What's new

T20 World Cup 2022

1666800588004.png

1666800615450.png

Ireland

1666800658813.png

1666800687509.png

1666800730078.png

Pakistan have lost 2x matches from Zimbabwe in the last 2 years as far as I know.. it was ODIs or T-20s I don’t remember

We can give them a hat trick tomorrow as we are always kind to minnows

PS: If Pakistan looks to dominate them like England did vs Ireland we could be same position tomorrow

Play them by outclassing them and beating them in every department. Don’t be overconfident and play like fools

Pakistan have lost 2x matches from Zimbabwe in the last 2 years as far as I know.. it was ODIs or T-20s I don’t remember

We can give them a hat trick tomorrow as we are always kind to minnows

PS: If Pakistan looks to dominate them like England did vs Ireland we could be same position tomorrow

Play them by outclassing them and beating them in every department. Don’t be overconfident and play like fools
Looks like Pakistani team is following my post religiously..

We are likely to close todays match against Zimbabwe 70/30 chance in favour of Zim

Any matches between Pak and AFG? If so there should be extra security as Afghan fans have developed a habit of attacking Pak cricket fans.
Any Pakistanis that still go to such matches would be stupid/dumb/asking for trouble from those crazy lunatic psychos.

I think Pak fans should boycott all such matches between Pak and Afg. Zero fans showing up would send a messsge to icc and everyone. Don’t buy tickets, let it be revenue loser. Hit them in pocket.

Stop showing up to all such games.

Any Pakistanis that still go to such matches would be stupid/dumb/asking for trouble from those crazy lunatic psychos.

I think Pak fans should boycott all such matches between Pak and Afg. Zero fans showing up would send a messsge to icc and everyone. Don’t buy tickets, let it be revenue loser. Hit them in pocket.

Stop showing up to all such games.
2017 ICC champions trophy Afgha s fans launched a vicious attack upon Pak crocet fans inside and outside of the pitch.
More recently Afghans ripped seats and flung them at Pak fans.

Wow, really happy for Zimbabwe.
They finally caused an upset and have put Pak out of the contention. Two losses, haha
Babar and his best buddies can confirm the return flight now!!

I hope SouthAfrica crushes this babar gang of entitled buddies. Lose all matches! Hopefully Netherlands can give tough time to Pak as well and maybe win!

Saqlain mushtaq should go back to his uk molviness…..enough money made from pcb!
Pata nai itne babay team mei kyu lejatay sath

Spend half this miney in hockey maybe team can win hockey

Ramiz Raja didn’t tweet today after Zimbabwe loss ??

Last year in T20 world cup

We had 2 similar situations in low chases.

I my self and we all abused malik but he really was there with asif to guide him.

It was all about mental pressure
Asif smashed the bowlers from much worse situations to save 2 matches.
If hadn't we have been in semi finals.

Asif also had done this exact this in asia cup against india.

Nawaz in last 2 matches couldn't handle the pressure and here we are.

It also tells you about the approach of our top order which puts us such situations again and again in low chases.

Note: This post doesn't mean i want asif back and nawaz out.

In arguably the biggest upset of the T20 World Cup 2022 so far, Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by a single run at Perth on Thursday.

It was another slim defeat for the Green Shirts, who had lost their tournament opener to India on Sunday in the final over.

Set a target of just 131, Pakistan were in control at 88-3 in 14th over when all hell broke loose and they finished at 129-8 at the end of their 20 overs.

Despite the mini-meltdown in the final quarter of their innings, Pakistan were still in the driving seat at various points, including the final over when seven runs off the first two balls meant they only needed four off as many balls.

A dot ball following a single made Mohammad Nawaz take risk, which did not pay off and his uppish, mistimed shot was grabbed. It meant that with Shaheen Afridi on the strikes, three were needed for a win and two for a tie.

Afridi’s shot off the final ball was in the direction of the long-on fielder and good enough for just a single. The suicidal dash for the double that was never there was attempted but it was not to be found despite a series of fumbles by the Zimbabwe keeper on the batting end.

The run-out saw wild celebrations as the perennial minnows of World cricket pulled off a stunning, almost miraculous win.

Earlier, Zimbabwe elected to bat first and Wesley Madhevere and skipper Craig Ervine used the pace of Pakistan’s seamers to good effect with a string of boundaries in a 42-run stand.

But Shadab’s 3-23 with his wrist spin and pace bowler Wasim’s 4-24 held Zimbabwe — whose opening match in the Super 12 in Hobart was a washout — to a below-par total.

Ervine smashed Naseem Shah for two delightful fours but mistimed an attempted pull off Haris Rauf to be caught out for 19 off 19 balls.

Wasim justified his selection in place of batsman Asif Ali as he sent back Madhevere trapped lbw for 17, a decision the umpires denied but Pakistan successfully reviewed.

Sean Williams survived a reprieve on nine after Iftikhar Ahmed spilled a catch at mid-wicket off pace spearhead Shaheen Shah Afridi.

The left-handed Williams hit a few boundaries in his attempt to take the attack to Pakistan, before he was bowled by Shadab for 31.

Shadab struck again to get Regis Chakabva out next ball with skipper Babar Azam taking a one-handed stunner at slip.

Zimbabwe slipped further when Sikandar Raza fell for nine off Wasim, who took one more to be on a hat-trick, before giving away two wides and a single to Brad Evans.

Zimbabwe lost four wickets on 95 — Williams, Chakabva, Raza and Luke Jongwe — before Evans took his team past the 120-run mark.

Evans became Wasim’s fourth wicket in the final over, gone for 19.

Teams​

Pakistan: Babar Azam (capt), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Shan Masood, Shadab Khan, Haider Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah

Zimbabwe: Regis Chakabva (wk), Craig Ervine (capt), Wesley Madhevere, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Brad Evans, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani

Umpires: Chris Gaffaney (NZL), Richard Kettleborough (ENG)

TV Umpire: Marais Erasmus (RSA)

Match Referee: David Boon (AUS)

This world cup is so full of upsets. Minnows beating bigger teams

Namibia beating Sri Lanka
Ireland Beating West Indies
Scotland beating West Indies
India beating Pakistan
Ireland beating England
And Zimbabwe beating pak

Back in the 1990s Zimbabwe were a good team with the Flower brothers as decent batsmen. Many nations refused to tour Zimbabwe after Robert Mugabe took the rights of white farmers from the nation which lead to instability, looting and riots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom