What's new

T-50 Fighter To Feature Higher Stealth Capabilities

I actually already write a response. But for some reason, it didn't show up.

In any case, I was not saying LCA is obsolete as a fighting system, but its design is like that of Mirage 2000, which is an 80s obsolete design. LCA design had assistance of French designer, so they made some modification of Mirage 2000. It was meant as a fighter to come out in the 90s, but it took more years for LCA to make its first flight. Its 2014 now and LCA would have been a more advanced fighter in the 1990s than today.

Good for you .. it was obsolete design.. otherwise you guys would have put your head in a place and promised you can never shown that back again right? it would be really shameful right if country like India can develop its aerospace in 20 yrs and had developed a design which your country (which one?? let me assume US) is developing now which has a century of experience

That is the around the difference between a VLO aircraft(J-31) and one that is LO(PAK-FA).

The actual figure is not that important as much as the order of magnitude difference.

LOL @ J-31 being a VLO aircraft... Let me guess, you came to this conclusion after looking at some grainy photo-shopped pictures? I'd take the Russian T-50 over any of the Chinese junk (as would the rest of the world). Heck even the Chinese won't be fielding the J-31, looks like they know it's junk too.

The only countries that would purchase the J-31 are countries that don't have access to the latest American and Russian jets (most likely North Korea and Pakistan). Cheap junk made for countries that can only afford cheap junk.

In any case, I was not saying LCA is obsolete as a fighting system, but its design is like that of Mirage 2000, which is an 80s obsolete design. LCA design had assistance of French designer, so they made some modification of Mirage 2000. It was meant as a fighter to come out in the 90s, but it took more years for LCA to make its first flight. Its 2014 now and LCA would have been a more advanced fighter in the 1990s than today.

So does the same hold true when talking about the JF-17 which is cheap-copy of the F16's we gave the Pakistani's? I mean it's pretty much a copy of an obsolete F-16 design right?

LOL @ J-31 being a VLO aircraft... Let me guess, you came to this conclusion after looking at some grainy photo-shopped pictures? I'd take the Russian T-50 over any of the Chinese junk (as would the rest of the world). Heck even the Chinese won't be fielding the J-31, looks like they know it's junk too.

The only countries that would purchase the J-31 are countries that don't have access to the latest American and Russian jets (most likely North Korea and Pakistan). Cheap junk made for countries that can only afford cheap junk.

Ok. Whatever you say...

:rofl:

Then go to US and asked F22 for you guys.They didn't even give to Japan and as far as i know Japan don't have financial issues

What?? F-22 is not cleared for export by US govt. So how can anyone buy it? You don't talk
any sense.

That is the around the difference between a VLO aircraft(J-31) and one that is LO(PAK-FA).

The actual figure is not that important as much as the order of magnitude difference.

I can see that Indians are clearly worried about what they have gotten themselves into - Russia is NOT the old Soviet Union.

Dude, you don't even know how stealth works. How can you claim J-31 is VLO and PAK-FA is LO?

According to your logic, YF-22 is VLO and YF-23 was LO.

LCA and Mirage-2000 have nothing in common except the shape of wing.

What?? F-22 is not cleared for export by US govt. So how can anyone buy it? You don't talk
any sense.

Exectly that is my point that money can't buy you the best and it is based on country willing to provide you and they alway have something for their backup and if you become their enemy than they know how to deal with you. Bottomline is that you will always buying second best thing without knowing that they have the best one.:smart:

Last edited:
Exectly that is my point that money can't buy you the best and it is based on country willing to provide you and they alway have something for their backup and if you become their enemy than they know how to deal with you. Bottomline is that you will always buying second best thing without knowung that they have the best one.:smart:

Your argument is out of context. Kindly put it into context and talk.

The question was why would anyone buy from India because we don't offer the best or the 2nd best,
I told you that every product need not be the best or 2nd best to get customers if the price & politics
play their part well. And also that not every country can afford to buy the best or buy the 2nd best
product.

If you want to buy a 4th generation fighter, the best option will be either Rafale or Eurofighter, the second
best could be something like Su-35.

But there are a dozen other 4th gen jets out there who are neither the best nor the second-best, yet they
can get export orders if they play their cards right.

Right now for Tejas Mk-1, the twin-seat version has the best export potential among all variants IMO.

ojlqp.jpg

J-31

I'm sorry but with carrying all those external weapons, this is no more a stealthy plane.

Last edited:
Not something but every single best technology availiable in this world they buy /spy/research to get that and that is how country progress. In late 1940's and in 1950's Japan did the same and American say that its the cheap copy of their technology and it was replace by Korean (from 1960's to 1980's) and American said the same, after that for a short period that status is goes to Taiwan and now from late 1980's till now China capture that status. No one in this world like your progress and support you to be independent from them.

But Japan Could come up with world class products which had a great reputation well above American products.

Your argument is out of context. Kindly put it into context and talk.

The question was why would anyone buy from India because we don't offer the best or the 2nd best,
I told you that every product need not be the best or 2nd best to get customers if the price & politics
play their part well. And also that not every country can afford to buy the best or buy the 2nd best
product.

If you want to buy a 4th generation fighter, the best option will be either Rafale or Eurofighter, the second
best could be something like Su-35.

But there are a dozen other 4th gen jets out there who are neither the best nor the second-best, yet they
can get export orders if they play their cards right.

Right now for Tejas Mk-1, the twin-seat version has the best export potential among all variants IMO.

I'm sorry but with carrying all those external weapons, this is no more a stealthy plane.

If you put SU35 a fourth gen with 2nd grade compare to Raale or Eurofighter then i must say "END OF DEBATE"

If you put SU35 a fourth gen with 2nd grade compare to Raale or Eurofighter then i must say "END OF DEBATE"

Are you even aware of the level of product support and quality offered by European manufacturers?

Are you even aware of the level of product support and quality offered by European manufacturers?

So its mean Russian 5 gen is equal to European 4.5 gen. For your info SU35 is same class as Euro-fighter and Rafael and you can asked anyone from anywhere to verify my statement and yes every country have some good and bad tech like Russian and French have lack of thrust in engine but they are one of the best in Electronic equipments and BVR in which euro fighter is lacking and need French or US solution but i doesn't mean it is not a good fighter

Back
Top Bottom