What's new

T 90 AM> a option better than t 90 for indian army?

@Omega007
May be now they will go for canclled project like black eagle or t-95 mbt. I am not sure whether they are the same or not.

Black Eagle

T-95-MBT-781597.jpg

t12_black_eagle.jpg
le them cone up with those and then we will access these designs the main thing being an automobile is that Russia is not know to make good engines transmissions and suspension for the increased weight these are the most important thing in the basic chassis of a tank the gun and defensive measures some after it because a tank has to have a high mobility rate and comfort for the crews is must as they can concentrate on important work up there hands let wait and watch what they come up with........:what:

^^^
I just pointed the above MBTs as they are now the most viable option for Russians not for us. I think we should stick to Arjun mk2. Israel has helped in redesigning the turret and i am sure it is great. I think the above mentioned MBT is also the result of Russian and Israeli closeness as it resembles alot like Israeli MBTs like Merkava. 500-600 lighter MBTs like the above ones are fine but rest we should stick to Arjun. I mean its so big and fast, i mean the enemy's will pee their pants just by the sight of Arjun. I think IA and DRDO should take their time (i mean 1 or 2 extra years) and test mk2 against all possible major global MBTs . IA is having 15-16 exercise annualy and we can use these occasion to test arjun mk2 like Singapore's Leopard, French Lecrec, US Abrams 2, Israeli Merkava, new T90AM etc. We do exercise with all these countries and they are our friend.

I know what your getting at. I don't deny the FSAPDS rounds from a smoothbore are more effective as they still retain their kenitic energy but at distances greater than 2.5 km the T-72 guns are known to loose accuracy, T-90's improved gun could do more damage and has shown greater accuracy thanks also do to the FCS. But beyond 3 km and certain distances FSAPDS rounds from either smoothbore tend to wooble and loose accuracy, hence the Abrahms drivers tended to favor HEAT rounds at greater distances as they did not rely on kenitic energy. The HESH rounds even though designed to bust bunkers/walls do pretty well against older tanks especially ones with ERA. ERA blows off and HESH will shake the tank till bolts start killing the crew from the inside. But this isn't just about the main guns, if at all. Both are effective at what they do especially using Russian propellent rounds.
Its all relative to costs. I wouldn't care which gun the army wanted. The trails had come down to armor, and maneuverability at the end of the day. The T-90 covered less area vs the Arjun as it was expected and completed its mission later due this difference.

You got me wrong buddy.It's not mandatory that a smoothbore gun will always be stronger than a rifled one.For example,both the Arjun MkI and T 90S use L52 guns.Arjun uses the ARDE L52 rifled gun where as the T 90S uses 2A46M2 L52 smoothbore gun.Yet the ARDE L52 can fire much longer and heavier rounds than the latest BM42M Lecalo 125mm rounds at the same mussel velocity of 1700 meter/sec.Today the ARDE L52 rifled gun is out performed by only the Rheinmetall L55 gun simply because it's longer,heavier,thicker and can withstand greater chamber pressure thus enabling it to use higher energy propelants.It's stated that the Arjun MkII will use a thicker gun to use more powerful rounds.Lets see what happens.

^^^
I just pointed the above MBTs as they are now the most viable option for Russians not for us. I think we should stick to Arjun mk2. Israel has helped in redesigning the turret and i am sure it is great. I think the above mentioned MBT is also the result of Russian and Israeli closeness as it resembles alot like Israeli MBTs like Merkava. 500-600 lighter MBTs like the above ones are fine but rest we should stick to Arjun. I mean its so big and fast, i mean the enemy's will pee their pants just by the sight of Arjun. I think IA and DRDO should take their time (i mean 1 or 2 extra years) and test mk2 against all possible major global MBTs . IA is having 15-16 exercise annualy and we can use these occasion to test arjun mk2 like Singapore's Leopard, French Lecrec, US Abrams 2, Israeli Merkava, new T90AM etc. We do exercise with all these countries and they are our friend.

the thing i can assure is that these tanks which Russia is developing are not light tanks they will be in the same class as that of arjun and not sure if more heavier so these are not good light tanks if u really want light tanks then puma is there but i my self will love to see something on wheels with the same gun as that of arjun is one hell of a gun just a miracle

^^^
Heavy tanks comes under categroy 58 + ton tanks. Tanks like russian t72 or t90 are only around 45 ton. But i didn't meant it will fulfill IA's requirement for light tanks, what IA is looking for is actually tank destroyer or something like CV90. But if we talk of light tanks t72 or t90 are actually light.

You got me wrong buddy.It's not mandatory that a smoothbore gun will always be stronger than a rifled one.For example,both the Arjun MkI and T 90S use L52 guns.Arjun uses the ARDE L52 rifled gun where as the T 90S uses 2A46M2 L52 smoothbore gun.Yet the ARDE L52 can fire much longer and heavier rounds than the latest BM42M Lecalo 125mm rounds at the same mussel velocity of 1700 meter/sec.Today the ARDE L52 rifled gun is out performed by only the Rheinmetall L55 gun simply because it's longer,heavier,thicker and can withstand greater chamber pressure thus enabling it to use higher energy propelants.It's stated that the Arjun MkII will use a thicker gun to use more powerful rounds.Lets see what happens.

nice post

i agree with you friend

Back
Top Bottom