What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

No mate, i think you understood me wrong here. I didnt say Turkey couldnt Develop a Jet engine, i am just saying the logic you used was flawed. I certainly agree that Turkey has the potential to develop a Jet engine. Just not the way you aformentioned.
TBH im not really optimistic about Jet Engine, a fighter plane maybe but a Engine seems quite unrealistic to me, only way might be a ToT but from where can we get an engine that will fulfill the Airforce requirements?

TBH im not really optimistic about Jet Engine, a fighter plane maybe but a Engine seems quite unrealistic to me, only way might be a ToT but from where can we get an engine that will fulfill the Airforce requirements?

Hard work always pays off. Its true that a jet engine is very very far away but lets not give up so quickly. The Turkish Defence Industry has come along way and made miracles happen, i remember reading an old thread in a forum where years ago people bashed Turkey for thinking they could developed a MALE UAV saying it was impossible and not realistic, but look at us now.

I am not driven by nationalisme or delusion, but after all these things our engineers created and developed, how can i not have faith in them. I think we can make one, in time...

Hard work always pays off. Its true that a jet engine is very very far away but lets not give up so quickly. The Turkish Defence Industry has come along way and made miracles happen, i remember reading an old thread in a forum where years ago people bashed Turkey for thinking they could developed a MALE UAV saying it was impossible and not realistic, but look at us now.

I am not driven by nationalisme or delusion, but after all these things our engineers created and developed, how can i not have faith in them. I think we can make one, in time...
I agree with this and also want to add that the earlier they start with the R&D of the engine, the earlier they'll achieve their goal of making a jet engine.

We can realize every thing! We just need the will and the strenght to do it!
Everything can be done! Adn we will do it!

Lol if only things were so easy. Based on this logic we could have already build our own Fighter Jet Engines, since we produce F110-GE-100/129/132/400/SLEP engines.

Dude, it may not be easy but we will do it. I remember a young engineer tending to the visitors of their stand at the latest Musiad tradeshow. I asked questions about their product and as my questions got more and more specific the engineer started saying that producing the aspects of that product is very hard, kept repeating that it is hard. not remembering the fact that they have managed producing the product he kept saying that it is hard. I was going to say it maybe hard for you but it certainly is not hard enough for me. Anyways, the product in question is Kale-3500 and the company was Kale Havacılık. And you know that product is flying now.

You just need big enough market to produce anything.

IHS Jane's says that Pakistan will purchase Bell AH-1Z. What do you think about it?

IHS Jane's says that Pakistan will purchase Bell AH-1Z. What do you think about it?

God bless America for blocking engines for T-129. Their dirty tactics are well known. They know Pakistan is desperate for attack helos and if they block the engines we won't get T-129s which in turn would allow them to sell Vipers to Pakistan which we can't refuse because A we need them ASAP - B if we refuse we still wont get T-129s :(

God bless America for blocking engines for T-129. Their dirty tactics are well known. They know Pakistan is desperate for attack helos and if they block the engines we won't get T-129s which in turn would allow them to sell Vipers to Pakistan which we can't refuse because A we need them ASAP - B if we refuse we still wont get T-129s :(

I dont think Pakistan will get AH-1Z Vipers to be fair. The price tag on this helo is ridicilous, although granted it lives up to it.
Wouldnt it make more sense for Pakistan to opt for the Chinese alternative WZ-10? Since Pakistan already received 3 helos from what i heard.

I dont think Pakistan will get AH-1Z Vipers to be fair. The price tag on this helo is ridicilous, although granted it lives up to it.
Wouldnt it make more sense for Pakistan to opt for the Chinese alternative WZ-10? Since Pakistan already received 3 helos from what i heard.

I think AH-1Z will be procured & Z-10 if it passes trails will be our 'sanction free' safe option to replace cobras

They got they 3 Helos because the Chinese is scared about T-129 :)

They got they 3 Helos because the Chinese is scared about T-129 :)

Heh if only that was the case. In reality our dependence on US screwed us over, again. This is simply the more reason we should pump everything we got into our defence industry, so we wont get c*ckblocked whenever the US feels like it.

On paper the WZ-10 seems to be slightly better then the T-129 btw, this is just on paper ofcourse.

I suspect that Pakistan is aiming to go for a Hi-Low mix. The price includes more than just vipers. They include 30 engines, 1000 hellfire IIs, 66 months of training and logistical support, ferry costs. There are many other things that i missed. Point being, it's a very competitive price. Even with that price, Pakistan still can't afford many of them, so I think majority of our choppers will have to be either Z-10 or T-129, I was reading someones post on this thread that even Turkey has offered 3 T-129's for free to undergo trials in Pakistan. Let's see how it works out.
On paper the WZ-10 seems to be slightly better then the T-129 btw, this is just on paper ofcourse.
Is there any difference between A-129 and T-129?

Heh if only that was the case. In reality our dependence on US screwed us over, again. This is simply the more reason we should pump everything we got into our defence industry, so we wont get c*ckblocked whenever the US feels like it.

T-129 is much better than Z-10 at almost every aspects. Don't believe on What Chinese members typed on Wiki. Claiming Z-10 (1000kw + 8+ tonnes MTOW) provide better performance than T129 (1014kw + 5 tonnes MTOW) is like refusing all physical rules Human-being reached until now...

Back
Top Bottom