What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
In this month result will be announced...

Demir: Decision on T-LORAMIDS is close

Undersecretary for Defence Industries Prof Ismail Demir stated that they expect a solution on long waited Turkish Long Range Defence Missile Defence System (T*Loramids) at the end of this month. Answering C4Defence’s question on matter, Demir said, “You should expect it this month. It should be ready. Isn’t it?” Demir did not mention speak about the result itself.

Demir: Decision on T-LORAMIDS is close

hq9-530x398.jpg

At last.. It's TFX's turn.. show us something guys

Don't expect EuroSam to be chosen, it's looking ever more likely that Sarhoskozy may come into power soon..

My guess is EuroSam but they may also ask Aselsan to come up with a domestic indigenous system which would be the best decision they may take by far.
Turkey hasn't had a proper airdefence system for years and nothing has happened. Delaying procurement an extra 10 years for indigenous system wont hurt imo. :D

Turkey hasn't had a proper airdefence system for years and nothing has happened. Delaying procurement an extra 10 years for indigenous system wont hurt imo. :D

I think it'll take the same amount of time to go for indigenous, the R&D process. But just a couple years to declare the systems fully operational. During that period they may buy a few batteries of MIM-104F or PAAC-4 if it gets finalized and ready for production as a stop gap solution.

we are not in a hurry! HIMAD with anti balistic missile capability is one of the hardest tasks ever even for USA or Russia they are yet to mature since what we are talking here is a direct hit to a mach 5 to mach 20 target, on paper they have successful tests???. on the other hand against enemy air forces we have our air force... Ok it is a burden for them but sure not an unbreable one. in brief as I said we are not in a hurry sooooo lets wait and get the best possible Tot....

Last edited:
There isn't a single good choice in this tender. It looks like it's going to go to France but I'm pretty sure they will screw us over in the first political trouble.

If we're talking about timeline between 5 to 10 years, I'll try to come up with an indigenous solution any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom