What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
China won't sell HQ9 to Iran cause we have to take care of Israelis' feeling. Uncle sam always keeps its eyes on China from selling advanced weapon to Iranian, both countries might reach an tacit mutual understanding. PAF will go for J31 and Turkey might choose F35 in the future. HQ9 render turkey the ability to take out fighters invading its territorial sky no matter who. I appreciate Turkey goverment's reasonable decion under NATO's pressure, you are independant country having guts and bones.

China don't sell HQ-9 to Iran is not becos of Israel. Saudi is a big factor. If you didn't noticed, oil export from Saudi to China is increasing while Iran oil export to China is declining. Plus most of the muslim in China are sunnis and not Shia(Iran)

Very astute point. Greece is a historical enemy of Turkey. But so is Russia. So Turkey would not want to procure a system its enemy can study.

China is far and away from Turkey. So there would be no conflicts between the two.

Greece armed forces owned both S-300 and Patriot system. Guess who is biggest enemy of Turkey for thousand of years?

HQ-9 has features from S-300 and Patriots, also longer range so I'm not surprised. My question did the other contenders offer TOT to make a more attractive ? btw I see that Russia offered the S-300 and not the S-400.

S-400, as the latest system, would not come with TOT, so it would not have met the requirement.

Same as why China did not offer HQ-19

China don't sell HQ-9 to Iran is not becos of Iran. Saudi is a big factor. If you didn't noticed, oil export from Saudi to China is increasing while Iran oil export to China is declining. Plus most of the muslim in China are sunnis and not Shia(Iran)

Greece armed forces owned both S-300 and Patriot system. Guess who is biggest enemy of Turkey for thousands of years?

The turks has many enemies, include the Greeks. The Greeks still want Istanbol and Asia minor.

Actually, Greece is a big factor in making S-300 and Patriot out of the bid race for Turkey missile system. That left Europe Aster system as the most credible contender. But I guess the system is overhyped and over priced. Turkish is not impressed. HQ-9 prove far superior and reasonable price.

Since they have both systems they probably know it's weakness, Greece and Israel trained on tactics to defeat the S-300's not to far back.

S-400, as the latest system, would not come with TOT, so it would not have met the requirement.

Same as why China did not offer HQ-19

Misleading article I read said Russia offered the S-400's.

Since they have both systems they probably know it's weakness, Greece and Israel trained on tactics to defeat the S-300's not to far back.

Misleading article I read said Russia offered the S-400's.

You are right about Russia offered S-400. My bad.

I'm confused, another article I read mentioned S-300

http://turkeywonk.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/russias-chances-to-win-turkeys-missile-defense-tender/

Maybe Turkish members who are more familiar about this issue can shed light on which missile did Russia offered.

If I am not wrong. Greece S-300 belongs to first generation while for HQ-9, yes you can be sure. It will not be easily defeated like S-300 of what Greece and Israel train on it. Anyway, those are training evaluation. Not sure it will really work if real war happens. From what I know Belarus provide NATO with S-300 and these beast proves difficult to counter in wargames. Which is why western is afraid of S-300.

why not.
we are glad to collect all kind of weapon. and study on them

BS, all make up news from Russian... China has stopped buying Russian SAM and many other major equipment for long.
The news about China interested in S-400 is another make up story from western. No high level military personnel in China ever mention interested in S-400.

If I am not wrong. Greece S-300 belongs to first generation while for HQ-9, yes you can be sure. It will not be easily defeated like S-300 of what Greece and Israel train on it. Anyway, those are training evaluation. Not sure it will really work if real war happens. From what I know Belarus provide NATO with S-300 and these beast proves difficult to counter in wargames. Which is why western is afraid of S-300.

USA only dare bully those weak, ZERO casualty is just a signboard. The last US pilotes wanna do is flying over China's sky in the war time, it means never come out alive.

Israel defeated Russian air defenses multiple times using electronic warfare, since they have experience on the actual system unlike before it will probably be effective. I agree with you the HQ-9 won't be beaten easily in a possible conflict with Greece.

you watch your words, watson...:coffee:

@Hu Songshan

Got it.

Neptune can you offer more information on the other contenders offers ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom