What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Atak in Canakkale

10426133_807834455930945_8857448650335545315_n.jpg

Will the Turkish military make an Apache mod for the ATAK?

You mean a Longbow Radar? Well we dont know if it will be installed on our current ATAKs yet however we already have a radar similair named MILDAR which can be installed if the need is there.

You mean a Longbow Radar? Well we dont know if it will be installed on our current ATAKs yet however we already have a radar similair named MILDAR which can be installed if the need is there.
But from the pics, i have seen, seems like they are not going to install it over the rotor like Apache but under the pylon...which will block radars view of angle significantly...

But from the pics, i have seen, seems like they are not going to install it over the rotor like Apache but under the pylon...which will block radars view of angle significantly...

That might be possible, read the same thing on others forums although its credibility is in question. Again i dont think there was an official announcement that the T-129 would be equipt with MILDAR yet. Assumption alone isnt enough.

That might be possible, read the same thing on others forums although its credibility is in question. Again i dont think there was an official announcement that the T-129 would be equipt with MILDAR yet. Assumption alone isnt enough.
Well, they will use T-129 as a test bed....
Bu kapsamda; Hava Platformları için Milimetre Dalga Radarı Geliştirilmesi Projesi analiz, yer ve uçuş testleri faaliyetlerinde, TUSAŞ tarafından üretilen T-129 ATAK ve Pelikan platformları kullanılacak, ayrıca Otomatik Kalkış ve İniş Sistemi'nin yine TUSAŞ tarafından geliştirilen ve üretilen İnsansız Hava Aracı ANKA ile demonstrasyonu yapılacaktır. İHA platformları için geliştirilecek radar sisteminin yer ve uçuş testleri de yine TUSAŞ envanterinde bulunan S-2E/T platformu ile gerçekleştirilecektir.
MİLDAR Projesi Kapsamında Ortaya Çıkan Ürünler TUSAŞ’ın Ürettiği Platformlarda Kullanılacak - TUSAŞ-Türk Havacılık ve Uzay Sanayii A.Ş.

Meteksan will will deliver the prototype by 2017 ..only then we can expect an acquisition for T-129s.

What I meant by Apache-mod was a bigger cannon, heavier armor and all around more anti-armor orientation

What I meant by Apache-mod was a bigger cannon, heavier armor and all around more anti-armor orientation
Apache use blackhawks engine, and Turkey will have produce t700 engine soon. I believe, in case of war they can use these engine to produce bigger helicopters. but also, They can do research based on these engines and create their own one..

Apache use blackhawks engine, and Turkey will have produce t700 engine soon. I believe, in case of war they can use these engine to produce bigger helicopters. but also, They can do research based on these engines and create their own one..

Lol if only things were so easy. Based on this logic we could have already build our own Fighter Jet Engines, since we produce F110-GE-100/129/132/400/SLEP engines.

Lol if only things were so easy. Based on this logic we could have already build our own Fighter Jet Engines, since we produce F110-GE-100/129/132/400/SLEP engines.
i know that the engine is the hardest part, but in army technology topic, we all talk about long term plans.. I believe Turkey can do it in 10-15 years..

In S&H magazine it says export deal with a central asia country is close... I hope this negotiations is not related with Erdoğan's condemn about usa for not selling engines for our T-129 export...

i know that the engine is the hardest part, but in army technology topic, we all talk about long term plans.. I believe Turkey can do it in 10-15 years..

No mate, i think you understood me wrong here. I didnt say Turkey couldnt Develop a Jet engine, i am just saying the logic you used was flawed. I certainly agree that Turkey has the potential to develop a Jet engine. Just not the way you aformentioned.

Back
Top Bottom