What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

dudes can you tell me if T-129 could used on helicopter carrier ?? what anti ship missile do you have ? do we can fire it from T-129 ?
1) yes, why not
2) we have harpoons, exocets, and we're developing atmaca
3) no, anti ship missiles are simply too heavy for attack helicopters

T129 won't have a naval use, it's purpose on the LHD will be to provide CAS for amphibious landing.

Last edited:
From December 2011 to today, Atak flew 3200+ hours. During flights, Following munitions were fired.

-42000 (20mm gun)
-4800 (70mm rocket)
-600 Flare

That's what we call as trials...

2013-03-06-tai-13.jpg

Last edited:
not good news it is just GREAT!

first one maybe has CATS FLIR of Aselsan, what do you think guys?

I don't think so...

if not whole remain helos must accept by land forces in a weeks...

as you know aselflir 300t little bit heavy, if t129 carry CATS Flirs it will be more stable...

i think Standarts vesion of T-129 will carry CATS Flirs...

if not whole remain helos must accept by land forces in a weeks...

as you know aselflir 300t little bit heavy, if T129 carry CATS Flirs it will be more stable...

i think Standarts vesion of T-129 will carry CATS Flirs...

IMO if TAI try to replace ASELFLIR 300T with CATS they should configure T-129 again... If they remove 300T from T-129 i think there will occure balance & weight problems...

But as you mentioned standart T-129Bs may have CATS... And then when they upgrade these T-129 EDHs to T-129N standarts they can replace 300Ts with CATS...

This is my opinion...

BTW i don't know clearly about if some of them will stay as EDH and will be T-129A, T-129B1, T-129B2...

How many T-129A, how many T-129B and how many T-129B2 is being planned for our army's inventory...

If anyone know that can he englihten us ?...

Maybe @cabatli_53 ?

IMO if TAI try to replace ASELFLIR 300T with CATS they should configure T-129 again... If they remove 300T from T-129 i think there will occure balance & weight problems...

But as you mentioned standart T-129Bs may have CATS... And then when they upgrade these T-129 EDHs to T-129N standarts they can replace 300Ts with CATS...

This is my opinion...

BTW i don't know clearly about if some of them will stay as EDH and will be T-129A, T-129B1, T-129B2...

How many T-129A, how many T-129B and how many T-129B2 is being planned for our army's inventory...

If anyone know that can he englihten us ?...

Maybe @cabatli_53 ?
The T-129 was heavier in the front due to the 300T ,so the best thing to do would be to change to the CATS.
The weight issue could be solved.

I think this is the 10th time we heard the same news. Hopefully this one is correct.

However there was/is a vibration problem which caused (or is causing) a decrease in accuracy of the cannon.
I'm using past and present tense because I think they have not solved that problem fully.

The T-129 was heavier in the front due to the 300T ,so the best thing to do would be to change to the CATS.
The weight issue could be solved.

Deliveries starting so i think there is no problem about weight abd balance problem...

But if they replace 300T with lighter CATS there will occure balance problem...

Deliveries starting so i think there is no problem about weight abd balance problem...

But if they replace 300T with lighter CATS there will occure balance problem...
No,there was allready a balance problem because of the front(300t+gun)being to heavy,they tried adding weight to the back which made the T-129 to heavy.
So,this way they could have solved that problem.

No,there was allready a balance problem because of the front(300t+gun)being to heavy,they tried adding weight to the back which made the T-129 to heavy.
So,this way they could have solved that problem.

Sure i want CATS rather then 300T... If they do that T-129 will have more payload but i don't think there will be 300T on 9 T-129 EDH... As i mentioned before CATS can be mounted on them while they are upgrading EDHs to standart T-129 configuration...

Back
Top Bottom