What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Will t-129 have an indigenous motor eventually? I thought there were some helicopter motor projects.

TEI motor projects roadway.

ScreenShot249.jpg

TEI motor projects roadway.

ScreenShot249.jpg

Photo not seen... Ok, now...

ScreenShot249.jpg

This is Kale's engine and they say this will be used on indigenous helicopter.... ( :mad: Give a name to this indigenous helicopter TAI, i got bored of typing 'indigenous helicopter' everytime) :D

1249075381-jpg.24905

indir-jpg.24906

Last edited:
Photo not seen... Ok, now...
This is Kale's engine and they say this will be used on indigenous helicopter.... ( :mad: Give a name to this indigenous helicopter TAI, i got bored of typing 'indigenous helicopter' everytime) :D
That helicopter engine projects are for "5 tonnes" light helicopter and "rotor uav". Not for ATAK.
Are you guys sure that engine even is for helicopters? Because, by the size of it, it looks like it's barely enough to push a HALE-class UAV.

Why would the army replace a CTS800 with a 1000shp engine? :) no Just no.

T129 will always use the same engine, and it's a GREAT turboshaft engine, capable of making the same power output at high and hot conditions. It doesn't need to be replaced.

Why would the army replace a CTS800 with a 1000shp engine? :) no Just no.

T129 will always use the same engine, and it's a GREAT turboshaft engine, capable of making the same power output at high and hot conditions. It doesn't need to be replaced.

They say this engine can be used for indigenous helicopter...
Not T-129

indigenous 5 tons utility heli...

Did i get it wrong ?.. I understand that KALE's that turboprop engine can be used for 5t helicopter which is our indigenous light utility helicopter...

???...

BTW where did you find that pic ? In MSI there is another pic. of 5t heli... Cabatli posted it here before...

And the one you posted is different then Cabatli's post which can i confirm it's from MSI... And this pic. is in the interview part with SSM's helicopter group leader...

hmb32f43.jpg

Last edited:
They say this engine can be used for indigenous helicopter...
Not T-129..
indigenous 5 tons utility heli...
T129 is around 6 tons... not an entirely different weight class...

Why not keep using CTS 800s? Production could start earlier, with more cargo capacity, logistical ease...

I mean it's okay to develop these for civilian sector, or export market... but why should the army buy it?
We already have Mi17s, AS532 Cougars, S/T70 Blackhawks, UH1s...

Even if the light utility helicopter project becomes a success... if it uses an entirely different engine, I don't think the army will buy any... we have too many types of utility helicopters already.
Even new T70s will be largely different from the old blackhawks

I saw the light utility chopper design BTW, it looked like it came out of 1970s... with an underpowered engine.
Army has every reason not to buy that crap indigenous mindigenous doesn't change a thing

Engine choice of T129 is excellent, I've answered your questions, it's NOT going to change
just..
nope

P.S.
Turboprop, turbojet, turboshaft çorba yaptınız mına koyim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom