What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

It is a perfect PR for us that Qatar buys 2 or 3 helicopters.

If you look at the military purchases of the Saudis, Qatar and UAE, almost all purchases have been made at exorbitant prices.

Arabs (except some of North African countries) have no expertise on any system. The arms purchases are largely used for political leverage. They employ foreign consultants at all levels of the armies. For these reasons and because they need to buy even up A-to-Z for maintenance of the systems, they sign bigger contracts than other countries. This results in a greater profit margin for manufacturers.

Therefore, the system to be purchased by Qatar, KSA or UAE will not constitute a reference for another third country.Maybe in the future. Because some them grasped the seriousness of the situation.

If you look at the military purchases of the Saudis, Qatar and UAE, almost all purchases have been made at exorbitant prices.

Arabs (except some of North African countries) have no expertise on any system. The arms purchases are largely used for political leverage. They employ foreign consultants at all levels of the armies. For these reasons and because they need to buy even up A-to-Z for maintenance of the systems, they sign bigger contracts than other countries. This results in a greater profit margin for manufacturers.

Therefore, the system to be purchased by Qatar, KSA or UAE will not constitute a reference for another third country.Maybe in the future. Because some them grasped the seriousness of the situation.

You are absolutely right. The sale of the T-129 to another country is very important for PR. The third country will trigger the fourth. That's the PR I was talking about.

wow 30 units? hope it wont be less :)

oh wait I was too fast :/

- 30 T-129 for Pakistan
- 10 T-129 for Philippines
- 10 T-129 for Qatar
- probably Another 10 T-129 for Italy?
- Possible Morocco deal around the corner,

It looks like, We gonna export most of our production in the foreseeable future. I don't know If I'm suppose to be happy or sad in this situation. :)

- 30 T-129 for Pakistan
- 10 T-129 for Qatar

It looks like, We gonna export most of our production in the foreseeable future. I don't know If I'm suppose to be happy or sad in this situation. :)
You should be happy,this would mean ATAK 2 will become a reality,sooner then expected.

- 30 T-129 for Pakistan
- 10 T-129 for Qatar

Why Italy though?

Why Italy though?
There were rumors posted around here about possible talks with Italy about export of T129 Atak because of the good performance and also from a point of view that there is not logic for Italy to open a production line for a small number of helicopters so there was concluded that purchase from Turkey would be the more logical and good choice.

EDIT: I found it! Here.

from what I heard Azerbaijan had/has interest in the T-129 but can not buy because of the Amerikan engine

Air Force decided to go with Ka-52 and is currently conducting a feasibility study on integration of Spike missiles on them.

Air Force decided to go with Ka-52 and is currently conducting a feasibility study on integration of Spike missiles on them.
wow awesome news man, congratulations. my question is this though, why not go for Mi-28NM, wouldn't it be more reasonable?

wow awesome news man, congratulations. my question is this though, why not go for Mi-28NM, wouldn't it be more reasonable?

Ka-52 is overall superior in terms of maneuverability and overall a much more advanced helicopter than Mi-28

Back
Top Bottom