What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

nqAN2hi.jpg

IS JORDAN NEXT T-129 CUSTOMER
Jordan KING Abdullah is going to visit Turkey tomorrow.
He wiill also visit TUSAS where he will be offered special T-129 show.

SOURCE

http://www.sabah.com.tr/Ekonomi/2013/03/04/atak-devlerle-yarisiyor
http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/...ey-King-Abdullah-II-visit-Ankara_8344412.html

Jordan-Turkey: King Abdullah II to visit Ankara
Two-day visit starts tomorrow

(ANSAmed) - ANKARA, MARCH 4 - King Abdullah II of Jordan is set to arrive in Turkey on Tuesday as the official guest of Turkish President Abdullah Gul for a two-day formal visit, Anatolia news agency reports citing a statement from Gul's press office. Talks in Ankara will focus on political and economic issues as well as bilateral relations between the two countries and efforts to boost trade volume and investments. The Jordanian king will meet with representatives of the Turkish business world on Wednesday and he will also visit production facilities of Turkish defense contractors. (ANSAmed).

^well how about that? I'll be damned if i don't remember a certain jordanian member saying something about MD-500 being better :D

IS JORDAN NEXT T-129 CUSTOMER

In my opinion, I don't think so, from my observation, Jordan buys arms that were used and proved their reliability.

^well how about that? I'll be damned if i don't remember a certain jordanian member saying something about MD-500 being better :D

It's AH-6 not MD-500. 18 are already on order.

ah6i1.jpg

I already replied, look, it's not easy for fans like ourselves to compare hells, we only can compare general specs while it's much more complicated than this. Nevertheless, I still think it's similar to the south African hell AH-2 which it's general specs are better,

800px-Denel_Rooivalk_flying_2006.jpg

But it's Turkey's first made one, and it's indeed a breakthrough.

It is stated by TAI officials that Jordan along with Pakistan are the first two countries which expressed their interests for Turkish attack copter at the beggining of T-129 Atak program. TAI proceeding talks with Pakistan to sell around 20 T-129 Atak and recent days, Pakistani defence minister was in TAI to check the curent statues of Atak program. It is not a surprize Jordanian king will check Atak program in brends and talk about likely deal.

It is stated by TAI officials that Jordan along with Pakistan are the first two countries which expressed their interests for Turkish attack copter at the beggining of T-129 Atak program. TAI proceeding talks with Pakistan to sell around 20 T-129 Atak and recent days, Pakistani defence minister was in TAI to check the curent statues of Atak program. It is not a surprize Jordanian king will check Atak program in brends and talk about likely deal.

Maybe, no one knows for sure.

Does Jordan have enough money to buy it ? I remember economic crisis in Jordan. I am wrong ?

You know UMTAS AT missile has two variants at present.

UMTAS-L
umtaskobra.jpg

Sections of UMTAS-L with two different warhead solution (Tank hunter and Fragmentation type)
LUMTAS-2_zps260573ef.jpg

UMTAS-L details
LUMTAS_zpsffbb6f3f.jpg

In my opinion, I don't think so, from my observation, Jordan buys arms that were used and proved their reliability.
Turkish army thinks the same, which is exactly why T129 is based on a proven platform.
It's AH-6 not MD-500. 18 are already on order.
Same sh.t. It's an armed transport, not a real attack helicopter.
I still think it's similar to the south African hell AH-2 which it's general specs are better,
Quite ironically, AH2 contended in second tender of the ATAK project and lost to T129 :)

Back
Top Bottom