What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

You mean RAH-66... commanche?

I think you've misread the news... T129 has the engine that was used on RAH-66 Commanche project... that's the only relation in between.

LHTEC CTS 800

Yup, that's it.

I thought History behind Attack Helicopter tender interesting, some of you might aswell
9034831591.jpg

According to viki and antoher website i looked we have only 30-35 attack helicopters... T-129 EDHs are not included to this count...

It was a miracle that we managed to handle PKK conflict with so few attack helis for decades.
We have only had 10 AH1W Super Cobras that could operate in high altitudes. Yet our troops fought like gods and compensated for the lack of equipment.

Turkey receives first attack helicopter
ISTANBUL

The Turkish Army has received the first T-129 attack helicopter co-produced by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) and Italian-British AgustaWestland after several months of technical snags, Defense News reported.

A batch of early delivery T-129 attack helicopters, dubbed the T-129A EDH, which Turkey has acquired from AgustaWestland, have been repeatedly failing acceptance tests since 2012 due to a mismatch with technical specifications stated in the contract.

Industry sources say the calibration failures center on lower-than-required maximum speed, excess vibration during flight, maximum takeoff weight and poor firing performance.

The six T-129A EDHs are part of a batch of nine choppers that Turkey ordered in November 2010, increasing its total order to 60.

The T-129s were largely built by AgustaWestland in Italy with an expected delivery in late 2012, one year before the Turkish-built helicopters would start being delivered. The first nine choppers are to be armed by Turkey.

May/06/2014

Back
Top Bottom