What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am also clear and hope that u and I remain on this forum till 2025 let see what happens till that time. But I am sure Pak shall not get TOT of Atlay.
Altay components*
Btw turks are good partners, why do you think we will not get any TOT?

I was looking at this page and thought weather OPLOT-M could get Selex-ES upgrades for this tank? As COAS is in Italy!

squared_medium_land_optronics_s_01.jpg

Request Rejected

One possible reason why Pakistan might be warm towards the Oplot M might be precisely because Ukraine is in a precarious situation. Kiev needs money and Pakistan has been one of its biggest importers of arms and heavy machinery. It's possible that Ukraine is actually thinning their margins a little bit (I.E. discounting the price of systems) for Pakistan.

One possible reason why Pakistan might be warm towards the Oplot M might be precisely because Ukraine is in a precarious situation. Kiev needs money and Pakistan has been one of its biggest importers of arms and heavy machinery. It's possible that Ukraine is actually thinning their margins a little bit (I.E. discounting the price of systems) for Pakistan.

We could possibly be ripping off the Ukrainians when they're in a tight situation ? :o:

I don't like the thought of that happening ! :tsk:

We could possibly be ripping off the Ukrainians when they're in a tight situation ? :o:

I don't like the thought of that happening ! :tsk:
I think Ukraine's understanding of being "ripped off" is equivalent to Russia taking their territory, not a buyer looking for a good deal.

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 5.53.57 PM_0.png
Pak will get TOT of Turkey your post just shows your ignorance about Pakistan and Turkey relations. Every weapon we are getting from Turkey is coming with TOT. Still Pakistan would never choose Altay. Altay is way too heavy Tank for us.
@Zarvan you have good mind there. get the altay tank with tot. best idea ever. but it cost $1billion for 250 tanks though

Reactions: waz
I know even if we had the money still we will not go for Altay. Altay is way to heavy for us. Our terrain is not suitable with Altay.
true european and american tanks are notoriously heavy. our challenger 2 tanks are no different they are heavy.
12184-challenger-2-tank-iraq-2003.jpeg
14513088926_66e995bc43_b.jpg

View attachment 242012
@Zarvan you have good mind there. get the altay tank with tot. best idea ever. but it cost $1billion for 250 tanks though

AFAIK cost per unit is $5,5-$6 million.

Latest prototype for mass production (without the AKKOR self protection system and the Aselsan's TASMUS 'Tactical Area Communications System'
22524.jpg

With regards to military- procurements, it is a good idea to diversify, hence Oplot M may prove to be indispensable one day. Furthermore, establishing/maintaining a rapport of sorts, with some European countries, would make for a shrewd/astute decision for Pakistan.

I was looking at this page and thought weather OPLOT-M could get Selex-ES upgrades for this tank? As COAS is in Italy!

squared_medium_land_optronics_s_01.jpg

Request Rejected

they do have such upgrade -
t72mp-5l.jpg

But now it is Ukrainian made panoramic sight availible with better stats...

Can you elaborate its APS?
Also why Oplot has such a huge commander site? Isn't it weak point? Can easily be targeted by simple rpg......

it is the same as on western MBT, notice that it has massive protective cover. On thet photo it is without it.
The size is dictated by +60 degree elevation of the FOV alloving it to be used as anti aircraft (or against mountain targets), or targets which are at hight, building roof for example.

Can easily be targeted by simple rpg......

it looks big cause the tank is much smaller comparing to western tanks like Abrams and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom