What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Would you want to buy your product from another supplier?

This is what i am talking about... Yes i wouldn't want to buy so i just wouldn't buy it... That's all... Why should i forbid it ???... It's clear.. I can produce it so i will not buy it... That's all...

When T-129B is coming ? what will be the maximum missile carrying capability 12 or 16 in future T-129B ?

This is what i am talking about... Yes i wouldn't want to buy so i just wouldn't buy it... That's all... Why should i forbid it ???... It's clear.. I can produce it so i will not buy it... That's all...
Agusta Westland is a private company,the Italian government could opt for more A/T-129s.
They would want to buy the ''cheaper''T-129 instead of the more expensive Italian varìant since both are allmost the same system.

I am afraid when TAI got all right to sell and marketing T-129 all over the world there were 2 countries of exception.
One of them Italy and the other one is the UK.
So from day one Turkey could not sell those choppers to those countries, so relax.

Agusta Westland is a private company,the Italian government could opt for more A/T-129s.
They would want to buy the ''cheaper''T-129 instead of the more expensive Italian varìant since both are allmost the same system.

So Agusta Westland doesn't trust their goverments...

Anyways, thx for your replies... Appreciated... :tup:

40131538-1.jpg

The Polish Armament Inspectorate officially launched its 'Kruk' (Raven) attack helicopter acquisition programme on 8 July, which will eventually replace the country's ageing Mil Mi-24 'Hind' combat helicopters.

The purchase of 32 new attack helicopters comes under a PLN11.6 billion (USD3.8 billion) priority project that also includes the acquisition of 70 multi-role helicopters.

The main competitors in the future 'Kruk' tender are expected to be the AgustaWestland/Turkish Aerospace Industries T129; the Boeing AH-64E Apache 'Guardian'; and the Airbus Helicopters EC 665 Tiger.

The 'Kruk' acquisition plan is divided into two phases: the first will see the creation of the Polish Armed Forces' technical and operational requirements, following market research; with the second focusing on creating a feasibility study and staffing requirements.

http://www.janes.com/article/40591/poland-starts-kruk-attack-helicopter-acquisition-programme

The Polish Armament Inspectorate officially launched its 'Kruk' (Raven) attack helicopter acquisition programme on 8 July, which will eventually replace the country's ageing Mil Mi-24 'Hind' combat helicopters.

The purchase of 32 new attack helicopters comes under a PLN11.6 billion (USD3.8 billion) priority project that also includes the acquisition of 70 multi-role helicopters.

The main competitors in the future 'Kruk' tender are expected to be the AgustaWestland/Turkish Aerospace Industries T129; the Boeing AH-64E Apache 'Guardian'; and the Airbus Helicopters EC 665 Tiger.

The 'Kruk' acquisition plan is divided into two phases: the first will see the creation of the Polish Armed Forces' technical and operational requirements, following market research; with the second focusing on creating a feasibility study and staffing requirements.

http://www.janes.com/article/40591/poland-starts-kruk-attack-helicopter-acquisition-programme

A.Q Apache'si her yerde karşımıza çıkıyo...

A.Q Apache'si her yerde karşımıza çıkıyo...

What did you expect?
Bigger strategic platforms = Bigger painfull headaches.
TF-X will complete against F-35, PAK-FA and maybe F-22 like fighters in future which makes the export chance almost impossible. Competing against USA institutes must be the last thing a non-USA institutes all around the world can expect because USA institutes are entering the tenders with advertising not only effectivities of the products they offered, but also the politic and economic prestige of their country which supports them at all conditions...

Last edited:
What did you expect?
Bigger strategic platforms = Bigger painfull headaches.
TF-X will complete against F-35, PAK-FA and maybe F-22 like fighters in future which makes the export chance almost impossible. Competing against USA institutes must be the last thing a non-USA institutes all around the world can expect because USA institutes are entering the tenders with advertising not only effectivities of the products they offered, but also the politic and economic prestige of their country which supports them at all conditions...

Yes unfortunatelly... How can we win ? Maybe offering ToT ?..

No i give up... We should not offer ToT about very new platforms...

Yes unfortunatelly... How can we win ? Maybe offering ToT ?..

Poland tender, I think Agusta Westland will play one step ahead role in ATAK team and advertisement/lobby will be done by them because Agusta Westland have deeper costumer relations with Poland but USA Skorsky have a S-70 production brend in there so I think Boeing will offer similar ToT and more domestic labour efforts to assemble some parts of Apaches at home.

Otherside, Eurocopter will use European Union collaboration cards to export Tiger.

I think Apache has more chance...

Right now poland is looking to the u.s for increased involvement in polands defence to deter russis so from that aspect the u.s has an advantage. But the apache is expensive and it would take up a large chunk of polands budget when they need to modernize their whole military so from this perspective T-129 has a good chance because it is cheaper than the apache. I also wouldn't be surprised if poland was offered tot because poland is striving to modernize its own defence infustry thus giving the T-129 another advantage.

Eurocopter could sell poland the tiger and cougar at the same time maybe for a good price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom