced 125mm apfsds rounds for Pakistan Army.

T90 vs Al Khalid preety even contest. Anyone can die, shoot accurate first.

T90 vs Al Khalid preety even contest. Anyone can die, shoot accurate first.
There was alot of debate on this issue in VT4 thread...
Better idea to discuss it in the relevant thread...
I tend to agree that T90 and Alkhalid are pretty evenly matched, specially when we consider the cost of both units

There was alot of debate on this issue in VT4 thread...
Better idea to discuss it in the relevant thread...
I tend to agree that T90 and Alkhalid are pretty evenly matched, specially when we consider the cost of both units
T90S and AK-1 are evenly matched?

@iLION12345_1
What is the theory behind the ammo stowage at the back of the turret that can only be accessed externally in the T90M. I understand it is for spare ammunition but, is it really beneficial to the tank considering that it adds weight to the tank and can't be accessed internally.
1649223630666.png

@iLION12345_1
What is the theory behind the ammo stowage at the back of the turret that can only be accessed externally in the T90M. I understand it is for spare ammunition but, is it really beneficial to the tank considering that it adds weight to the tank and can't be accessed internally.
View attachment 831007
Most tanks have “turret overhang” which is the opposite end of the gun tube on the turret. That overhang area has a door with a knee switch that is opened when it is pressed . Basically, it’s best to find some place to hide and then you have to move rounds from the semi ready rack to the ready rack beside the loader.

Moreover, An ammunition rack which is arranged behind the tank turret and whose walls are designed by predetermined break lines such that, in the event of an explosion of ammunition in the external rack , its outside walls are hurled off the sides of the tank thereby protecting the crew of the tank.

Last edited:
T90S and AK-1 are evenly matched?
I’m a year late, but no. AK-1 is significantly superior to T90S. The original AK may be compared to the T90S but apart from armor protection I don’t see Indian T90S taking the edge against Al-Khalid in any category even then.

@iLION12345_1
View attachment 831007
In the original T90S, this same ammo was scattered all over the fighting compartment of the tank, any penetration that struck this ammo would cause a catastrophic explosion that would result in the entire tank and crew blowing up. In the T90M this ammo has been moved to an area at the rear of the turret, as PK said. This is called a Turret bustle, by placing the extra ammo here, any hit to it will simply cause the blow-out panels to channel the explosion away from the crew (which is what PK is talking about).

This ammo is accessed in a safer area when the tank needs to reload its auto-loader, which is not often. A T90M Carries 20+ rounds in its carousel, you will rarely need to fire that many rounds in a normal engagement. The ammo in the carousel is usually enough.

In the end both are based on T-64 and inherit it's fatal flaws what come from carousel type autoloader.

In the end both are based on T-64 and inherit it's fatal flaws what come from carousel type autoloader.
Except neither T90 nor Al-Khalid have anything in common with T64. Nor do they share the same fatal flaw given the carousel auto-loader isn’t the biggest weak spot, ammo lying around in the fighting compartment is, something the T90S suffers from but the Al-Khalid does not. Try doing some basic research before commenting kindly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom