What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I suspect that Pakistan is aiming to go for a Hi-Low mix. The price includes more than just vipers. They include 30 engines, 1000 hellfire IIs, 66 months of training and logistical support, ferry costs. There are many other things that i missed. Point being, it's a very competitive price. Even with that price, Pakistan still can't afford many of them, so I think majority of our choppers will have to be either Z-10 or T-129, I was reading someones post on this thread that even Turkey has offered 3 T-129's for free to undergo trials in Pakistan. Let's see how it works out.

Is there any difference between A-129 and T-129?

Overal its better in every aspect. Better engines, more maneuverable, better avionics, higher service ceiling, longer range, faster and etc. The T-129 will also have MMW Radar similair to Longbow of the Apache from what i know.

T-129 is much better than Z-10 at almost every aspects. Don't believe on What Chinese members typed on Wiki. Claiming Z-10 (1000kw + 8+ tonnes MTOW) provide better performance than T129 (1014kw + 5 tonnes MTOW) is like refusing all physical rules Human-being reached until now...

Well thats why i said specificly on paper. I did indeed use Wiki as my sourche but we all know wiki is rather questionable. :)

Overal its better in every aspect. Better engines, more maneuverable, better avionics, higher service ceiling, longer range, faster and etc. The T-129 will also have MMW Radar similair to Longbow of the Apache from what i know.

In addition, Bigger MTOW, Longer body, Higher height, New main and aft rotor, new designed transmission/gears, better electro-optics, 360 degree EW sensors...etc

We already all saw Video´s about T-129 & Z-10 , while the Z-10 Video´s on the Web lack on Quality is our T-129 performing his Quality further.

Ah, i assumed there will be more similarities than differences because it was a joint venture.

Bro, Battle proven A-129 fuselage is based to develop T129 under a collaboration between Italy and Turkey. Agusta/TAI engineers worked at Italy/Turkey Atak offices to design current T129 Atak helicopter and Their referance was A-129 fuselage. They enhenced the design/body, enlarged the rotor/engine section, strenghtened the wings, calculated parameters of new design/tested and applied new flight referances to provide assymetric weapon payload capabilities. To carry out all those, 5 different Atak prototypes (First prototype called P-1 downed cause of aft rotor failure and design changed in accordance with referances) are manufactured and Trials are carried out at 3 different countries(Turkey/Italy/S. Africa) to test different performance criterias to reveal one of the best attack helicopter in its class.

From December 2011 to 2014, Atak flew 3200+ hours in trials. During flights, Following munitions were fired on different scenarios.

-42000+ (20mm gun)
-4800+ (70mm rocket)
-600 Flare

250550.jpg

Last edited:
I love the T-129. It is a real beast!

Awesome Atack Helicopter in all aspects!

ı feel there is atak 2 or atak block 2 something like that project ı hope we will make heavy atack heli like apache mil x :)

ı feel there is atak 2 or atak block 2 something like that project ı hope we will make heavy atack heli like apache mil x :)

According to Dortkasli, TAI wants to design/modification of a new variant of T-129 Atak called B2 to be manufactured after 2016 (Latest 21 T-129 Atak is planned to be manufactured as B2 variant If It is given OK). The take-off weight of B2 is planned to be increased between %5-%10 (max. 500kg, max. 5500kg), While new generation avionic systems/hardwares will be installed to gain aprox. %50 lighter weight of current A version's avionics. Such efforts will make B2 to be able to carry more weapon payload / increased range. The Nose section will be re-designed/ longer than standart A and B1 versions as well.

T-129's empty weight is 2100 kg. This means 2900 kg payload with a wing capacity 1200 kg isn't it able to carry 4x 180 kg launchers with quadruple MIZRAK-U, totalling 16 ATGMs?

Last edited:
no because if you hang 4 Mizrak missiles in the inner pylons,while firing them they would hit the wheel carriage

Some people make baseless claims that the US is blocking engines for T_129 export. Give sources or shut up spreading lies!

Back
Top Bottom