What's new

T 90 AM> a option better than t 90 for indian army?

T-72 could be replaced by this and existing Fleet could be upgraded to AM level..
Those who are advocating Arjun should keep in the mind that it is of different class.. Arjun is not suitable for a major part of our borders..

T-72 could be replaced by this and existing Fleet could be upgraded to AM level..
Those who are advocating Arjun should keep in the mind that it is of different class.. Arjun is not suitable for a major part of our borders..

:lol: ...like which part of our borders, western??

Most likely..:lol:

Only until the road network is completely developed there....then its all cool.
By the way majority of tank usage is for eastern sector, not in western.
If M1 Abrams which is teh same class, can work on A'stan then Arjun can also work here...but its difficult to operate tanks in that area, and even during a confrontation, IA will mostly use Howitzers and gunships and APC and Stryker type of vehicles than tanks.

In western sectors there will be minimal use of tanks but in eastern sector Arjun can go hand in hand with T-90.

Only until the road network is completely developed there....then its all cool.
By the way majority of tank usage is for eastern sector, not in western.
If M1 Abrams which is teh same class, can work on A'stan then Arjun can also work here...but its difficult to operate tanks in that area, and even during a confrontation, IA will mostly use Howitzers and gunships and APC and Stryker type of vehicles than tanks.

In western sectors there will be minimal use of tanks but in eastern sector Arjun can go hand in hand with T-90.

I think you are a little confused .. On western border Arjun Can and Will fight while for eastern borders we will need light tanks and Killer Howitzers..

If I am not mistaken, the first regiment of Arjun Tanks was raised near jaiselmer ?

Read my previous post about the T-90s performance, it set an unofficial record in targets hit all this at ranges of up to 1500-2500m and while moving 25km/h. Also the Abrams was unable to penatrate a T-72 fitted with Kontakt-5 ERA.

A little research by your part as well as Bagee's would be nice, it's clear that neither of you have any idea what you are talking about.
And u do have the right knowledge no offenses friend but how many wars has this russian junk proved it self don't say the second world war even in that Russian tanks suffered the max .no if casualties and in gulf war in Chechen war man let india become more liberal and this red tape ism go u will come to know a lot about ur brave Russian armory and oohhh forget the 6 day war in isarel and Egypt dude i a sorry there has not been a single occasion where these tank have proved themselves and know we have the access to western tech so may say good luck to ur tanks but they are only good in vedios dude and u can ask me any thing about tanks i really do know a lot of it so i am help in clearing ur doubts about them and lot others

Most likely..:lol:
the power to weight ratio of arjun is better and the pressure exerted by its track is far less as compared to t90 tank still it is not suitable and then the actual power developed by the Russian engine is far less so dude get some light people say bridges yar donot expect bridges to be in place in case of war so it will be effective if markeva can be in isarel and dude plastine has no better infrastructure than paksitan forget golan heights these guys can foul normal guys not every body

And u do have the right knowledge no offenses friend but how many wars has this russian junk proved it self don't say the second world war even in that Russian tanks suffered the max .no if casualties and in gulf war in Chechen war man let india become more liberal and this red tape ism go u will come to know a lot about ur brave Russian armory and oohhh forget the 6 day war in isarel and Egypt dude i a sorry there has not been a single occasion where these tank have proved themselves and know we have the access to western tech so may say good luck to ur tanks but they are only good in vedios dude and u can ask me any thing about tanks i really do know a lot of it so i am help in clearing ur doubts about them and lot others

Again read my other post during Gulf War Iraq used mostly Chinese Type 96 tanks, which are always confused with Russian tanks, the T-72 that the Iraqi Republican Guard used was not a T-72 but an Iraqi tank. The Iraqis had no thermals on their tanks and as a result many were destroyed at night. Furthermore, Iraqi gunners were very poor, they often failed to get shot off in time. But it does not matter, most tanks they used were not Russian.

Also throughout the Arab Israeli Wars the Israelis lost hundreds of 'Western' tanks to Soviet T series tanks. Although to be fair the Israelis destroyed more T series tanks than visa versa. There are several factors for this, firstly some Israeli tanks were able to lower their canons just enough so that Israeli tanks could get the T series tanks in their sight but still be hidden behind sand dunes. However, many T series tanks were destroyed because they had no cover from sand duns. Also, Israeli tactics were superior to those of the Arabs, the Israelis often attacked Arab armies while they were blinded by the sun.

