What's new

T-80 and T-84 Main Battle Tanks Information pool

1at AD should replace it ASAP then, why would an elite division of PA still field it?

Because it’s also not a bad tank. It’s comparable to the original Al-Khalid.

The Al-Khalid-1 and VT-4 use third generation systems for basically everything, UDs are using mainly 1st and 2nd gen equipment (as in their FCS, ERA, Thermals and so on.)
I’d say these UDs are about as capable as our original AKs. However their armor and firepower is still very good.

Comparing a tank from the 90s to tanks that came after 2015 is unfair, it was the best of its time, but now it needs upgrades, which it does seem to be getting.

Because it’s also not a bad tank. It’s comparable to the original Al-Khalid.

The Al-Khalid-1 and VT-4 use third generation systems for basically everything, UDs are using mainly 1st and 2nd gen equipment (as in their FCS, ERA, Thermals and so on.)
I’d say these UDs are about as capable as our original AKs. However their armor and firepower is still very good.

Comparing a tank from the 90s to tanks that came after 2015 is unfair, it was the best of its time, but now it needs upgrades, which it does seem to be getting.
My point exactly, its not the right time to replace it.

My point exactly, its not the right time to replace it.
Of course not, I don’t think anyone suggested that, it will remain potent for over a decade even without upgrades, especially considering what India uses. We just meant it’s no longer the best in PAs service.

That would be a very cool concept, maybe a small number or IFV/Tank hunters can be created from the platform too, like the Russian Terminator system on T72 chassis. But again, just wishes :(
Something like Israeli Achzarit with the firepower of BTR-T.

1at AD should replace it ASAP then, why would an elite division of PA still field it?

You kill first when you see first. 1G46+ PNK4 is good but nothing exceptional.
It only has armor going for it. Without upgrade, it'll struggle fulfilling the new doctrine. 1A45 was a decent FCS in the 90s but it lacks key functions such as AT, Hunter killer mode and has no integrated TI channel support in FCS. Hydromechanical stabilizer is good though.

As for fielding it in 1st, it will make short work of Bhishmas even without upgrades hence no need to shuffle. Regardless of what anyone says, UD is more than enough for 90S.

As for fielding it in 1st, it will make short work of Bhishmas even without upgrades hence no need to shuffle. Regardless of what anyone says, UD is more than enough for 90S.
A tank needs to be compared against facing an enemy tank to show that its still potent ? Surely there must be other factors too why 1st AD fields UDs.
Of course not, I don’t think anyone suggested that, it will remain potent for over a decade even without upgrades, especially considering what India uses. We just meant it’s no longer the best in PAs service.
Post 526, i replied when UDs replacement was suggested.

A tank needs to be compared against facing an enemy tank to show that its still potent ? Surely there must be other factors too why 1st AD fields UDs.

Post 526, i replied when UDs replacement was suggested.
I would think the same reason 9sq wasn’t allocated the block-52s. The regiment knowledge must be built around the UD and the ecosystem familar enough to not want to disturb the effectiveness of that force.

Back
Top Bottom