What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

no because if you hang 4 Mizrak missiles in the inner pylons,while firing them they would hit the wheel carriage
IMG_1567-1.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1588-1.jpg

In terms of capacity, There is no obstacle but I think It may require some modifications not for landing wheels but 20mm munition box. Roketsan designed Mizrak smart launchers cleverly. The length on top two Mizraks on launcher are larger than lower line which redounds some space at lower sides.

DSCN9071_zpsec9e7e4d.jpg

The lengths under the wing among paylons can be seen more clear in that image and Landing gear shock absorber is side by side with where missile head is positioned. I mean Shock absorber is not located in front of the missiles.
T-129-1001-FAR14-3653.JPG

Last edited:
T-129 is our first choice that Pakistan should process immediately with our brother Turkey. Are we still ongoing to purchase this beast helicopter? :(

Erdo. implies new engine blockage of an ally When We are on the edge of signing agreement but It is not clear whether It is about T-129 Atak/Pakistan. If We consider AH-1Z permission received for Pakistan, I think Pakistani T129 Atak deal is being driven towards a dead end street.

I don't think that it is possible to have such a design drawback.Designers should have taken care for it.

I don't think that it is possible to have such a design drawback.Designers should have taken care for it.

It is not a drawback since We don't have any idea What Turkish army requested at the beggining. If It is requested 8 ATGM+ tens of Cirit missile carriage capacity along with unguided rocket alternatives to be used for various missions, Then The copter is designed to meet those requirements but There is not an obstacle to carry 16 ATGM in terms of wing load capacity on paper.

TAI is also introducing assymetric weapon payload of T-129 Atak in accordance with 8 ATGM like similar class rival AH-1W and Eurocopter Tiger.

RzjIW.jpg

Erdo. implies new engine blockage of an ally When We are on the edge of signing agreement but It is not clear whether It is about T-129 Atak/Pakistan. If We consider AH-1Z permission received for Pakistan, I think Pakistani T129 Atak deal is being driven towards a dead end street.
Where does Erdo say that, I've been searching but could not find anything. Source?

Engine issue .... this deal I am afraid is dead .... :(

Damn engines. US played the clever games again and even they ignored our requests for many years.

Remember this picture :(
pakistan-basbakan-2pwrrt.jpg

I hope not but I am certainly sure, if Turkey didn't develop T-129 Atak in the first place, US wouldn't offer AH-1Z to Pakistan at all. Just market pressures and emergency needs for our ongoing battles via borders, we have been asked US numerous times for new helicopters and drones. We must continue transfer of technology with Turkey.

US has played its dirty game again. Pakistan needs helos above all else. Our cobras are done for.. The US has indeed refused to sell the engines for ATAK to Pakistan in order to sell its Viper and hellfires. It's our biggest loss, as if we bought ATAKs, we would've received TOT for the helicopter and Mizrak LGATGMs. :(

Those 1000 hellfires come with no transfer of technology.

Some people make baseless claims that the US is blocking engines for T_129 export. Give sources or shut up spreading lies!

Your own PM erdogan said that America blocked engine exports to a country

Your own PM erdogan said that America blocked engine exports to a country
Keep your BS to yourself and do not spread gossip as if it is true.

I found the speech of Erdogan at 12:25
He doesn't mention anything about engines nor helicopters, people are just making up things and spread it around like they know something.

Either post a source or stop BS! This is a nice forum where people can learn, it should not be a gossip forum of old ladies.

IMG_1567-1.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1588-1.jpg

In terms of capacity, There is no obstacle but I think It may require some modifications not for landing wheels but 20mm munition box. Roketsan designed Mizrak smart launchers cleverly. The length on top two Mizraks on launcher are larger than lower line which redounds some space at lower sides.

DSCN9071_zpsec9e7e4d.jpg

The lengths under the wing among paylons can be seen more clear in that image and Landing gear shock absorber is side by side with where missile head is positioned. I mean Shock absorber is not located in front of the missiles.
T-129-1001-FAR14-3653.JPG

Is the below Cirit load-out attainable with the newer launcher? If it is, there is a possibility of equipping T-129 with 24 Cirits and 4 Mizraks.
20100823000420.JPG

Back
Top Bottom