The battle of Battle of An Lộc has also seen western tanks go up against Soviet, the number were 27 Soviet tanks destroyed v. 30 US tanks destroyed. South Vietnam also had Air support.

Again read my other post during Gulf War Iraq used mostly Chinese Type 96 tanks, which are always confused with Russian tanks, the T-72 was that the Iraqi Republican Guard used was not a T-72 but an Iraqi tank. The Iraqis had no thermals on their tanks and as a result many were destroyed at night. Furthermore, Iraqi gunners were very poor, they often failed to get shot off in time. But it does not matter, most tanks they used were not Russian.

Also throughout the Arab Israeli Wars the Israelis lost hundreds of 'Western' tanks to Soviet T series tanks. Although to be fair the Israelis destroyed more T series tanks than visa versa. There are several factors for this, firstly some Israeli tanks were able to lower their canons just enough so that Israeli tanks could get the T series tanks in their sight but still be hidden behind sand dunes. However, many T series tanks were destroyed because they had no cover from sand duns. Also, Israeli tactics were superior to those of the Arabs, the Israelis often attacked Arab armies while they were blinded by the sun.

The battle of Battle of An Lộc has also seen western tanks go up against Soviet, the number were 27 Soviet tanks destroyed v. 30 US tanks destroyed. South Vietnam also had Air support.

Ignore him , we seem to have plethora of fanboys here.

the power to weight ratio of arjun is better and the pressure exerted by its track is far less as compared to t90 tank still it is not suitable and then the actual power developed by the Russian engine is far less so dude get some light people say bridges yar donot expect bridges to be in place in case of war so it will be effective if markeva can be in isarel and dude plastine has no better infrastructure than paksitan forget golan heights these guys can foul normal guys not every body

The power to weight ratio is nearly identical 23.7 v. 23.9 and sorry but the Arjun is heavier its track exert more pressure--simple physics.

why not to induct more arjuns may be half the no. of t 72 but dear friends they will be more than twice as effective leave and come over this russian junk...... really these all tanks are junk when compared to modern tanks like merkava or leopard or even the luckrack ............

Um, dude. The Russians have decades of experience in armored warfare and tank production. While India's Arjun is a good effort, I wouldn't say it is more proven or all around better than the T-90.

If you gave the Americans Russian tanks, and the Iraqis with American tanks, the Americans would still win.

My two cents.

Um, dude. The Russians have decades of experience in armored warfare and tank production. While India's Arjun is a good effort, I wouldn't say it is more proven or all around better than the T-90.

If you gave the Americans Russian tanks, and the Iraqis with American tanks, the Americans would still win.

My two cents.

Agree. Arab armies were undertrained and their tanks were mostly diet-diet export versions Russian/Chinese make . Not to mention their tactics of burying tanks in sand and using it as field artillery.

The power to weight ratio is nearly identical 23.7 v. 23.9 and sorry but the Arjun is heavier its track exert more pressure--simple physics.
it is not simple physics as it seems man just check it out on Google the pr square inch pressure of t 90 's tracks is much more due to better weight distribution on arjun and we Israels acknowledge and where surprised by the accuracy of the rifled gun of arjun and this showed me that Indian army was corrupt and over heating problem minu it was never there in arjun during the first trails its mtu engine was made to run on first 2 gears which lead to break down of gear box and that lead drdo to openly challenge army pride t 90 and hence forth and let me tell u in the beginning army was opposed to the trails in the beginning and the claimed output of t 90 's engine is much more and the actual out put and the mk 2 is coming with a 1500 hp engine and it power to wt ratio is better and current configuration dude waiting for u to reply

Again read my other post during Gulf War Iraq used mostly Chinese Type 96 tanks, which are always confused with Russian tanks, the T-72 that the Iraqi Republican Guard used was not a T-72 but an Iraqi tank. The Iraqis had no thermals on their tanks and as a result many were destroyed at night. Furthermore, Iraqi gunners were very poor, they often failed to get shot off in time. But it does not matter, most tanks they used were not Russian.

the t 72 tanks in the iraq army where not Chinese man they where made in Russia as u guys have custom of low quality exports and then they had added protection provided to them by some Yugoslavian company
and dude what about the Chechen war don't say the guerrilla warfare because NATO forces are facing much severe conditions in Afghanistan and irag but i don't think the damage is that much and if u claim that the tankmen where less trained then whose problem is that and about the six day war which we had with Egypt says thanks to America or there would not have been a single t left in the peninsula dude get some light and check some out some stats

Back
Top Bottom